Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: low disk space prob...

08 Jul 2010   #1
multibot

windows 7 rtm ultimate build 7600 x86
 
 
low disk space prob...

hiii every one...
i have dis prob.... plzzz help me telling the way how to disable it....
low disk space prob...-untitled.png




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Jul 2010   #2
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

If you have enough space, but just want to get rid of the warning. Try this for either Vista or 7

Low Disk Space Warning in Vista - Vista Forums
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #3
Kirsch

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Open the Registry Editor by clicking Start, then type regedit and hit Enter. Once it is launched simply navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Now right click the Explorer and choose New > DWORD (32bit) Value and name this as NoLowDiskSpaceChecks.

Now Double click it and set its value to 1.

Click OK and that’s it, now log off your computer and login back, you will no longer see the low disk space alerts.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Jul 2010   #4
multibot

windows 7 rtm ultimate build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
If you have enough space, but just want to get rid of the warning. Try this for either Vista or 7

Low Disk Space Warning in Vista - Vista Forums
no i don't have enough space but just want to disable it since its very annoying....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #5
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Follow the tutorial it will work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #6
multibot

windows 7 rtm ultimate build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kirsch View Post
Open the Registry Editor by clicking Start, then type regedit and hit Enter. Once it is launched simply navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Now right click the Explorer and choose New > DWORD (32bit) Value and name this as NoLowDiskSpaceChecks.

Now Double click it and set its value to 1.

Click OK and thatís it, now log off your computer and login back, you will no longer see the low disk space alerts.

but r u sure it will not remove that warning which shows that no space available....
i m talking about that warning which u get while copying any file in ur pen drive n not enough space available there to copy it completely...?????
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #7
Bill2

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Hey Scorpion,

Turning off notifications is one thing and having enough space another. Check in windows explorer, how much space you actually have on that drive. If its teetering on the edges, try a few things.

1) I think this is just a data partition (because its labeled movies)? In that case, you can consider moving some of the stuff on it to external media like an external hdd or dvds.

2) Turn off system restore for E: drive, if this is only a data partition. System restore points take up a lot of space. Make sure you delete all the existing points.

3) Download CCleaner and run it.

4) If you use windows backup, make sure images are not set to be saved on E:.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #8
multibot

windows 7 rtm ultimate build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Hey Scorpion,

Turning off notifications is one thing and having enough space another. Check in windows explorer, how much space you actually have on that drive. If its teetering on the edges, try a few things.

1) I think this is just a data partition (because its labeled movies)? In that case, you can consider moving some of the stuff on it to external media like an external hdd or dvds.

2) Turn off system restore for E: drive, if this is only a data partition. System restore points take up a lot of space. Make sure you delete all the existing points.

3) Download CCleaner and run it.

4) If you use windows backup, make sure images are not set to be saved on E:.
i knw watever u wanna say ....
m sending u a screenshot....
low disk space prob...-untitled.png

now the fact is i wanna keep dis drives fully loaded like dis....
but just dont want that which i posted in the thread...
now i hope u got d point...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #9
Bill2

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Absolutely.

Just a friendly hint, all your movie partitions are running out of space and sooner or later, you'll need to move some of that stuff off those particular partitions. Thats when the warnings will stop automatically.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jul 2010   #10
multibot

windows 7 rtm ultimate build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Absolutely.

Just a friendly hint, all your movie partitions are running out of space and sooner or later, you'll need to move some of that stuff off those particular partitions. Thats when the warnings will stop automatically.
i know that but i just permanently want remove this pop up warning message from the taskbar....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 low disk space prob...




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 No Disk Space after Disk Check Cancellation
Hey Guys, I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what my problem is. Basically, we had an issue with the computer and so we force restarted it at one point about a month ago. After that, we started getting requests to run a check disk after every time the computer was rebooted. The...
General Discussion
Unallocated disk space error, Can not partition volume space
hello, I recently formated my desktop, I have everything saved on the (F) partition, and i formatted the primary partition (C) which leaves me with huge chunk of Unallocated space that is unable to use. Everytime i try to create a new partition, it says that space is not enough ( i even tried...
Performance & Maintenance
Disk Space doesn't show real used space
Hi everyone! This is my first post on this forum :) My Hard Drive is almost full but I don't understand why. I've check how many space was left on my C:\ with its property windows and it says "22GB left" but when I enter the C:\ drive and I select all the files and then toggle the property...
General Discussion
Hard Disk space seen as occupied... But disk is empty inside
Hi 1. I have Win7 64-bit installed. 2. Earlier I installed MySQL and created database (size: 2 GB) in my D: drive (size: 52.8 GB). 3. Then I formatted my C: drive and installed Win7 again. As a result, MySQL got uninstalled and something happened to the database in D: drive. 4. After...
Hardware & Devices
Using Disk Manager, need to unshrink and reclaim Disk 0 space
I'm not sure how I ended up like this, but using Computer Manager > Disk Manager, I ended up with my disk 0 as follows: System Reserved 85MB NFTS Healthy (System, Active, Primary partition) 16MB Unallocated System (C)
General Discussion
hard disk prob
yesterday i reinstalled win 7 x64 on 250GB hard disk with additional 160 GB hard disk i got 500 GB hard disk with datas when i tried to connect it win 7 doesnt start up saying error reinstall with boot disk something and when i tried again after disconnecting 500gb hard disk win 7bootd...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App