Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Acer Aspire 5920 touchpad drivers?

27 Feb 2010   #11
dreamkeeper

win 7
 
 

hi i just have install win 7 ultimate 32bit . fist i got some problems using the scroll fuction but i solve it by downloading the touchpad drivers from synaptics site . i also notice that i am not ably to use the multimedia buttons (on the right side ) any further help ??


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Feb 2010   #12
blowyrmind

Windows 7 RC
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dreamkeeper View Post
hi i just have install win 7 ultimate 32bit . fist i got some problems using the scroll fuction but i solve it by downloading the touchpad drivers from synaptics site . i also notice that i am not ably to use the multimedia buttons (on the right side ) any further help ??
Download the touchpad drivers from the Acer website and install them, the vista drivers will work just fine, though I think they may have some windows 7 drivers up now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #13
dreamkeeper

win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blowyrmind View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dreamkeeper View Post
hi i just have install win 7 ultimate 32bit . fist i got some problems using the scroll fuction but i solve it by downloading the touchpad drivers from synaptics site . i also notice that i am not ably to use the multimedia buttons (on the right side ) any further help ??
Download the touchpad drivers from the Acer website and install them, the vista drivers will work just fine, though I think they may have some windows 7 drivers up now


i try this at fist . i start the installation (setup.exe) i click next but when it start loading says '' install failed "
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jul 2010   #14
DavieB

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dreamkeeper View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blowyrmind View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dreamkeeper View Post
hi i just have install win 7 ultimate 32bit . fist i got some problems using the scroll fuction but i solve it by downloading the touchpad drivers from synaptics site . i also notice that i am not ably to use the multimedia buttons (on the right side ) any further help ??
Download the touchpad drivers from the Acer website and install them, the vista drivers will work just fine, though I think they may have some windows 7 drivers up now


i try this at fist . i start the installation (setup.exe) i click next but when it start loading says '' install failed "
This is what I get too, is there a fix to the problem? All I want is the scroll function!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Aug 2010   #15
joe777

Win 7 Ultimate 64
 
 

Hi
I have updated my 5920 to 4gb of ram and win7 ultimate 64. everything works great exscept the graphic driver if i install it and then restart my computer will freeze at the windows screen before the log-in.
Can anyone help? I tried just 2gb ram and its the same!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jun 2012   #16
slikyDog

I work on many machines.
 
 

I have an Acer Aspire 5630 running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits. I was able to get my touchpad scroll function working (but not the functions on the right side of the keyboard, yet).

Failed attempts:
I downloaded the Vista touchpad driver from the Acer website tried the setup program in the main diectory and the one in the WinWDF folder but they failed with the following message.
--> Error: Could not find OS specific setup program.
Also tried to run them in Vista compatible mode but that didn't work either. Then tried the driver from Synamptics website and reboot, that installed but the scroll function on the touchpad still didn't work. I uninstalled the Synamptics driver and was ready to give up.

Successful attempt:
I tried the setup program in the WinNT5 folder of the Vista touchpad driver from the acer webside, it launched and installed successfully, I rebooted and now I can scroll with the touchpad!

ran this --> Touchpad_Synaptics_v9.0.3.0_Vistax86\WinNT5\x86\setup.exe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Acer Aspire 5920 touchpad drivers?





Please note  Please note
        When your issue is fixed please remember to thank those that helped you and mark the thread as solved.
Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Synaptic touchpad can't kill "Tap to Click" - Acer Aspire 5741
I just had to replace the top cover, including touchpad, on an Acer 5741 running Windows 7 64 Home Premium. The cover appears identical to the old one, and everything works, but the symantics touchpad software doesn't recognize the touchpad as a touchpad; it shows as a "wheel mouse on PS/2...
Drivers
Acer 5920 help
In device manager, is a yellow "!" og 4 things under Other devices: Base System Device Base System Device Base System Device PCI Memory Controller help
Hardware & Devices
Wireless Button no longer works - Acer Aspire 5920
I apologise in advance if i irritate you but i litterally have no clue what is what when it comes to laptops. Ive had my Acer Aspire 5920 for a good few years now, it ran perfectly fine on vista for a good 3 years, not a hitch or care in the system. Then out of no where it goes missing for a...
Drivers
Acer Aspire 5920 Blue Media keys don't work?
I have inherited an old Acer Aspire 5920 Laptop. It originally came with windows Vista 32 bit installed. I've nuked that and installed Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. I managed to find all the relevant drivers and there is nothing flagged in device manager as having a problem. Everything appears to work...
Hardware & Devices
Windows 7 on Acer Aspire 5920?
hi, I already have the Win7 on my Dell M1530, but want to install it on my Acer Aspire 5920 which has ATI Mobility 3470. I need to know if ATI support Windows 7 and do they support laptops like Nvidia do? Thanks, :D Blessed One.
General Discussion
Acer Aspire 5920
I need a driver for my laptop so that the battery won't show red x and tells me to switch battery, even tough it's 100% Anyone knows about my problem?
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App