Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to know if your windows 7 is pirated/illegal copy?

26 Feb 2010   #51
valtonray

Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
 
 

i've heard so many people being concerned about this. why is it surprising to anyone that it would check in with MS to verify itself. truth is as pirates and hackers become better at creating hacks it takes more extreme measures to deter them. sure for the consumer this is unfortunate BUT it shuts down some of the cracks and more people will buy legal copies therefore keeping our software prices down.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Feb 2010   #52
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wullthebull View Post
i have 1pc and 1 lappy legit win7 and I wont be using ms wat on them ,.I have already activated them once and that should be it , so no phoning home in 90 days to check again. if ms wants to find pirate copies then fine , but do not keep checking on legit users .


You don't know what Windows Update really is then.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #53
wullthebull

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wullthebull View Post
i have 1pc and 1 lappy legit win7 and I wont be using ms wat on them ,.I have already activated them once and that should be it , so no phoning home in 90 days to check again. if ms wants to find pirate copies then fine , but do not keep checking on legit users .
So you're never/ever going to rum Windows Update again?
of course I am it will make no diff to win update and you can uninstall it if you want, it just a another stupid idea . if you want to catch pirates !1 then go get them ,but leave legit owners alone
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Feb 2010   #54
wullthebull

 

just found this on net , so what a waste of time

this is a little tool I put together to remove WAT (Windows Activation Technologies) completely from the OS, whilst still retaining genuine status and receiving all updates (optional aswell). You can also pass the genuine check in things like Windows Defender.
There will be no windows activation section in control panel (thanks to nononsence)
no slmgr
no nags, no prompts, nothing. WAT gone.

It works after M$ KB971033 update will make your Windows 7 Genuine again! Enjoy!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #55
RST101

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wullthebull View Post
just found this on net , so what a waste of time

this is a little tool I put together to remove WAT (Windows Activation Technologies) completely from the OS, whilst still retaining genuine status and receiving all updates (optional aswell). You can also pass the genuine check in things like Windows Defender.
There will be no windows activation section in control panel (thanks to nononsence)
no slmgr
no nags, no prompts, nothing. WAT gone.

It works after M$ KB971033 update will make your Windows 7 Genuine again! Enjoy!

All measures to counteract piracy are a waste of time because after all it is only code and code is most manipulative.

For as long as you know what you do you (and I don't) then the challenge of cracking things is what makes the crackers tick.

The only way to stop copyright it is by not having software to begin with.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #56
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wullthebull View Post
just found this on net , so what a waste of time

this is a little tool I put together to remove WAT (Windows Activation Technologies) completely from the OS, whilst still retaining genuine status and receiving all updates (optional aswell). You can also pass the genuine check in things like Windows Defender.
There will be no windows activation section in control panel (thanks to nononsence)
no slmgr
no nags, no prompts, nothing. WAT gone.

It works after M$ KB971033 update will make your Windows 7 Genuine again! Enjoy!
warning   Warning
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Forum Rules #8
Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. The discussion of methods (cracks) designed to circumvent activation and other intellectual protection technologies is also not allowed.

The purpose of WAT is to help to ensure that you are running a genuine MS OS. By its very nature, there are bound to be some false positives, but these will be corrected in subsequent updates to the database that WAT uses. These updates will enable WAT to detect new methods of activation circumvention that are developed. At the moment, this update is optional (and, before anyone asks, I DO have it installed), but it will eventually become mandatory. Validation checks will then include checking for the presence of WAT on your system, and if not present your system will be flagged as non-genuine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #57
unifex

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
 
 

I have just checked again, I don't have this update listed even as an optional. Does anyone have it for the x64 version?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #58
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

You can manually download this update from this link: Genuine Microsoft Software Click on Validate Windows and follow the instructions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #59
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wullthebull View Post
just found this on net , so what a waste of time

this is a little tool I put together to remove WAT (Windows Activation Technologies) completely from the OS, whilst still retaining genuine status and receiving all updates (optional aswell). You can also pass the genuine check in things like Windows Defender.
There will be no windows activation section in control panel (thanks to nononsence)
no slmgr
no nags, no prompts, nothing. WAT gone.

It works after M$ KB971033 update will make your Windows 7 Genuine again! Enjoy!
warning   Warning
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Forum Rules #8
Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. The discussion of methods (cracks) designed to circumvent activation and other intellectual protection technologies is also not allowed.

The purpose of WAT is to help to ensure that you are running a genuine MS OS. By its very nature, there are bound to be some false positives, but these will be corrected in subsequent updates to the database that WAT uses. These updates will enable WAT to detect new methods of activation circumvention that are developed. At the moment, this update is optional (and, before anyone asks, I DO have it installed), but it will eventually become mandatory. Validation checks will then include checking for the presence of WAT on your system, and if not present your system will be flagged as non-genuine.
Tried to rep this post, must 'spread around' first. No BS, nothing but the truth.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Feb 2010   #60
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post

So you're never/ever going to rum Windows Update again?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
The purpose of WAT is to help to ensure that you are running a genuine MS OS. By its very nature, there are bound to be some false positives, but these will be corrected in subsequent updates to the database that WAT uses. These updates will enable WAT to detect new methods of activation circumvention that are developed. At the moment, this update is optional (and, before anyone asks, I DO have it installed), but it will eventually become mandatory. Validation checks will then include checking for the presence of WAT on your system, and if not present your system will be flagged as non-genuine.
The reason I mentioned not ever using WU again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to know if your windows 7 is pirated/illegal copy?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
illegal copy of windows message
i keep getting illegal copy of windows message i tried to do microsoft update to fix also ran spyware nothing fixes it it is a legal copy that has been on laptop since new i even called microsoft but still get message now on 2 computers tosiba win 7 ultimate computer im even getting it on my win...
Windows Updates & Activation
Getting rid of a pirated copy of windows 7
Hi, I have recently been stupid enough to let someone install a ''genuine'' copy of windows 7 home premium on my computer and now it has all gone wrong, recognising that my copy is not genuine and insisting that I activate the account. Unfortuanetly the system restore does not work and I have...
Installation & Setup
Microsoft says i have an illegal copy of Windows 7...
I have Windows Vista 32-bit OEM and want to upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I brought a copy (Full version) on Amazon via a third party seller but when i put in the installation disc a message pops up basically telling me that i have the wrong disc. I contacted Microsoft, gave...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Pirated version to Legit Win 7 Pro
I have a computer with a Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit operatiing system. I have taken hours setting it up only to find out that the win 7 product key was already used on another computer in my office. I have an unused Win Professional 7 64-bit I want to use. I tried simply using the new product key but of...
Installation & Setup
A Review of the Pirated Copy of Win 7 Bought On ebay
A Review of the Pirated Copy of Windows 7 Bought On eBay
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:00.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App