Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Bug?

22 Jun 2010   #31
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

[QUOTE=Vector;801605]
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Product FRED View Post
But certain flavors of 32-bit Windows allow much more than 4 GB...

And apologies to the TS for this thread diversion.
Not desktop versions, which makes this point not applicable to this subject, or even these forums, yet someone always has to bring it up, serving only to belittle someone else and muddle the information given to the OP. Please not, I'm not technically directing my mini-rant at you....it just happens every friggin' time this subject is discussed, and 99.9% of the time, PAE isn't applicable.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Jun 2010   #32
Thorsen

Win7 Home Premium 64x
 
 

does this happen wtih 75 notepads?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #33
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Thorsen View Post
does this happen wtih 75 notepads?
How about 50 XP Modes?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Jun 2010   #34
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

This thread is priceless!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jun 2010   #35
Product FRED

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vector View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Product FRED View Post
But certain flavors of 32-bit Windows allow much more than 4 GB...

And apologies to the TS for this thread diversion.
Not desktop versions, which makes this point not applicable to this subject, or even these forums, yet someone always has to bring it up, serving only to belittle someone else and muddle the information given to the OP. Please not, I'm not technically directing my mini-rant at you....it just happens every friggin' time this subject is discussed, and 99.9% of the time, PAE isn't applicable.
I think you messed up the quote. Vector said it, not me.

EDIT: Is it just me or is the quote system broken? There is no closing tag for the [ QUOTE ] tag when I quote.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2010   #36
chrysalis

windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Yes, mine crapped out at exactly 80 explorer Windows with Ctrl-E. Running 64-bit Ultimate with 8GB of RAM. Just got a cursor and the spinning blue wheel.
without reading this now long thread my guess would be hitting desktop heap limit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2010   #37
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Why was the OP opening Explorer 80 times?

Did you find any other extraordinary ways to crash Win7?

So we'll know what not to do
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2010   #38
Vector

home: Windows 7 x64 • work: OS X 10.12
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chrysalis View Post
without reading this now long thread my guess would be hitting desktop heap limit.
If you are correct, increasing the desktop heap may help the TS in his quest for 80+ open windows.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2010   #39
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Product FRED View Post
I think you messed up the quote. Vector said it, not me.
I believe I did. This is the only forum that brings in multiple quotes, rather than just what the one particular person said. I think I deleted the wrong set of tags. But yes, my comments were in response to what Vector said.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jun 2010   #40
Win7User512

Windows 7 x64 / Same
 
 

I tested it on my x64 Win7 with 4GB RAM using a little program I wrote. I tried 50, 100, 500, then 1000 Notepads.

At 500 and 1000, my system was unusable. At 1000 Notepads, it warned me that resources were short and asked me if I wanted to stop Aero.

At no time did it bluescreen or otherwise error. I just couldn't do anything on the system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Bug?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:29.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App