Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: SD card

25 Mar 2010   #11
motc7

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windowsfree View Post
all cards. Tried reinstalling drivers, had to manually install. Device Manager looks ok, just wont read it.

Probably will scrap the Win 7 and perhaps go back to dual booting XP and Linux.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Is this computer with Windows 7 new? If it is, and this isn't working, then sounds like it needs servicing.

If it's older, well, you might try a reinstall of 7.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Mar 2010   #12
gladson1976

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (XP, 98SE, 95, 3.11, DOS 7.10 on VM) + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx
 
 

One last question. Is the card formatted as FAT or FAT32 ?
I've heard that some 2gb cards formatted as FAT have problems with Windows 7.

Since you have a backup, can you format the card as FAT32 and check if it works on both Windows and the Camera ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #13
gladson1976

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (XP, 98SE, 95, 3.11, DOS 7.10 on VM) + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by motc7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windowsfree View Post
all cards. Tried reinstalling drivers, had to manually install. Device Manager looks ok, just wont read it.

Probably will scrap the Win 7 and perhaps go back to dual booting XP and Linux.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Is this computer with Windows 7 new? If it is, and this isn't working, then sounds like it needs servicing.

If it's older, well, you might try a reinstall of 7.
The same laptop has Ubuntu as dual boot and the card works in it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Mar 2010   #14
motc7

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gladson1976 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by motc7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windowsfree View Post
all cards. Tried reinstalling drivers, had to manually install. Device Manager looks ok, just wont read it.

Probably will scrap the Win 7 and perhaps go back to dual booting XP and Linux.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Is this computer with Windows 7 new? If it is, and this isn't working, then sounds like it needs servicing.

If it's older, well, you might try a reinstall of 7.
The same laptop has Ubuntu as dual boot and the card works in it
ahh, sorry I missed that.

So it works on the same computer with different OS but with Win 7 and same hardware it doesn't.

You might have a point. Check file system. If it's FAT32, format to NTFS standard allocation and then try again.

If not, then format that partition and reinstall 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #15
gladson1976

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (XP, 98SE, 95, 3.11, DOS 7.10 on VM) + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by motc7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gladson1976 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by motc7 View Post

Is this computer with Windows 7 new? If it is, and this isn't working, then sounds like it needs servicing.

If it's older, well, you might try a reinstall of 7.
The same laptop has Ubuntu as dual boot and the card works in it
ahh, sorry I missed that.

So it works on the same computer with different OS but with Win 7 and same hardware it doesn't.

You might have a point. Check file system. If it's FAT32, format to NTFS standard allocation and then try again.

If not, then format that partition and reinstall 7.
Problem with NTFS is, the camera won't recognize it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #16
windowsfree

Win7PRo/Ubuntu9.04
 
 

I am gonna wait for Ubuntu 10.04 and wipe HD, reinstall XP and Linux and go on living life as I have. I appreciate all your input. Windows 7 at this point has no advantage for me to continue trying to use it. I have that Network Printer concern with it and well I realize I have older hardware and older OS's but it all works the way I need it to without intervention for the most part. Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #17
gladson1976

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (XP, 98SE, 95, 3.11, DOS 7.10 on VM) + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx
 
 

I'm waiting for 10.04 too
Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #18
motc7

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windowsfree View Post
I am gonna wait for Ubuntu 10.04 and wipe HD, reinstall XP and Linux and go on living life as I have. I appreciate all your input. Windows 7 at this point has no advantage for me to continue trying to use it. I have that Network Printer concern with it and well I realize I have older hardware and older OS's but it all works the way I need it to without intervention for the most part. Thanks again.
you do what you feel is necessary.

However, I do want to caution you about the philosophy of "It works the way I need it without intervention." That works for a time, but just don't fall into the trap of not doing anything and then when things stop working due to backwards compatibility limitations, and those limitations are coming, you find yourself in a bigger fix than a printer not working and an SD card not reading.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #19
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

I, too, have this problem. My card reader is built into my HP 2420 Photosmart. I'll just download to my XP computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Mar 2010   #20
windowsfree

Win7PRo/Ubuntu9.04
 
 
good advice

The only reason I bought Win 7 is the place I work will begin supporting that in June and I wanted to become familiar with it. so for me at this time, I can go back to what I know works for now. Heck I still have an IDE hard drive in my Desktop.


Thank you.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by motc7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windowsfree View Post
I am gonna wait for Ubuntu 10.04 and wipe HD, reinstall XP and Linux and go on living life as I have. I appreciate all your input. Windows 7 at this point has no advantage for me to continue trying to use it. I have that Network Printer concern with it and well I realize I have older hardware and older OS's but it all works the way I need it to without intervention for the most part. Thanks again.
you do what you feel is necessary.

However, I do want to caution you about the philosophy of "It works the way I need it without intervention." That works for a time, but just don't fall into the trap of not doing anything and then when things stop working due to backwards compatibility limitations, and those limitations are coming, you find yourself in a bigger fix than a printer not working and an SD card not reading.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 SD card




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Games only recognizing Intel graphics card, but using a real card
I have an Alienware m14x laptop with a GeForce GT 650M graphics card, but lately my games have been recognizing the "Intel HD graphics 4000" as my graphics card. Anyway to disable the intel card without messing anything else up?
Graphic Cards
What ext video card takes SPDIF audio from ext sound card?
Presently I have to use onboard sound card to have audio through HDMI output from video card. The external sound card installed is Xonar DG and it comes with SPDIF output header to be interfaced with video card. But I do not see no such header on the video card. I wonder what video card has such an...
Graphic Cards
Is there existing external graphic card or video card for laptaps
Is there existing external graphic card or video card for integrated laptops ?? or other suggetions ^^ it would be a great help for me hihi:cool:
Graphic Cards
Cannot recover video card & sound card drivers after crash
Hello, I'm going to try to give as much detail as possible but I didn't write down any of the errors unfortunately. I had a freeze on my computer as I was switching my sound card (a pretty old sound blaster live gamer) from entertainment mode to game mode. I had to reboot as nothing else was...
BSOD Help and Support
PCI-E x1 Sound card blocked by video card cooler.
So here's the dealeo. A buddy of mine just picked up a new PCI Express x1 sound card (brand/model unknown) for his new PC. The problem is that his video card cooler, Radeon HD 4850, blocks any possibility of installing the new sound card. Any solutions? Apart from the obvious one (buying a...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:12.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App