Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Major resolution issue

11 Jan 2009   #21
geoldr

W7
 
 

I am now using a DVI cable. I can finally actually see the screen in Windows 7. It is still running on 1920X1080, still blurry, and if I switch to 1680X1050, its still blurry and it shows up as a box in the middle of the screen.
This is ONLY a problem with Windows 7. In vista/XP/Linux when I switch to 1680X1050 everything is perfect.

WOW: Using the Nvidia control panel I was able to fix it somehow. It shows that 1920X1080 is the native. Maybe a bug in the firmware of the monitor, who knows. But now I got it looking like it did with Vista.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Jan 2009   #22
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

the reason its stated as 1080p is because of the HDMI...

its either 1080p or 720p

the manufacturer didnt want to use 720 and so he went with 1080p....

ok back to the q's

what did you do to get it working in vista??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #23
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
the reason its stated as 1080p is because of the HDMI...

its either 1080p or 720p

the manufacturer didnt want to use 720 and so he went with 1080p....
What???

HDMI and DVI are exactly the same except for a different shape and DVI has no Audio signal. They both send uncompressed digital signals.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Jan 2009   #24
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by geoldr View Post
I am now using a DVI cable. I can finally actually see the screen in Windows 7. It is still running on 1920X1080, still blurry, and if I switch to 1680X1050, its still blurry and it shows up as a box in the middle of the screen.
This is ONLY a problem with Windows 7. In vista/XP/Linux when I switch to 1680X1050 everything is perfect.

WOW: Using the Nvidia control panel I was able to fix it somehow. It shows that 1920X1080 is the native. Maybe a bug in the firmware of the monitor, who knows. But now I got it looking like it did with Vista.

You have it looking good with 1080p or 1680x1050?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #25
Mark

Windows 7 Ultimate Vista Ultimate x64
 
 

Is this the option you selected because that's the difference when you have a DVI connection, you don't get that option with VGA.

Major resolution issue-2009-01-11_163455.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #26
geoldr

W7
 
 

I am using 1680X1050, I am using the "use device built in scaling" and this is what it looks like:
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5...enshot2xq2.jpg

In vista, to get it looking good I just switched the resolution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #27
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by geoldr View Post
I am using 1680X1050, I am using the "use device built in scaling" and this is what it looks like:
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5...enshot2xq2.jpg

In vista, to get it looking good I just switched the resolution.
Good, problem solved by using a DVI Cable to enable the settings to make your picture look proper.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #28
Mark

Windows 7 Ultimate Vista Ultimate x64
 
 

Well that looks fine now, at least you have it sorted out and you should have even better picture quality now with the DVI cable, by the way why didn't you use that cable from the get go?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #29
geoldr

W7
 
 

I have my PS3 hooked up to my monitor, and since the monitor only has one DSUB and one DVI, I put the PS3 on DVI, and PC on VGA. Well I guess I will have to deal with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2009   #30
I2aMpAnT

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by geoldr View Post
I have my PS3 hooked up to my monitor, and since the monitor only has one DSUB and one DVI, I put the PS3 on DVI, and PC on VGA. Well I guess I will have to deal with it.
Why not get an HDMI for the PS3?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Major resolution issue




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
New To Seven's MAJOR ISSUE! (BSOD)
ok folks im new to this whole thing ive done alot of research regarding this issue. Bad_pool_caller Bad_pool_header is the message I see in the bsod, (one or the other never both at once) - x64 windows 7 oem install - laptop toshiba satellite
BSOD Help and Support
major issue with install
ok am using windows 7 home premium 32 bit, upgrade version to do a clean install on my comp, doing the normal routine of booting from cd then going thru advanced install and reformat, well the issue arises when i get to completeing install section after the first restart, the entire program...
Installation & Setup
Major computer issue... I really need help with this!
Alrighty about a month ago we installed windows 7 onto our dell dimension 9100 we originally had windows xp on it. Well one major issue we noticed was it would freeze up for a few seconds- minutes and then start working again. Rather annoying. Well about two weeks ago the system crashed. When you...
BSOD Help and Support
Got a major install issue
Ok im trying to upgrade my vista to windows 7. I have a fairly nice PC Dell XPS 64 bit with 4 gigs of ram. The installl goes good up untill the "Completeing Install" part. After the reboot my monitor goes black and never comes back up. If i try a reboot and go into save mode i get an error saying i...
Installation & Setup
Win7 Major Issue
Hello everyone. I recently installed my copy of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate on my computer. It was running swell for 2 days, playing world of warcraft, surfing the net, chatting, etc. Today it randomly shut down. I tried to turn it back on but nothing. So i check the cables, everything seemed fine, but...
BSOD Help and Support
HELP! Major Issue
G'day, I am having some issues with Windows 7, randomly last night after rebooting my router, Microsoft programs refuse to connect to the internet (IE8, Windows Live Messenger, Live Mail etc.) so I thought this was an issue with my internet. Low and behold Mozilla works fine and can turn up...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:07.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App