Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: My Kingston memory and Windows 7 compatibility

06 Jul 2010   #11
rfe777

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Thank you all for your replies.

Maybe I didn't mentioned earlier - I've used the upgrade advisor several times, but for some reason it always shows an error message that says that I need to re-install the upgrade advisor again. No matter how many times I've tried, it always ended the same way. Even restarting the PC, shutting it down and turning it back on and even cleaning the registry, all of these didn't help also. That's why I 'm posting all these threads about my hardware compatibility with Windows 7.

I've also posted similar threads on MSI, AMD (for my video card) and on Western-Digital (for my external & internal hard drives) support forums. One thing I didn't searched for Windows 7 compatibility is my Realtek network adapter as I can't find a Realtek support forums...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
he/she
I'm a guy...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Jul 2010   #12
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rfe777 View Post
Thank you all for your replies.

Maybe I didn't mentioned earlier - I've used the upgrade advisor several times, but for some reason it always shows an error message that says that I need to re-install the upgrade advisor again. No matter how many times I've tried, it always ended the same way. Even restarting the PC, shutting it down and turning it back on and even cleaning the registry, all of these didn't help also. That's why I 'm posting all these threads about my hardware compatibility with Windows 7.
I've also posted similar threads on MSI, AMD (for my video card) and on Western-Digital (for my external & internal hard drives) support forums. One thing I didn't searched for Windows 7 compatibility is my Realtek network adapter as I can't find a Realtek support forums...
Going back to the Win 7 Advisor. I think it would be a mistake for you to ignore the problem you are having. The fact that you cannot successfully install this program suggests a system problem somewhere. Try installing Belarc Advisor from here:
Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
Run that and then with the full list of all your PC components check against the system requirements for Windows 7 to be found here:
Windows 7 system requirements - Microsoft Windows

On the question of the inability to install the Win 7 Advisor can you try again and post a screenshot of the error message you get?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #13
rfe777

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Ok - Here is the screenshot

BTW, Here are my motherboard details: MSI P965 NEO. Maybe someone here knows if it's Windows 7 compatible?


Attached Thumbnails
My Kingston memory and Windows 7 compatibility-upgrade-advisor-error.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jul 2010   #14
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

This Technet thread talks about this upgrade advisor problem but there seems to be more than one possible solution. One of them may work for you, hard to say for sure at this point what the actual solution is.

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor will not run (Unexpected error)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #15
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
This Technet thread talks about this upgrade advisor problem but there seems to be more than one possible solution. One of them may work for you, hard to say for sure at this point what the actual solution is.

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor will not run (Unexpected error)
I've just read throught that thread and I reckon that by the time someone had read the thread, understood it and tried all the possible remedies the next version of Windows will be out there on the shelves. It is a very long thread with dozens of possible remedies. I think if you use the Belarc Adivisor, post a screen shot of it here we will be able to say whether your system will support Win 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #16
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
This Technet thread talks about this upgrade advisor problem but there seems to be more than one possible solution. One of them may work for you, hard to say for sure at this point what the actual solution is.

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor will not run (Unexpected error)
I've just read throught that thread and I reckon that by the time someone had read the thread, understood it and tried all the possible remedies the next version of Windows will be out there on the shelves. It is a very long thread with dozens of possible remedies. I think if you use the Belarc Adivisor, post a screen shot of it here we will be able to say whether your system will support Win 7.
Actually I just read the entire thread in about ten minutes. There was only about three possible solutions and they did in fact work for some. IMO it's the best Technet thread on this subject and the only one with solutions that work.

I'm also fairly certain that my post was not directed towards you or your previous posts in any way, I think the Op needs to decide which posts are relevant.

I'm pretty sure you already posted your "solutions" 5 posts, on this subject so why not let others do their best?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #17
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rfe777 View Post
Maybe someone here knows if it's Windows 7 compatible?
Again, you are worrying about something that shouldn't warrant any thought. You're system specs are well above what is recommnded for Windows 7. That also includes your Realtek NIC, which has drivers built-in to Windows 7. I don't know if you had a bad experience in the past or not, but your fairly recent, common hardware will work with it.

Besides, if you are really worried, then fill out your system specs in your profile.

I would also agree that you may have an underlying issue as to why Upgrade Advisor is failing, but if it is software related, I'd ignore it and go to Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #18
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
This Technet thread talks about this upgrade advisor problem but there seems to be more than one possible solution. One of them may work for you, hard to say for sure at this point what the actual solution is.

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor will not run (Unexpected error)
I've just read throught that thread and I reckon that by the time someone had read the thread, understood it and tried all the possible remedies the next version of Windows will be out there on the shelves. It is a very long thread with dozens of possible remedies. I think if you use the Belarc Adivisor, post a screen shot of it here we will be able to say whether your system will support Win 7.
Actually I just read the entire thread in about ten minutes. There was only about three possible solutions and they did in fact work for some. IMO it's the best Technet thread on this subject and the only one with solutions that work.

I'm also fairly certain that my post was not directed towards you or your previous posts in any way, I think the Op needs to decide which posts are relevant.

I'm pretty sure you already posted your "solutions" 5 posts, on this subject so why not let others do their best?
I humbly apologise, I had no intention of knocking your thread and I am deeply upset that you should think so.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #19
rfe777

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

I just updated my system specs. Anyone wanna have a look?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2010   #20
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Thank you for updating the specs. My advice from above still stands. You are well above the minimum and even the recommended specs. Windows 7 will run perfectly fine on your system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 My Kingston memory and Windows 7 compatibility




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Memory Compatibility
I have two DIMMS of Corsair Vengeance 4GB RAM (2 x 2GB) at 1600MHz, although whenever I try to turn it up to this speed Windows BSODs during boot so I left it at 1333MHz, however I would like to add a DIMM of KomputerBay 8GB 1600MHz to my system but I'm sure the timings are different; the Corsair...
Hardware & Devices
Kingston USB Drive/memory stick - "No driver found"
Hi I just bought a USB drive (i.e. "memory stick") from Kingston. It works fine on my Windows XP computer, but on my Windows 7 Pro (x64) computer it is failing to work. It is showing up under Control Panel > System > Device Manager, where it appears under "other devices" with the name of...
Drivers
Memory compatibility question
I just recently built a new computer, installed 16GB ram (two 8GB strips).... Crucial Ballistix 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model BLT8G3D1608DT1TX0 Newegg also sent me two memory strips.... Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3...
Hardware & Devices
Memory issue GA-790XT USB3 kingston Hyper x KHX1600C9D3K4 /16GX
Just purchased an upgrade memory pack for my Gigagyte GA-790XT USB3 Board. 16Gig (4X4) of KINGSTON HYPER X GENESIS KHX1600C9D3K4 /16GX. The previous memory was the same but (2x4 Gigs) Can't understand this but when fitted, i get no boot and a single beep code (Memory Error) Anybody got...
Hardware & Devices
Intermittent Fault With Kingston 100 G2 USB Memory Stick
Hello all, I have a Kingston 100 G2 USB memory stick (8GB - formatted with FAT32). I use this stick a lot, and is it a work USB. Just recently my home PC has not been wanting to play ball with it. This is what happens: - I plug my stick into ANY USB port on the PC - No automatic...
Hardware & Devices
Kingston HyperX T1 3GB & 6GB 2000MHz DDR3 Memory Review
Ten page review at source: Legit Reviews http://adserv.legitreviews.com/adview.php?what=zone:11&n=aab7e2bc
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:11.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App