Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Nvidia GTS 450 fan malfunction

01 Nov 2012   #11
pyromana

Win 7 x64
 
 

Also the fan seems to be making some weird sound, as if it is trying to spin but can't. But I know I cleaned it out of dust.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Nov 2012   #12
Chalky Emultion

 

check your GPU temperature when it is at 50MHz..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2012   #13
AddRAM

Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64 Creators Update
 
 

Does it have a liftime warranty ? As some of my BFG`s do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Nov 2012   #14
pyromana

Win 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
check your GPU temperature when it is at 50MHz..
Okay actually when idle it is 50mhz but when running games it goes up to 405mhz. But regardless if the value, the fan does not spin! Please help, I really want to fix this problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Nov 2012   #15
Chalky Emultion

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pyromana View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
check your GPU temperature when it is at 50MHz..
Okay actually when idle it is 50mhz but when running games it goes up to 405mhz. But regardless if the value, the fan does not spin! Please help, I really want to fix this problem
when you play games, core clock should increase to 783 MHz (default GTS 450 core frequency)...

have you tried to re-install drivers?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2012   #16
pyromana

Win 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pyromana View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
check your GPU temperature when it is at 50MHz..
Okay actually when idle it is 50mhz but when running games it goes up to 405mhz. But regardless if the value, the fan does not spin! Please help, I really want to fix this problem
when you play games, core clock should increase to 783 MHz (default GTS 450 core frequency)...

have you tried to re-install drivers?
Lots of times. Even the latest ones. Oh yeah the gpu clock does go up to 783mhz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2012   #17
Chalky Emultion

 

...It's very strange.. When you tried MSI Afterburner, have you tried to set your GPU's fan speed to maximum to see if it can handle it?

I'm thinking the fan's engine has some issues..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2012   #18
beret21

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

can you post a pic of your card ?????
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2012   #19
pyromana

Win 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
...It's very strange.. When you tried MSI Afterburner, have you tried to set your GPU's fan speed to maximum to see if it can handle it?

I'm thinking the fan's engine has some issues..
Msi has no effect. EVGA precision works, but after sometime that stops too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Nvidia GTS 450 fan malfunction




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Hard drive malfunction? USB port malfunction? Or just normal?
I recently purchased an HP ProBook 450 G3. I am using two passport compact 1 TB drives with my laptop's two USB 3.0 ports. In normal use there is no problem. However, when I copy a lot of data from one to the other (or from one to the laptop's internal drive) the drives keep disconnecting. I know...
Hardware & Devices
Need help with scrolling malfunction
I have Win 7 Pro and my browser is FireFox v. 30 - lately when I use the scroll bar it goes out of control and wildly scrolls the pages rapidly up and down. Most of the time I can stop the unwanted action by repeatedly clicking on the scroll button. It is not a crisis situation but somewhat...
General Discussion
Driver Malfunction
I Had connected intex USB mouse,and the device driver is malfunctioning frequently,causing mouse stopped working. Tried driver update but its showing driver is up to date,help me find solution....
Drivers
Updating Malfunction
I recently had to rebuild my PC because I was unable to login into it in normal mode. It is not rebuilt, but it seems when I run updates it either freezes during the process or something. Last night, there were 113 updates that I waited for about an hour and a half to complete. The next batch there...
Installation & Setup
Intel i5 CPU Malfunction in 64-bit Win 7
Hello all, I just recently installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on my desktop computer. I had had 32-bit installed and working fine, but I decided to reformat and throw on 64-bit for increased performance. Unfortunately, when I finished reinstalling the OS and compatible drivers, I...
Drivers


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:47.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App