Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Time To Update

10 Nov 2010   #61
Lollies

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I've decided to go with EVGA 015-P3-1580-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card.

I'm sure I'll regret it later and wish I had went with the 460's but what else is new.

But before I do, would the superclocked version be worth it for the extra 20$? EVGA has them for 499.99, with promo newegg has them for 517.55 with shipping...



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Nov 2010   #62
SlackerITGuy

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lollies View Post
I've decided to go with EVGA 015-P3-1580-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card.

I'm sure I'll regret it later and wish I had went with the 460's but what else is new.

But before I do, would the superclocked version be worth it for the extra 20$? EVGA has them for 499.99, with promo newegg has them for 517.55 with shipping...
Probably not mate.

Why pay extra for an overclocked version, when you can overclock it yourself (if that's what you really want).

EDIT: Btw excellent choice.

Powerful single GPU > mid range SLI. Every time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #63
Lollies

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lollies View Post
I've decided to go with EVGA 015-P3-1580-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card.

I'm sure I'll regret it later and wish I had went with the 460's but what else is new.

But before I do, would the superclocked version be worth it for the extra 20$? EVGA has them for 499.99, with promo newegg has them for 517.55 with shipping...
Probably not mate.

Why pay extra for an overclocked version, when you can overclock it yourself (if that's what you really want).

EDIT: Btw excellent choice.

Powerful single GPU > mid range SLI. Every time.
I've done so much already OCing it would not be that much of a pain in the scheme of things.

Just an e-mail from EVGA, they now have them in stock @ $499.99 so I think I'm gunna go ahead and order from them since NewEgg has them for $549.99 which is still $517.55 with the promo code and shipped. If they have a sale later in November o well, I doubt the 580's will go down in price soon.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Nov 2010   #64
SlackerITGuy

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lollies View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lollies View Post
I've decided to go with EVGA 015-P3-1580-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card.

I'm sure I'll regret it later and wish I had went with the 460's but what else is new.

But before I do, would the superclocked version be worth it for the extra 20$? EVGA has them for 499.99, with promo newegg has them for 517.55 with shipping...
Probably not mate.

Why pay extra for an overclocked version, when you can overclock it yourself (if that's what you really want).

EDIT: Btw excellent choice.

Powerful single GPU > mid range SLI. Every time.
I've done so much already OCing it would not be that much of a pain in the scheme of things.

Just an e-mail from EVGA, they now have them in stock @ $499.99 so I think I'm gunna go ahead and order from them since NewEgg has them for $549.99 which is still $517.55 with the promo code and shipped. If they have a sale later in November o well, I doubt the 580's will go down in price soon.
Sounds like a good plan mate.

Have fun messing around with that monster .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Nov 2010   #65
Lollies

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lollies View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post
Probably not mate.

Why pay extra for an overclocked version, when you can overclock it yourself (if that's what you really want).

EDIT: Btw excellent choice.

Powerful single GPU > mid range SLI. Every time.
I've done so much already OCing it would not be that much of a pain in the scheme of things.

Just an e-mail from EVGA, they now have them in stock @ $499.99 so I think I'm gunna go ahead and order from them since NewEgg has them for $549.99 which is still $517.55 with the promo code and shipped. If they have a sale later in November o well, I doubt the 580's will go down in price soon.
Sounds like a good plan mate.

Have fun messing around with that monster .
Just ordered it from EVGA, $499.99 total, came with free shipping too. NewEgg has $7.56 shipping with a 10% discount code and its still $517.55. Least I saved a few bucks, I'll just have to cry when it comes down in price in a month.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Time To Update




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows update "2014 time zone update for Russia "
Hi everyone.... the latest Windows update "2014 time zone update for Russia "....KB2998527 was released 9/23/2014. It it necessary for those of us who live in the US to install this update? I have become very cautious about installing Windows updates since the problems the the early August...
Windows Updates & Activation
The time has come (update opinions)
I'm tired of the core of my system, and it seems the mobo (the second one of the same model) died this afternoon. I am faced with replacing the same old motherboard with yet another one that will fail completely within 2 years (if the previous two are any indication) So I'm looking to update ...
Hardware & Devices
Windows update over and over again each time with new stuff.
I did a clean install of Windows 7 and have been having something odd on Windows update. Secunia Personal Software Inspector also says Windows 7 in insecure and that I need to update. Secunia says I have a system score of 85% It is telling me that Framework.2x 3x and 4x are insecure and...
Windows Updates & Activation
How To disable time update?
Hi everyone, first, sorry if my english language will be understandable;D I'm a new here:) Does anyone know how to disable time update on Windows 7? For examlpe. Timer shows 12:00 o'clock when i am disconnected from internet. When i connect to the internet, it updates + 2 hours and show 14:00. I...
Hardware & Devices
IE 8 UPDATE FAILS every time
KB2360131 for Internet explorer 8 64 bit fails every time? any idea why? This one single update was causing all updates to fail until I deselected the box for it. This has been going on for a while.....I have Googled to death on this. There was another update before this one that always...
Windows Updates & Activation
Time will not update
Hi I dont know if this is the right place to post this but i cant seem to get my computer time to update automatically. It starts to fall behind within minutes of updating it and i cant seem to figure out why. My initial thought was ofcourse the CMOS battery but the bios time was fine and also...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App