Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Directx?

04 Dec 2010   #1
kkkk44

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Directx?

So i just installed windows 7 and downloaded DirectX End-User Runtime web Installer
from ( Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer ) and my gpu drivers.

And i just want to know if that's all i need.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Dec 2010   #2
rvbfan

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Could update your audio and Ethernet(wireless) drivers as well. Other than that, unless you are
having problems I wouldn't worry about it. Unlike XP, Windows98 etc... 7 doesn't need to be
fiddled with much.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Dec 2010   #3
parabellum

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I'd install DirectX after your GPU drivers, so nothing is overwritten by either installer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Dec 2010   #4
DustSailor

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
 
 

I know this is probably redundant, but you're card or system didn't come with an installation CD? They usually attach directx to it's download
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2010   #5
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DustSailor View Post
I know this is probably redundant, but you're card or system didn't come with an installation CD? They usually attach directx to it's download
While this is true, it's usually an older version

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2010   #6
DustSailor

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DustSailor View Post
I know this is probably redundant, but you're card or system didn't come with an installation CD? They usually attach directx to it's download
While this is true, it's usually an older version

A Guy
Nah, you have directx 9, 10, or 11 as the most recent. Lower isn't worth it. The best Directx (that is what we're talking about, and not the driver) usually comes on the disk, and it matches what your card can use. Not an older version at all, unless you have an older card
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2010   #7
DustSailor

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kkkk44 View Post
So i just installed windows 7 and downloaded DirectX End-User Runtime web Installer
from ( Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer ) and my gpu drivers.

And i just want to know if that's all i need.
So basically, yes, thats all you need. drivers and directx. you're good pal
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2010   #8
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DustSailor View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DustSailor View Post
I know this is probably redundant, but you're card or system didn't come with an installation CD? They usually attach directx to it's download
While this is true, it's usually an older version

A Guy
Nah, you have directx 9, 10, or 11 as the most recent. Lower isn't worth it. The best Directx (that is what we're talking about, and not the driver) usually comes on the disk, and it matches what your card can use. Not an older version at all, unless you have an older card
What I'm saying is the CD usually doesn't have the most recent version. It may be DirectX 9c, but not the most recent version. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Dec 2010   #9
parabellum

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

That is true with drivers that come on cd's. If you want the latest website go to the manufacturer's website.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2010   #10
DustSailor

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
What I'm saying is the CD usually doesn't have the most recent version. It may be DirectX 9c, but not the most recent version. A Guy
ah, you are right my friend. Windows is usually good about finding updates for hardware, provided you install the base software first. Windows automatically searches for drivers for cards, even if you haven't installed anything yet, but I don't think it searches for directx unless some version is already installed first.

But I think the reason this cat hasn't replied to his own post is because he has found peace of mind and solved his problem. We are beating a long dead horse friends. But I admit, it is fun!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Directx?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to reinstall DirectX 11 or repair DirectX 11
Can someone please provide me with instructions on re-installing DirectX 11 or repairing it? WIN 7 64Bit -
Software
DXDiag shows DirectX 11 but Windows Experience Index shows DirectX 10
Hello, I just did a clean install on my laptop after installing a new SSD. I installed the drivers that I had to install manually, and then I did a Windows update for anything else. After getting everything setup I ran my first Windows Experience Index. Surprising, the graphics score was...
Performance & Maintenance
Geforce GT 220 is compatible with DirectX 10 but installs DirectX 11??
So I'm having a burning question pop up. My Video card is an Nvidia Geforce GT 220, and it says that its only compatible with DirectX 10. My system, however, installs DirectX 11! So do I downgrade my DirectX?
Drivers
Having DirectX Problem, Specifically DirectX Diagnostic
Hello, I Have a Problem With My Direct X Working For My Lenovo Thinkpad Labtop. Specifically An Error Running Direct X Diagnostic. I Have been told this is major problem and Would Like To know If Someone would be able to assist me with this situation. Attached is my SFC Scan Results from...
Performance & Maintenance
Radeon HD 5750 directx 10 or directx 11
can someone please help me understand whats going on here with my video card ? i have a XFX HD-575X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card that say it supports directx 11 . my system says it's using directx 11 but wei says the video card...
Graphic Cards
DirectX issue - setup has detected that one or more directx component
I'm having an issue where i can't reinstall directx from the latest redist on Win7 Pro x64. When i goto run the setup i just get 'setup has detected that one or more directx component files in-use by an application' then i'm forced to exit the installer. Can anyone help to resolve this??...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App