Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Just got my GTX 480

03 Jul 2010   #291
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sanvean View Post
LOL ( sorry Brink, I'm not laughing at you, but Airbot's response)
LOL, that's ok. I only hope that the backplate, when available, will not increase my temps.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Jul 2010   #292
XGUNTHERC

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sanvean View Post
LOL ( sorry Brink, I'm not laughing at you, but Airbot's response)
LOL, that's ok. I only hope that the backplate, when available, will not increase my temps.
lol, we'll I sure hope they don't.

I ordered a backplate but I'm not sure if it's shipped yet. I did it a long time ago. So maybe it will show up sometime soon. I have no need for it atm though cuz I'm on water.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #293
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hello Gunther,

Where did you order a backplate for the GTX 480 at? I didn't think that they were available yet. Only the high flow bracket so far.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Jul 2010   #294
JonM33

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Same thing in Firefox.

Attachment 80917
Sorry Brink, that's just funny. My Radeon HD 5850 only runs about 63-65C max while gaming.

NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470: 6 Months Late, Was It Worth the Wait? - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2010   #295
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hello Jon,

Yeah, these GTX 480's run hot. It doesn't help any that I have a overclocked version as well.

Mine seems to currently stay at 61C during everyday normal usage loads (not gaming).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2010   #296
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JonM33 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Same thing in Firefox.

Attachment 80917
Sorry Brink, that's just funny. My Radeon HD 5850 only runs about 63-65C max while gaming.

NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470: 6 Months Late, Was It Worth the Wait? - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
What those charts fail to set is a custom fan speed. My GTX470 sits at around 70C while gaming.

Guess your 480 just isn't liking this summer weather, Brink

Have you set a custom fan speed?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2010   #297
Brink

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hello Harry,

Yeah, I have the fan set to run at 65% all the time instead of the default 45% Auto mode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2010   #298
JonM33

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Jon,

Yeah, these GTX 480's run hot. It doesn't help any that I have a overclocked version as well.

Mine seems to currently stay at 61C during everyday normal usage loads (not gaming).
Ah, mine sits at a cool 36C.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
What those charts fail to set is a custom fan speed. My GTX470 sits at around 70C while gaming.

Guess your 480 just isn't liking this summer weather, Brink

Have you set a custom fan speed?
Oh, you can make it louder to get cooler, I am sure. My HD 5850 is completely inaudible while gaming.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2010   #299
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JonM33 View Post

Ah, mine sits at a cool 36C.

Pretty sure because we're using dual monitors. These fermis run a lot hotter because of the high idle clock speeds with dual monitors. It wouldn't be that hot with just one monitor.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2010   #300
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JonM33 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
What those charts fail to set is a custom fan speed. My GTX470 sits at around 70C while gaming.
Oh, you can make it louder to get cooler, I am sure. My HD 5850 is completely inaudible while gaming.
Not really that much louder. While I'm playing games, speakers turned on, can't hear my PC at all under my desk.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Just got my GTX 480




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:14.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App