|16 Feb 2015||#1|
Displayport not detected in windows 7 - stopped working after 6 months
I just want' a clear answer if there is one.
How to make DisplayPort work on (OEM) Win 7 Pro/x64, HP Probook 6470b.
Here is the situation: I don't want 3 displays... heck I just want one to work via Displayport - it did for 5 months...
1. i needed external display (only DVI-D Monitor available) .
2. i got DisplayPort to DVI-D cable: DisplayPort hooked to DVI-D input of SamsungSyncmaster 245B worked great!
(up to 1920x1080: no problem: closed the lid an auto.got 1920x1080 on external monitor):
3. I took laptop and hooked it to TV: DisplayPort->HDMI: no problems...
4. One day it "decided" to stop working... and I don't think the DisplayPort is broken: something else is (according to all troubles people go through I would say I was very lucky to get away with this: e.i. getting the pisture from DisplayPort..) - in fact it's not broken: when tested on Ubuntu it works, so HW is ok.
5. I reinstalled intelHD 4000 drivers to new ones (v.dec2014) - even though the things worked with old one (v.jul2013), going to restore points,...
6. Tried...well almost all there is to be found on internet (where else?) - nothing works, though DisplayPort works with no problem on ubuntu (makes you think...doesn't it?)
7. Tried DisplayPort to VGA^ - vga monitor not even detected, nothing... as with dvi monitors, or hdmi (TV)
(^ which works perfectly (i'm "lucky" i guess) on other laptop (yes, hp proobook just year or two older than the one in question: with plain Intel HD (not hd4000) - same OS (win7 pro x64)
*I know it maybe older version of monitor. but hey... it works with ATI Radeon (5450hd from desktop pc): so: it's not monitor fault
** VGA out works ok all the time - but i cannot hook dvi monitor to it (and i don't want to!).
So it seams: Display Port is somehow not even in Win7 picture: like it's not there - but that's what driver's do, don't they? Or is there a super hidden switch in Windows to enable DisplayPort? (I don't see it...).
again: It's not HW: it works with Ubuntu (i'll keep saying that, so it's clear that it's windows/intel (later one?) thing: i don't think it's HPs error, really).
1. How to check if (maybe) DisplayPort doesn't work in wondows? And what to do?? - it works with Live ubuntu so it's not HW failure...
2. Is there a SIMPLE solution? "Simple EXE" to sort things out? (should be by now, or Intel & HP(?) just don't care?)
3. Would win 8.1 solve anything? - I'm not really eager to migrate because win7 is just ok it is: no need to chnage for now - waiting next Win OS (10?): so, planning to skip win8, as I did skip the vista failure (excuse my language - but let's be real: it was big fail)
4. Is there a separate DisplayPort driver? (if so: I did not found it on HP 6470b download page... - maybe (if there is one) it got corrupted?)
5. Is "active" adapter any good? - would that work? (eg. "BIZLINK Display Port DVI-D DualLink Adapter USB Powered Cable?") - but the "problem" is that I'm ok with 1920x1080 (don't need higher res. for now) - and I have a cable that works ok- tried on other laptop...
6. USB to DVI?.. yes i'm that desperate - does it work like plugging monitor to VGA/DisplayPort? - maybe odd question, but i'm not familiar with this adapters and really don't know what to expect? (does it go to 1920x1080?)
I'm so tired of hours spending reading: that I should even reprogram EDID on DVI monitor: come on.. but it would not change anything: since it does not get detected by DisplayPort - and monitor works with dvi signal from other PC...
Please, give me some feedback: I'm not re-installing OS because of this: it's.. plain stupid solution: and I'm not sure if it's going to work again anyway - or if, for how long?...
Long post I know: just please don't give me: reboot with all cables plugged in or go into safe mode..
Thank you: looking forward for possible solution...
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working
HI, I'VE INSTTALED WINDOWS 7 PROF.ON MY PC. I M TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS7ULTIMATE BY CLICKING ON SETUP.EXE AN ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING: THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL WINDOWS 8 ON MY PC.. BUT THE ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING SAME THING AND ALL OTHER SETUP IN THAT DRIVE ARE SAYING SAME...
Windows Update Not Working after months of being off
Hello there. I recently changed my settings for Windows Update, to let it check for updates, but now it always asks for a restart. I tried almost every solution, i don't know what to do, i need SP1 for SQL Server 2012 to work, but it's not installing. I even downloaded the update from microsoft's...
|Windows Updates & Activation|
BOTH my Usb hdd's have stopped working on windows 7
HI. I can use a usb pendrive, or a memory card reader in my usb. But both of my protable usb hard drives are not showing when plugged in. I have tried a usb 'Y' cable. but no good. Both drives work on my netbook..
|Hardware & Devices|
Error that has stopped me updating for 4 months!! HELP ME SP1 W7!!!
================================= Checking System Update Readiness. Binary Version 6.1.7601.21645 Package Version 13.0 2011-09-04 22:11 Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages
|Windows Updates & Activation|
External eSata drive stopped being detected
Hi, I'm a bit kind of desperate now. I purchased a 2TB Western Digital Sata drive (WD20EARS) and an enclosure with USB2 and eSata interface (independent power supply). Everything was ok for almost 2 months till today it just suddenly stopped being detected at all. I wasn't doing anything in...
|Hardware & Devices|
Microsoft: Windows 7 RC in 2 Months, RTM in as Early as 6 Months
:D Microsoft: Windows 7 RC in 2 Months, RTM in as Early as 6 Months - Official confirmation of RC and RTM deadlines - Softpedia
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:43.