Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Good Ati Radeon HD 6950 Overclock settings

31 Jul 2011   #21
Terronium 12

Windows 10 Technical Preview - x64
 
 

You talking to me, or cd64?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Jul 2011   #22
cannotdisplay64

windows 7 professional x64
 
 

if your talking to me good plan batman plus i know to watch the temps but i heard these cards can go to higher temps then older cards
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2011   #23
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

If we're talking 6950, yeah they can go higher than that temp wise. I've been doing a lot of gaming and mine easily hits mids 80's. This is while playing Dragon Age 2 with the hi-res texture pack.

Good Ati Radeon HD 6950 Overclock settings-gpu-temps-load.jpg

No issue though and the fan really doesn't get too loud when it does ramp up. Although you did hear it throttling up and down as the temps fluctuate.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Jul 2011   #24
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Devilz View Post
Also keep an eye on your card temp, it should not exceed 65 or you will burn it.

Over 65c? Burn? No. No it won't.

Cards are far more robust than that. Running a card at over 100c for an extended period of time will kill it prematurely, but exceeding 65c is fine.

Obviously the lower the temps the better, but anything under 90c and you're fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2011   #25
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Obviously the lower the temps the better, but anything under 90c and you're fine.
+1

Exactly
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2011   #26
Devilz

Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Devilz View Post
Also keep an eye on your card temp, it should not exceed 65 or you will burn it.

Over 65c? Burn? No. No it won't.

Cards are far more robust than that. Running a card at over 100c for an extended period of time will kill it prematurely, but exceeding 65c is fine.

Obviously the lower the temps the better, but anything under 90c and you're fine.
thanks for info, if 90 is the figure i need to keep an eye on, I can push my 5770's bit further then
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2011   #27
cannotdisplay64

windows 7 professional x64
 
 

you then have to think about other factors though as you start to overclock besides temps
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2011   #28
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Devilz View Post
thanks for info, if 90 is the figure i need to keep an eye on, I can push my 5770's bit further then
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cannotdisplay64 View Post
you then have to think about other factors though as you start to overclock besides temps
Double exactly - temps are just one part of the equation - voltage, memory, would be some others.

The best way to go about this would be to take small steps till you find a place where the card is starting to act up. But…. you need to be very careful because too much of an overclock can brick the card.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2011   #29
Devilz

Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Devilz View Post
thanks for info, if 90 is the figure i need to keep an eye on, I can push my 5770's bit further then
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cannotdisplay64 View Post
you then have to think about other factors though as you start to overclock besides temps
Double exactly - temps are just one part of the equation - voltage, memory, would be some others.

The best way to go about this would be to take small steps till you find a place where the card is starting to act up. But…. you need to be very careful because too much of an overclock can brick the card.
I know that but thanks for update
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Apr 2014   #30
cammykool

Windows 7 Ultimate x32, ubuntu 12.04 LTS
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Terronium 12 View Post
I'm currently running at 895/1375.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cannotdisplay64 View Post
im guessing you didn't use catalyst control center as mine only allows me to go to 840 and 1325
Yeah it would be helpful to your question if he clarified his statement

Example: I'm running my 6950 @ 880/1375 but I BIOS flashed my card using these procedures - Unlocking The AMD Radeon HD 6950 to 6970 - BIOS Flash Mod Guide - AMD Radeon HD 6950 to HD 6970 Modification - Legit Reviews

I know you said you had concerns about bricking your card with a flash but I just wanted to show you what I did.

You can see my post on it here - Radeon HD 6950 2GB Flash Mod
not to bump a SUUUUUPER old thread but how safe is this process? it seems to be refrencing the asus made card witch i do not have
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Good Ati Radeon HD 6950 Overclock settings




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
XFX Radeon HD 6950 1GB - CRASH!
Hi - I upgraded my computer from nVidia 9800GT 512MB to XFX Radeon HD 6950 1GB. My computer has a mobo ASUS M4A78-E, with Phenom II x4, and OCZ SSD 120G, 10GB RAM, 700W OCZ Modular PSU etc. After the installation, however, the graphic card is going crazy! At first, the screen just went to blank...
Graphic Cards
Radeon HD 6950 - Question regarding signal issues
Last night I finished my brothers new build. The specs are as follows: MOBO: ASUS P8Z68-V LE LGA 1155 Intel Z68 CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 PSU: CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 Modular 80+ Silver Certified OS Drive: Corsair Force Series 3 SATA III 120GB RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x...
Graphic Cards
Radeon HD 6950 2GB Flash Mod
So, I've got the first interface design Radeon HD 6950, and I can flash it to a 6970. But, apparently if you don't do it the right way, after a week or so you'll get artifacts. This is caused by the RAM which in the 6970 is set to a different voltage. I'm using an XFX card, which according to the...
Graphic Cards
New rig + Radeon 6950 = trouble
As per title, getting nothing but trouble from this card. The rig details should be in my profile (hopefully), I didn't analyze anything in-depth but it seems like all components are in place and compatible. Issue(s): Initially was getting BSODs on Windows login, fixed that with the 10.12a...
BSOD Help and Support
AMD Radeon HD 6950 to HD 6970 Mod
Source A Guy
Graphic Cards
AMD Radeon HD 6970 & 6950 now available on Newegg
HD 6970: Newegg.com - HD 6970 HD 6950: Newegg.com - HD 6950 No reviews yet though =(, NDA expires midnight EST.
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:01.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App