Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Anybody get kinda bored after a big leak?

24 Apr 2009   #1
baarod

El Capitan / Windows 10
 
 
Anybody get kinda bored after a big leak?

So I worked from the beginning to help make sure this was the one. Tweaked to make the d/l faster. Tore apart the ISO to look for versions, dates and digital signatures. Tried to establish the source... Installed it on the Netbook. No problems. Installed configured all the software etc. Installed it on the Media Center. No problems. Installed and configured that too. Checked SevenForums for issues with the build to help with. Nothing major that's not pbkac.

Now what. This OS is so stable and easy it's almost boring Is that how Microsoft determines when it's ready to release? When it gets so boring that average Joe Sixpack can handle it? I was hoping that RC would be this big rush but it's not, it's just, boring. I'm like a dog that chases cars, only this time I caught one


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Apr 2009   #2
swarfega

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

lol, well hopefully Ill be installing it tomorrow (must remember to reset the raid stripe size) and then all the software and testing that goes with it.

Then itl be back to the usual rutine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2009   #3
andych

Windows 7 RTM Ultimate - Activated (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
So I worked from the beginning to help make sure this was the one. Tweaked to make the d/l faster. Tore apart the ISO to look for versions, dates and digital signatures. Tried to establish the source... Installed it on the Netbook. No problems. Installed configured all the software etc. Installed it on the Media Center. No problems. Installed and configured that too. Checked SevenForums for issues with the build to help with. Nothing major that's not pbkac.

Now what. This OS is so stable and easy it's almost boring Is that how Microsoft determines when it's ready to release? When it gets so boring that average Joe Sixpack can handle it? I was hoping that RC would be this big rush but it's not, it's just, boring. I'm like a dog that chases cars, only this time I caught one
I guess I would normally be the same, however this time I am going x64 so I am expecting to have a few "issues" that I haven't come across before. The good thing is I have this wonderful resource to fall back on called SeveForums.
That is once I can get the damned download finished...
At least I am not stressing about backing everything up...I have plenty of time to do that while waiting...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Apr 2009   #4
abuttino

Windows 7 RTM x86/x64
 
 

I didn't get to "Extend" the fun of upgrading. I did both my machines at the same time and finished them in record time. If I do upgrades again I'll do the same thing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2009   #5
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Yes, after all the work of getting it dl'd and installed; it's like what now? I believe that's why we're all ready for the 'next' build just as soon as we get the current one installed; we're like a bunch of junkies, we need another fix before the needle has left our arm.

What are we going to do when there are NO MORE BUILDS.















Later Ted
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2009   #6
garysgold

Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
 
 

I just finished installing. Getting to be pretty routine. It went very smooth as usual. Still can't get a word doc to open in word by dropping on the pinned taskbar icon. Works with IE and I assume notepad and the rest. Bummer. Anybody get kinda bored after a big leak?-blue.gif

Will check it out somemore tomorrow. Install some software. See what happens.

Gary


My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2009   #7
garysgold

Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Yes, after all the work of getting it dl'd and installed; it's like what now? I believe that's why we're all ready for the 'next' build just as soon as we get the current one installed; we're like a bunch of junkies, we need another fix before the needle has left our arm.

What are we going to do when there are NO MORE BUILDS.
Hi Ted,

It's called withdrawal.

LOL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2009   #8
baarod

El Capitan / Windows 10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by garysgold View Post
I just finished installing. Getting to be pretty routine. It went very smooth as usual. Still can't get a word doc to open in word by dropping on the pinned taskbar icon. Works with IE and I assume notepad and the rest. Bummer. Attachment 8832

Will check it out somemore tomorrow. Install some software. See what happens.

Gary
Ever look at an Office shortcut? They're not "normal". The way they implement that JIT (Just-in-time) installation trick they do -- you know "Install on First Use" is to actually have the shortcuts be shortcuts to the installer which then launches the right program from the suite. That's why you can't drop on the taskbar.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2009   #9
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by garysgold View Post
Hi Ted,

It's called withdrawal.

LOL
Hello Gary.


I'm jonesin' already Anybody get kinda bored after a big leak?-1218.gif




Later Ted


My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2009   #10
garysgold

Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Anybody get kinda bored after a big leak?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Bored, what to do?
So, I'm a bored 16 year old with nothing to do.........Anyone have any suggestions? I like games but have nothing left to play. I like movies but dunno what to watch. I wanna learn how to do better designing on Cinema 4D but no one to teach me. ANYTHING is welcome. please find me...
Chillout Room
So bored, what do you do when you're bored on the pc?
So, what do you do when you're bored at your computer? Trying to find something to do lol.
Chillout Room
Help, Im bored
So.. as the title says im bored. I can't think of something to do online. I used to co-run a darknet which was fun but that died. I would like to get into some networking projects but cant find anything interesting. I run linux servers and desktops so no need to explore that. I play some...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App