Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: GTX 275 in sli

18 Nov 2009   #1
GORNONG

win 7
 
 
GTX 275 in sli

hope some 1 can help ok
im using a asus m4n82 deluxe motherboard and im running 2 gtx 275 in sli
the windows 7,64 bit install goes fine till i try and install the win7 64bit drivers they in stall fine then after reboot the screen goes black or it goes grey and wont let you select sli in nvida control panel or the screen goes black when you click on nvida control panel any help would be good thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Nov 2009   #2
torrentg

7600.20510 x86
 
 

First thing I think of when I read your problem is to check for a bios update and install, for the mainboard. Let us know if you did this and/or if it helped. We may have further suggestions if not. Good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2009   #3
GORNONG

win 7
 
 

ok will give that a try thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Nov 2009   #4
UKMedia

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit (SP 1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GORNONG View Post
hope some 1 can help ok
im using a asus m4n82 deluxe motherboard and im running 2 gtx 275 in sli
the windows 7,64 bit install goes fine till i try and install the win7 64bit drivers they in stall fine then after reboot the screen goes black or it goes grey and wont let you select sli in nvida control panel or the screen goes black when you click on nvida control panel any help would be good thanks

Hi

I had exactly the same issue with 2 x 285 and SLI. There are a number of threads within the forum with possible and I tried most of them but in the end gave up and removed one of the cards.

Regards
UKMedia
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2009   #5
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UKMedia View Post
I tried most of them but in the end gave up and removed one of the cards.
I assume you tried installing the drivers with a single card and then re-added the second one?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2009   #6
Zahl

windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

If you use hybrid sli you have to connect the monitor to the motherboard on-board video out. Its probably the reason you are not getting any picture. You can disable hybrid sli in the bios but I recommend you use it as it can save some good power and even improve performance.

If all looks good and it still seems like a windows problem, try this;

-Install a driver cleaner utility such as drivercleaner.net. This is a nice free one; Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com
-disable AV
-Uninstall all nVidia drivers through the windows control panel (physx too)
-restart and boot into safe mode (F8)
-run the cleaner and select nvidia cleaning only!
-restart
-disable AV
-Install the latest drivers from nvidia by right-clicking and running as an administrator. NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search
-restart
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2009   #7
GORNONG

win 7
 
 

updated the bios now but still haveing driver probs with cards starting to give me the ****s,some time will boot up ok then it goes to black screen again then have to keep rebooting till i get screen back and also if you click on nvidia control pannel it goes black and screen turns to standby mode
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2009   #8
UKMedia

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit (SP 1)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UKMedia View Post
I tried most of them but in the end gave up and removed one of the cards.
I assume you tried installing the drivers with a single card and then re-added the second one?

Yes, I tried that. The problem I had was after exiting BF2142, one of 2 things happened, either:
  • The resolution remained very low as set by the game, or
  • The background went black until rebooted.
As soon as I removed one card this was resolved.

Regards
UKMedia
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 GTX 275 in sli




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:03.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App