Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HDMI output not working.

27 Jul 2011   #31
RockStar21

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RockStar21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post


I'd try the other steps first, ie my previous post and if that does not work, go back to that previous image. Only flash BIOS if that does not work either...
Restoring from system image was one of the first things I tried when this happened... didn't fix. Just deleted drivers in safe mode... same situation. Guess we're running out of options here.
No.... You should still try the bios reset, not flash...
Yeah... tried reset.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Jul 2011   #32
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Could you please post back exactly what happened when you went through these steps:

Quote:
I would boot in Safe mode, delete graphics drivers, reboot with no tv or vga connection, let Windows 7 re-install...
What happened when you deleted the drivers (to what screen and resolution did it revert)?
Then you reboot, in Safe mode and install newest drivers, what happened then? (again, what was primary screen to and resolution did it revert)?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2011   #33
RockStar21

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Could you please post back exactly what happened when you went through these steps:

Quote:
I would boot in Safe mode, delete graphics drivers, reboot with no tv or vga connection, let Windows 7 re-install...
What happened when you deleted the drivers (to what screen and resolution did it revert)?
Then you reboot, in Safe mode and install newest drivers, what happened then? (again, what was primary screen to and resolution did it revert)?
I will go through the steps again tomorrow and post in detail what happened. Should I download the latest drivers from nvdia or oem drivers from ASUS?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jul 2011   #34
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RockStar21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Could you please post back exactly what happened when you went through these steps:

Quote:
I would boot in Safe mode, delete graphics drivers, reboot with no tv or vga connection, let Windows 7 re-install...
What happened when you deleted the drivers (to what screen and resolution did it revert)?
Then you reboot, in Safe mode and install newest drivers, what happened then? (again, what was primary screen to and resolution did it revert)?
I will go through the steps again tomorrow and post in detail what happened. Should I download the latest drivers from nvdia or oem drivers from ASUS?
nvidia...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2011   #35
RockStar21

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Ok so here goes... started in safe mode... deleted drivers for NVIDIA G105M and Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family... rebooted and display reverted to Default Monitor 800 x 600. Windows automatically installed drivers for Intel(R) 4 Series... restarted to primary display Mobile PC Display 1366 x 768 but no NVIDIA. Rebooted in safe mode... installed latest drivers from NVIDIA... restarted and things were completely messed up... Default Monitor 800 x 600.(guess the latest nvidia drivers are not compatible with this system) I repeated the above procedure this time installing the OEM NVIDIA drivers from the ASUS website... but... back to square one. Everything is working fine again except of course the HDMI output without the VGA attached.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2011   #36
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

IT could be that ASUS has made their own custom nVIDIA driver too. Some lappie makers do that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2011   #37
TVeblen

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium SP1
 
 

Just a thought:
You've done a lot of work on the laptop side of the equation. I would start working on the TV's settings.

When you connect the TV to the laptop (or any W7 computer) you should get that "beep-boop" sound as Windows discovers new hardware. Most TVs that I am aware of are not plug-and-play devices but they do send a signal on the HDMI cable that computers pick up.

If the TV has more than one HDMI input you could try those. But scroll through all your TV settings to see if there is anything you can play with that controls outputs & inputs or external sources to see if you can get the PC to recognize the TV.

I also recall some issues similar to this one that actually ended up being a bad HDMI cable. Have you explored that possibility?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jul 2011   #38
RockStar21

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen View Post
Just a thought:
You've done a lot of work on the laptop side of the equation. I would start working on the TV's settings.

When you connect the TV to the laptop (or any W7 computer) you should get that "beep-boop" sound as Windows discovers new hardware. Most TVs that I am aware of are not plug-and-play devices but they do send a signal on the HDMI cable that computers pick up.

If the TV has more than one HDMI input you could try those. But scroll through all your TV settings to see if there is anything you can play with that controls outputs & inputs or external sources to see if you can get the PC to recognize the TV.

I also recall some issues similar to this one that actually ended up being a bad HDMI cable. Have you explored that possibility?
Yeah... I've tried all the HDMI ports on the TV... even tried another TV. Went through the menu, but didn't see anything relevant.

I don't get the "beep-boop" sound.

I only have one HDMI cable at the moment... perhaps I'll borrow one and see if that's the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2011   #39
Gammler

Win7
 
 

Hey dude,

Haven't solved your problem yet?
I was having the same problem. What I did to solve it was installing the latest nvidia hdmi driver for win 7 64 bits (my OS). After that, NVIDIA HDMI Out showed not connected, even though with the hdmi cable connected. So, with the HDMI cable connected to the PC and to the TV, I went to Control Panel -> NVIDIA Control Panel -> Display -> Change Resolution and there I noticed that the HDMI Audio output was disabled. I just enabled it and now everything works fine even with the display duplicated.

Maybe it can help ya..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HDMI output not working.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
HDMI output from PC to TV not working anymore.
I've been using an HDMI cable to connect my pc (win7 home premium 64bit, nvidia GeForce G210 video card) to my Panasonic HDTV for over 2 years. As of not so long ago (can't remember exactly when, it was around May probably) the PC and TV couldn't connect anymore. At first i thought it was my HDMI...
Graphic Cards
HDMI output not working (just sound)
My playback device for my HDMI output is an AMD HDMI Output. I just got a new Bush Smart TV after cracking my old LG. HDMI output sound worked perfectly fine on my old tv and it works fine on my other Samsung TV. However the soud only refuses to work on my new Bush TV. The picture works fine and...
Sound & Audio
Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output
GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 3.1) GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 3.1) (Note 3) Simultaneous output for DVI-D and HDMI is not supported. What I'm trying to do is output just my sound to the receiver via HDMI cable, but still use the DVI to my monitor...
Sound & Audio
ati 5770 hdmi output not working
I bought new computer about 6 month ago. Hdmi worked fine with my tv and i dont know whats wrong now. I know its not the cable because i bought another one and the tv is certainly not because it has 2 hdmi. The computer as i said is almost new so a would be very happy if i wouldnt have to give it...
Graphic Cards
ATI HD3470 Mobility HDMI Audio output not working!!!
Hey guys I have a ASUS M51vr Notebook Running windows 7, I have the latest ATI Drivers for my ATI HD3470 mobility Plus latest Realtek HD drivers. My problem is when i plug in my hdmi output via my hdmi cable it doesn't make the new device detected sound it would make on vista then allow me to...
Sound & Audio
HDMI output not working to my primary monitor
I have Win7 ultimate, 2xNvidia 480GTX running in SLI and an ASUS VE278 monitor. It works fine using DVI but when I connect the monitor to the gc with the HDMI cable and switch the monitor to HDMI mode I get the Windows background, but no mouse pointer or anything to work with. If I try and boot the...
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App