Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 HP Graphic Card Problem

13 Jun 2010   #21
Lomai

Win7 HP (x64)/Win7 Ultimate (x64)
 
 

Hi alabam

During boot, you could try pressing the F11 key - I just re-read your initial post - sorry for the misunderstanding.

Regards


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Jun 2010   #22
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alabam View Post
I dont know what POST is.
Just some general info:

POST or P.O.S.T means Power On Self Test. When you turn your machine on, it displays your BIOS manufacturer, CPU, Memory, HDD's etc info prior to the Operating System loading.

However, sometimes - like your system for example - all this info is hidden by the 'splash screen' (the HP 'boot menu')

Basically it's the hardware talking to itself to check that everything is okay. When you see the HP logo, the machine is POSTing.

When somebody mentions pressing keys during POST, it's during this stage that you press the key/s.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #23
alabam

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lomai View Post
Hi alabam

During boot, you could try pressing the F11 key - I just re-read your initial post - sorry for the misunderstanding.

Regards
yes, but the problem is, it just dont works anymore, I cant have acess to the recovery system now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jun 2010   #24
alabam

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alabam View Post
I dont know what POST is.
Just some general info:

POST or P.O.S.T means Power On Self Test. When you turn your machine on, it displays your BIOS manufacturer, CPU, Memory, HDD's etc info prior to the Operating System loading.

However, sometimes - like your system for example - all this info is hidden by the 'splash screen' (the HP 'boot menu')

Basically it's the hardware talking to itself to check that everything is okay. When you see the HP logo, the machine is POSTing.

When somebody mentions pressing keys during POST, it's during this stage that you press the key/s.
ok thanks, now I know what it is.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #25
Lomai

Win7 HP (x64)/Win7 Ultimate (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alabam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lomai View Post
Hi alabam

During boot, you could try pressing the F11 key - I just re-read your initial post - sorry for the misunderstanding.

Regards
yes, but the problem is, it just dont works anymore, I cant have acess to the recovery system now.

Are you using the keyboard that came with your PC?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #26
alabam

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lomai View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alabam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lomai View Post
Hi alabam

During boot, you could try pressing the F11 key - I just re-read your initial post - sorry for the misunderstanding.

Regards
yes, but the problem is, it just dont works anymore, I cant have acess to the recovery system now.

Are you using the keyboard that came with your PC?
No, the original keyboard messed up one week later... Im using a Logitech one. But I used the recovery system a couple of times before that, its just dont working now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #27
Lomai

Win7 HP (x64)/Win7 Ultimate (x64)
 
 

Ok thanks.
Have you tried using the on-board video connection as opposed to your card, and checking whether you still get the same error?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #28
alabam

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lomai View Post
Ok thanks.
Have you tried using the on-board video connection as opposed to your card, and checking whether you still get the same error?
what do you mean? what is the on-board video conection?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #29
Lomai

Win7 HP (x64)/Win7 Ultimate (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alabam View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lomai View Post
Ok thanks.
Have you tried using the on-board video connection as opposed to your card, and checking whether you still get the same error?
what do you mean? what is the on-board video conection?
Hi alabam

Any chance you could upload a pic of the back of your tower?
We are trying to isolate if your video card has gone south.

Regards
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 HP Graphic Card Problem




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Graphic card problem Please help
Recently i was facing heavy frame rate drop down in games, as i have some experience with hardware i removed my graphic card (an nvidia 9400gt) and cleaned it. i saw that its fan stopped spinning and i cant see anything on my monitor. so my question is- is this card dead or is my fan is in trouble?
Graphic Cards
graphic card problem
hey guys, i downloaded nfs THE RUN i ran it it said that your garphic card software is 197 upgradee it to 301 i did the same my graphic card is NVIDIA geforce210 en silent. no it is coming 640*480 screen resolution which is very very badd and bigg. when i am trying to change the...
Graphic Cards
Problem with my Graphic card
hello, i need help with my graphic card setting. i have a Casper (window7 home basic 64bit ith 4gb of Ram)with 1 1gb og video memory but it said 65mb of video memory...then ım facing problem playing games like fifa and pes with the highest quality...that why i bought that computer :)..ıts a...
Graphic Cards
Problem with Graphic Card
Hey there, I’ve been having graphic issues for quite some time now. Here’s the problem; usually when I play games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, the game freezes and then the blue screen comes out. It happens to EA’s The Sims 3 as well; it flashes, freezes, artifacts and then the blue...
Graphic Cards
Windows 7 graphic card problem!!
hello everyone. i have a MSI notebook with Nvidia Geforce 8400M G. i recently installed windows 7 proffesional (final version, not RC or beta), and discovered a serious problem: it doesn't recognize my Graphic card. instead it claims i have a "Standard VGA graphic adapter" (in dxdiag,...
Graphic Cards
Graphic Card Problem
it shows that my graphic card is not detected and when i try to update the driver it shows that driver is up to date...how is that possible:huh:?
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:52.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App