Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Ati x800 pro - too old?

29 Aug 2009   #1
sephirot

Windows 7 build 7100
 
 
Ati x800 pro - too old?

Hello

I have an Ati x800 pro and windows 7 build 7100. Now I have some dots all over my videos, i can't play videogames and the same dots are over my mouse's cursor.

here>> http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3885/errorudp.png

I have installed the driver from windowsupdate. Aero is off.

Is my graphic too old already or is it failling?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Aug 2009   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sephirot View Post
Hello

I have an Ati x800 pro and windows 7 build 7100. Now I have some dots all over my videos, i can't play videogames and the same dots are over my mouse's cursor.

here>> http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3885/errorudp.png

I have installed the driver from windowsupdate. Aero is off.

Is my graphic too old already or is it failling?
Probably your video driver. If you haben't could you fill out your system specs (lower left corner) so we know what kind of hardware you have?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #3
sephirot

Windows 7 build 7100
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Probably your video driver. If you haben't could you fill out your system specs (lower left corner) so we know what kind of hardware you have?

Ken
Done. But I can't install other driver and the one from windows update always did fine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Aug 2009   #4
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sephirot View Post
Done. But I can't install other driver and the one from windows update always did fine.
Ok

If you go into device manager (type device manager in search), find the video device, right click it and roll back the driver to the previous version that worked
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #5
sephirot

Windows 7 build 7100
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Ok

If you go into device manager (type device manager in search), find the video device, right click it and roll back the driver to the previous version that worked
There is no previous version that worked, because I've had this one ever. Plus, I formated the windows a few hours ago and it stills the same. And those dots also appears in some parts of bios, when the computer starts
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #6
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sephirot View Post
There is no previous version that worked, because I've had this one ever. Plus, I formated the windows a few hours ago and it stills the same. And those dots also appears in some parts of bios, when the computer starts
Sorry I misunderstood. If its a desktop carefully reseat the video card, and the monitor cable. If its a laptop, thats a whole other problem. Either case might want to upgrade bios. When/how did it start doing this? did you install something around that time?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #7
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sephirot View Post
And those dots also appears in some parts of bios, when the computer starts
If the same dots are appearing the BIOS as well, then it's not a software issue.

If you have a spare video cable, try swapping your current one. But I think you have some failing hardware. The card is most likely dying



Other alternatives:

Failing PSU, failing Motherboard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #8
sephirot

Windows 7 build 7100
 
 

well, I tried and old 9200 SE and the dots stop appearing (altough it can't render my 1440x990 resolution). So, it appears it's hardware problem

Those problems start appearing when I had some troubles with codecs, but I formatted and they still here, so I have to put that possibility away.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #9
smarteyeball

 
 

The BIOS is independent of any driver / software interference, so it's not your codecs.

I had an old TNT2 card that started showing those type of artefacts before it died completely. Add to the fact that you had no problems with another card, all signs do point to the x800 going south
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2009   #10
sephirot

Windows 7 build 7100
 
 

Damn. It looks that I have to buy a new AGP. Well, thank you all anyway
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Ati x800 pro - too old?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
No drivers for ATI x800?
Ive previously installed windows 7 when it was first released to the public. But it didn't work with my card. SO i continued to use windows vista. Now i was wondering if this latest version of windows 7 would support x800 series. I already posted my complaint about the old build HERE , now i...
Drivers
Possible problem with x800 pro
Hello! Windows 7 works fine on my computer but in the last few days, they started to appear some coloured points around the the menu buttons. It's better if I show you: Imageshack - capturarb.png They are in the close buttons of the windows too! It is possible that it is some kind of...
Graphic Cards
Windows 7- Ati x800 has no 1920by1080 and areo
On vista my areo works fine and my resolution (1920 by 1080) gets detected. But on windows 7 areo wont work and the resolution wont reach to 1920 by 1080. Even in the display settings. I updated the drivers and it detects the card. Is there any drivers for the X800 Ati Radeon?
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:18.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App