Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Pentium SU2700 ULV processor

16 Aug 2010   #1
Codie

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, 6.1 build (7600)
 
 
Pentium SU2700 ULV processor

Right, I have a single core Pentium SU2700 ULV processor, 1.3Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache and 800 Mhz FSB. Socket P I believe.

I want to change it for the equivalent dual core version.

Can anybody pop me a link to the processor I need as I can't seem to find.

Thank you

PS: Or can I overclock the one I have?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
16 Aug 2010   #2
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Toshiba sells a model in the same series with an SU4100 CPU, which is dual core.

Whether it is practical to perform such an upgrade on your laptop, I don't know.

I assume that a laptop isn't easily overclockable, due to BIOS limitations, but yours may be different.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2010   #3
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Codie View Post
Right, I have a single core Pentium SU2700 ULV processor, 1.3Ghz, 2MB L2 Cache and 800 Mhz FSB. Socket P I believe.

I want to change it for the equivalent dual core version.

Can anybody pop me a link to the processor I need as I can't seem to find.

Thank you

PS: Or can I overclock the one I have?
You might check before if your processor is soldered to the motherboard...

I'm running the SU4100 CULV
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Aug 2010   #4
ken9122

Win7 x64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Laptop CPU upgrades a best left to professionals and almost never cost effective.
the mfg restricts overclocking for a reason. Limited cooling and power limitation being just a few of the reasons.
Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2010   #5
DeaconFrost

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
You might check before if your processor is soldered to the motherboard...
Yep, that's how it's been with any of these ULV procs I've seen. If you need/want something with more processing power, you shouldn't have bought the ULV line. You may be looking at a new laptop if you definitely need the increase in power.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2010   #6
Codie

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, 6.1 build (7600)
 
 

Thank you for the replies and advise guys, I wanted a laptop I could have the best of both worlds with IE: The battery life and unit size of a netbook but with enough power to deal with multiple things at once. I knew the processor werent great being a 1.3 single core but its helped by being a pentium I think rather than an Atom or like. Plus the 2M L2 cache. I had a choice between single core with 3GB DDR3 or dual core with 4GB DDR3 and I went with the single 3Gig.

Don't get me wrong it copes fine with everything I do, the only thing that I put down to the performance is that I copied some DVDs (as back up obviously) and when I tested them, a few froze in places which I put down to performance of the system. I did it on an LG external disc drive at 8X max for DVD burn

I know it won't be cheap to do so I may just leave it. I would check if it was soldered or not but I don't really wanna take my laptop apart to check.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2010   #7
ken9122

Win7 x64 Ultimate SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Codie View Post
Thank you for the replies and advise guys, I wanted a laptop I could have the best of both worlds with IE: The battery life and unit size of a netbook but with enough power to deal with multiple things at once. I knew the processor werent great being a 1.3 single core but its helped by being a pentium I think rather than an Atom or like. Plus the 2M L2 cache. I had a choice between single core with 3GB DDR3 or dual core with 4GB DDR3 and I went with the single 3Gig.

Don't get me wrong it copes fine with everything I do, the only thing that I put down to the performance is that I copied some DVDs (as back up obviously) and when I tested them, a few froze in places which I put down to performance of the system. I did it on an LG external disc drive at 8X max for DVD burn

I know it won't be cheap to do so I may just leave it. I would check if it was soldered or not but I don't really wanna take my laptop apart to check.
Smart move
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Pentium SU2700 ULV processor




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Recommend Desktop Board for Intel® Pentium® Processor E5200
Any body recommend me a desktop board for following processor:- Intel® Pentium® Processor E5200 (2M Cache, 2.50 GHz, 800 MHz FSB). Please prefer those board which easily available in any Indian E-commerce website.
Hardware & Devices
Can i install windows 8 with intel pentium processor ?
I have 'Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual Core E2200 2.20GHz' processor. Can i install windows 8 with this processor? I also wanted to know what is NX. Because when i had run windows upgrade assistant it showed me 'You can't install Windows 8.1 because your processor doesn't support NX.'
Installation & Setup
Upgrading processor from intel pentium dual core t2310 1.46 GHz...
I am trying to figure out what processor is compatible with my motherboard in my HP Pavilion dv6628us notebook. I've read the manual and looked on HP's PartSurfer. PartSurfer listed a number of them from 1.46 GHz to 2.4 GHz. I purchased an intel duo processor 2.4GHz that did not work. Now I'm...
Installation & Setup
Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80 GHz Processor Replacement Reccomendation
I am running Windows 7 Professional x86 (32bit) and i have a P5GC MX motherboard, my computer type is ATX, and i have a Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80 GHz Processor. I very much enjoy video gaming and I don't have much trouble with the games I really love (old ones) but it's getting annoying to have...
Hardware & Devices
How to overclock Pentium 4
Hello to you all :). I was wondering if anybody knows how to Overclock my Pentium 4 2.66GHz Processor under an Asus p5kpl-am SE Motherboard. Im using 1GB Kingston Ram Memory. Memory Type: DDR2, Speed 400MHz (DDR2 800). It supports 200.0 MHz, 266.7 MHz and 400MHz. Motherboard Always at 40ºC, and...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Pentium M 2.6Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, 80 GB
how will win 7 perform on such a platform, will it be slow, fine or excellent, on 1.6GHZ Core2 duo, 1GB RAM Dell Vostro, sometimes application (Word, Acrobat, IE, FF etc)takes time to open, even though windows only consumes 70-75% of memory
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App