Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Nvlddmkm Error. Help?

08 Jun 2011   #11
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

going out on a limb here and based on nothing but my own experiences with the 9800gtx gfx card I suspect this may be the route of your problems ?

run the gfx card test shown in yowanvistas post ?

Is there any way you can try a friends gfx card ?

working on the idea I could be totally wrong can you please post screenshots of your ram timings and voltages to compare against spec and bios settings ?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Jun 2011   #12
Thebluemeow

Win7 Pro 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ickymay View Post
going out on a limb here and based on nothing but my own experiences with the 9800gtx gfx card I suspect this may be the route of your problems ?

run the gfx card test shown in yowanvistas post ?

Is there any way you can try a friends gfx card ?

working on the idea I could be totally wrong can you please post screenshots of your ram timings and voltages to compare against spec and bios settings ?
Yes, I have run that test with no errors. I have no access to any other cards to test. However, during the last two RMAs of this card I bought a temporary card to use. It ran fine. However, it doesnt say much because sometimes my computer runs weeks without the NVLDDMKM errors.

Here is a SS of my memory timings and voltages that you asked for:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ingsvolts.png/

Thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2011   #13
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Thebluemeow View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ickymay View Post
going out on a limb here and based on nothing but my own experiences with the 9800gtx gfx card I suspect this may be the route of your problems ?

run the gfx card test shown in yowanvistas post ?

Is there any way you can try a friends gfx card ?

working on the idea I could be totally wrong can you please post screenshots of your ram timings and voltages to compare against spec and bios settings ?
Yes, I have run that test with no errors. I have no access to any other cards to test. However, during the last two RMAs of this card I bought a temporary card to use. It ran fine. However, it doesnt say much because sometimes my computer runs weeks without the NVLDDMKM errors.

Here is a SS of my memory timings and voltages that you asked for:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Thanks!
hi thnx I need the spd tab to show voltage ?

If its running at 1.8v the timings at 400mhz should be 5,5,5,18 yet your showing 4,4,4,12 at 400mhz ?

although you can often run XMS2 at 2.1v with 4.4.4,12 timings I would suggest setting less aggresive speeds by resetting your ram in your BIOS to 5,5,5,18 ?

if you do post anymore screenshots please can you use this forum's facility
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Jun 2011   #14
Thebluemeow

Win7 Pro 64
 
 

Sorry, the voltage is at 2.1 @ 14. I have also tried 1.8@ 15. However, last nighf I couldn't play warcraft ten minutes without lock ups. I tried my system with only one stick and it ran while gaming for two hours without a lock up. It was a lil laggy running only one stick. I am not sure if this is just a coincidence or if I am actually on to something though.

Update: while playing games with the one stick tonight, I got repeated graphics errors. BBCod 117s. However, I didnt just lock up this time. The game would go in and out of a black screen. I was able to at least get to the deck top and actually close the game without having to hard restart.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2011   #15
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Thebluemeow View Post
Sorry, the voltage is at 2.1 @ 14. I have also tried 1.8@ 15. However, last nighf I couldn't play warcraft ten minutes without lock ups. I tried my system with only one stick and it ran while gaming for two hours without a lock up. It was a lil laggy running only one stick. I am not sure if this is just a coincidence or if I am actually on to something though.

Update: while playing games with the one stick tonight, I got repeated graphics errors. BBCod 117s. However, I didnt just lock up this time. The game would go in and out of a black screen. I was able to at least get to the deck top and actually close the game without having to hard restart.
did you say your BIOS is fully up to date ?

this is beginning to sound like a ram problem and how your motherboard is dealing with timings and voltages ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jun 2011   #16
Thebluemeow

Win7 Pro 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ickymay View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Thebluemeow View Post
Sorry, the voltage is at 2.1 @ 14. I have also tried 1.8@ 15. However, last nighf I couldn't play warcraft ten minutes without lock ups. I tried my system with only one stick and it ran while gaming for two hours without a lock up. It was a lil laggy running only one stick. I am not sure if this is just a coincidence or if I am actually on to something though.

Update: while playing games with the one stick tonight, I got repeated graphics errors. BBCod 117s. However, I didnt just lock up this time. The game would go in and out of a black screen. I was able to at least get to the deck top and actually close the game without having to hard restart.
did you say your BIOS is fully up to date ?

this is beginning to sound like a ram problem and how your motherboard is dealing with timings and voltages ?

Yes. My mobo bios is updated to the most current nob beta version. The 1701 version if I remember correctly. My chipset drivers are the most as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2011   #17
ickymay

win7 ultimate / virtual box
 
 

the 750W Antec power supply is an unknown value to me but its not a bad name and with an 80+ certification It should be ok, if it was the Earth Watt then thats made by seasonic which are quality manufacturers but the Neo Power series are unknown quality to me ?

Can you make sure you have got the 12v rails split so that you aren't supplying the 8500GTX just using the same rail ?

Borrowing a newer gfx card to try for a few days might be the easiest way to help us eliminate or identify the 8500GTX as the cause here ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Nvlddmkm Error. Help?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD error by NVLDDMKM.SYS
Hi, I have a PackardBell I7-860 computer and the last weeks it suddenly goes black (BSOD) and sometimes restart. Or I have to do a hard restart. NO warnings, no special programs used at that moment. After recovering I get a message about the problem with a .dmp file in the minidump directory. My...
BSOD Help and Support
nvlddmkm.sys BSOD error!! @#$#@$%^
i've been playing SC2 on Windows Vista just fine for months, and the day I install Windows 7, I start getting this nvlddmkm.sys BSOD error. In the middle of the game, the screen will start flickering black jumping in and out of the game, and that's when i know my system is about to crash... I've...
BSOD Help and Support
Win 7 64-bit BSoD nvlddmkm.sys error
I just bought my HP monitor (w2338h) on Monday Feb 8th to go with my new HP desktop (HPE-170f) I received the last week of January. I had no problems with drivers or BSoD with when I had my old monitor. But since Feb 10th, I've been experiencing random shutdowns and blue screens, and...
BSOD Help and Support
nvlddmkm.sys error with 1 BSOD
So I just recently built my computer. Last weekend. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit My specs are: AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE MSI 980a motherboard eVGA Geforce 9800gtx+ A-Data Gaming 4gb of ram OCZ ModxStream PSU 600W
BSOD Help and Support
Win 7 64-bit BSoD nvlddmkm.sys error
I have a Leadtek 9800gx2 on win 7x64 and when i'm playing 3D aplications such as games the bsod appears and I got the latest drivers installed. When I finish installing a video driver, the computer doesn't ask for a reboot. It just says installation finished. 10x i've attached the dump file
BSOD Help and Support
nvlddmkm.sys error fix -- For me anyway ..
I installed the latest Nvidia drivers . and only have dep turned on for essential programs and services .. Works for me ... try it and see ...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App