Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Something really weird with the taskbar!!!

07 May 2009   #1
organerito

 
Something really weird with the taskbar!!!

I have tried to move the taskbar to the left on top and every time I resize it it leaves like a shadow. has anyone experienced that. If yes, how do you fix it?




Attached Thumbnails
Something really weird with the taskbar!!!-capture.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 May 2009   #2
MasterEvilAce

Win
 
 

Ha, wow. Something else I found odd was.. take a window that size..
Now grab one of the corners of it so you can resize both ways.

Pull the corner to the top or bottom of the screen (depending on what corner you grabbed)

It should act as if it wants to maximize vertically... now drag your cursor left and right. Have fun with the window as the shadow chases it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 May 2009   #3
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by organerito View Post
I have tried to move the taskbar to the left on top and every time I resize it it leaves like a shadow. has anyone experienced that. If yes, how do you fix it?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MasterEvilAce View Post
Ha, wow. Something else I found odd was.. take a window that size..
Now grab one of the corners of it so you can resize both ways.

Pull the corner to the top or bottom of the screen (depending on what corner you grabbed)

It should act as if it wants to maximize vertically... now drag your cursor left and right. Have fun with the window as the shadow chases it.

Hmm, I 'm not sure exactly what you mean by moving the taskbar and resizing it makes a shadow, but I think maybe you mean the feature Aero Peek. If you move your cursor to the far right of the taskbar, it will cause all open window to become transparent and have the effect in your screenshot. Although your screenshot shows it just half way thru the desktop. You might disable it to see if it helps or not. Aero Peek - Turn On or Off



@MasterEvilAce
The effect you describe is Aero Snap.

Aero Snap - Turn On or Off
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 May 2009   #4
organerito

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
Hmm, I 'm not sure exactly what you mean by moving the taskbar and resizing it makes a shadow, but I think maybe you mean the feature Aero Peek. If you move your cursor to the far right of the taskbar, it will cause all open window to become transparent and have the effect in your screenshot. Although your screenshot shows it just half way thru the desktop. You might disable it to see if it helps or not. Aero Peek - Turn On or Off



@MasterEvilAce
The effect you describe is Aero Snap.

Aero Snap - Turn On or Off
I am sorry for not being so clear. As you can see in the attachment, the top of the screen is blurry. It got blurry whenI tried to make the taskbar bigger and it left a layer of aereo stuff. I still cannot explain it very well, but I think you can see that in the attachment. I moved the taskbar very far down until almost hal of the screen to make it more visible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 May 2009   #5
MasterEvilAce

Win
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by organerito View Post
I am sorry for not being so clear. As you can see in the attachment, the top of the screen is blurry. It got blurry whenI tried to make the taskbar bigger and it left a layer of aereo stuff. I still cannot explain it very well, but I think you can see that in the attachment. I moved the taskbar very far down until almost hal of the screen to make it more visible.
Where is your taskbar at in that screenshot? Is it set to auto-hide? It appears as if windows isn't recalculating where the taskbar is, so it's drawing the transparent aero for the... "old" location of the taskbar?
I put the taskbar at the top of the screen, and made it really tall... What are we supposed to do after that?


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
@MasterEvilAce
The effect you describe is Aero Snap.

Aero Snap - Turn On or Off
Yes, it's Aero Snap.. but do what I mentioned, just don't release the mouse cursor. If you have window drop shadows on, the shadow "lags" behind the window. IDK If it is intentional or not. I assume it's just a side effect of trying to make transitions "smooth"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 May 2009   #6
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote:
Yes, it's Aero Snap.. but do what I mentioned, just don't release the mouse cursor. If you have window drop shadows on, the shadow "lags" behind the window. IDK If it is intentional or not. I assume it's just a side effect of trying to make transitions "smooth"
Yeah, I see what you mean. Probably just a side effect like you say.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2009   #7
mmseng

Windows 7 RC
 
 

Here is a link to a thread about the same issue on windows7forums.com, seems like a very common problem. No confirmed fixes as of yet.

Taskbar bug on 7100 - Windows 7 Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 May 2009   #8
l8r0n

Vista & Windows 7 Depending on which I boot.
 
 

I'm experiencing the same thing. Also it seems like the taskbar is set to be always on-top with no way to turn it off.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Something really weird with the taskbar!!!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
programs and taskbar acting weird
first it started on my taskbar. when i would try to press a icon it would just flash up and off really fast. i went into task manager an stopped explorer.exe and then restarted it. my taskbar is better but some programs are still acting weird to. for instance i was watching a movie last night and...
General Discussion
Weird scrambled taskbar and pop up dialogs
Hello everybody, hope someone can help shed some light on this for me. As you can hopefully see in my pics that I attached here, my task bar is unusable as well as any drop down windows or pop up dialog from hovering over something. I am unsure of where to go from here as it is such a weird issue...
General Discussion
Taskbar missing, goes weird
Hi there, Occasionally, my Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate produces a bizarre taskbar issue, emptying the right icons such as the clock, speaker etc. completely, and I'm unsure what's causing it or how to solve it. The only temporary measure that seems to be solving the problem is restarting...
General Discussion
Weird problem in taskbar
i am facing this weird problem since a few days! there is an icon for the network connections in the taskbar right? manytimes it does not open up when i click it! so i have to open it from the "network and sharing center"! i have actually made a video to show the problem clearly! please give...
Network & Sharing
Taskbar Thumbnail Preview Acting Weird
This weird behavior of thumbnail preview of the windows started to happen lately. Sometimes, whenever I hover over a button on the taskbar, thumbnail preview does not show up. In addition, although I remove my mouse, the icon is still colored as if the mouse is still over. I attached some examples....
General Discussion
weird taskbar problem
Hi everyone I'm having an intermittent taskbar problem I cant solve. Normally when you hover over an icon in the taskbar it will pop up with the tooltip (if its not open) and the window list when its open (im on basic theme). And when you stop hovering they disappear. But sometimes i get this...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:10.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App