Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Aero glass doesnt work on my laptop

04 Jun 2009   #1
zealme753

 
 
Aero glass doesnt work on my laptop

Hello people , Am not a computer geek but I have just got windows 7 installed on my laptop but my video card doesnt support glass areo and i really want that thing :O , Is there any way to come over this problem without gettin a new tech laptop ?besides, I tried many ways of registry hacking and stuff but it didnt work for me ,The model of my laptop is ''HP Compaq nc6220''
Any help would go long
Thanxxx


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Jun 2009   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
Glass

hey
I just checked HP and although they say not all features are supported. You have an intel integrated video set up. Me too and I'm running aero. How much ram do you have and how much shared video memory? I can tell you how to find out if you need later.

BTW welcome to SF, dont be afraid to ask. We're a friendly places with some very knowlegible people.

Hope I have helped

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2009   #3
zealme753

 
 

Ohh thanx man but you gotta tell me how to find ram and shared video memoryyy ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jun 2009   #4
zealme753

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
hey
I just checked HP and although they say not all features are supported. You have an intel integrated video set up. Me too and I'm running aero. How much ram do you have and how much shared video memory? I can tell you how to find out if you need later.

BTW welcome to SF, dont be afraid to ask. We're a friendly places with some very knowlegible people.

Hope I have helped

Ken








Ohh thanx man but you gotta tell me how to find ram and shared video memoryyy ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2009   #5
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Piece of cake Go start>type system>click system information and presto. also there are some really comprehensive apps that tell you wonderful things. One of these is sisoftsandra. This is what you get. Let me know if I can be of more use.

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2009   #6
zealme753

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
hey
I just checked HP and although they say not all features are supported. You have an intel integrated video set up. Me too and I'm running aero. How much ram do you have and how much shared video memory? I can tell you how to find out if you need later.

BTW welcome to SF, dont be afraid to ask. We're a friendly places with some very knowlegible people.

Hope I have helped

Ken
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Piece of cake Go start>type system>click system information and presto. also there are some really comprehensive apps that tell you wonderful things. One of these is sisoftsandra. This is what you get. Let me know if I can be of more use.

Ken






Okay yeah i got it
I can see my Ram , my installed memory is 1 Gb, how am gna find the shared video memoryy ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2009   #7
garysgold

Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
 
 

Hello zealme753,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Have you updated your WEI score. Aero won't work if it doesn't know if your system can handle it. Start/Control Panel(Icons View)/Performance Tools and Information. Click the button to rate the computer. If it is capable, you should be able to turn it on after that.

Hope this helps.

Gary
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2009   #8
zealme753

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by garysgold View Post
Hello zealme753,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Have you updated your WEI score. Aero won't work if it doesn't know if your system can handle it. Start/Control Panel(Icons View)/Performance Tools and Information. Click the button to rate the computer. If it is capable, you should be able to turn it on after that.

Hope this helps.

Gary




Hey Gary thanks
well its been rated already with 1.0
And rating of ''destop performance for windows aero '' is 1.9
ermm is that it , or shall i tell you the rest of my computerz rating ?:S
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2009   #9
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Thats it. 1.9 is probably not going to be able to be forced into aero. If you add ram that will go up enough. Damn I thought it was do-able. It might still be. Let me check it out

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jun 2009   #10
zealme753

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Thats it. 1.9 is probably not going to be able to be forced into aero. If you add ram that will go up enough. Damn I thought it was do-able. It might still be. Let me check it out

Ken
yes please check it out for me :$ Besides how am gna add a new ram in my laptop ? Is der any tweak to make my aero glass work ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Aero glass doesnt work on my laptop




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Aero Theme doesnt work
Hey, Today I downloaded new amd drivers. Well those changed that I cannot use my aero themes anymore. And I dont know how to fix this, any help? My specs: Screenshot by Lightshot
Themes and Styles
How do I change the Aero glass look?
Hi I saw this http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/158/3/2/My_Lucid_msstyle_remade_by_CorneliusMc.png and I want to know how he changed the taskbar and the windows with aero peek.
Customization
Aero without glass
Forgive me, I am a noob and this is my first post: I have Aero. I like the features it gives me, especially like the Win-tab navigation functions. I can live with some of the other things it forced me to do. But I have an issue with vision' being very sensitive to reflection. And it seems that...
Customization
What is aero glass remoting
And how does it differ from the basic aero theme?
General Discussion
Aero glass problem
My desktop doesn't support Aero Glass because my video card is too old, is there anyway to enable the aero glass without my video card spazing out?(or buying a new card...) EDIT: if you were wondering, i have the onboard video card for a dell 3000.
Graphic Cards
Aero and Glass effect
My aero seems to be bugged. I know it can't be a problem with my graphics card because aero works fine, usually when i modify the graphics driver (re-installing it, updating it) until i reboot my computer. When I turn my computer back on, the task bar just ends up looking a dull blue/grey colour...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App