Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ram 4GB 2GB only usable

19 Nov 2010   #1
abdoalrahman

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ram 4GB 2GB only usable

Hello
I am having a big problem with Windows 7 Ultimate x64

It uses only 2 GB of 4GB

These advantages of my computer

intle core i7 2.9 cach 8MB
ram 4 GB DDR 3 pass 1366
motherboard intel DH55TC
ati 5750HD 1 GB DDR5
HDD 500 GB

I tried several solutions to this problem did not show me any result, including

Run
msconfig
boot
advanced
max memory

This is another way Jrepetta did not change anything
memory ramp
Did not show any results because I did not find her in boot


Information
He says he use it in hardwere reserved
But I did not understand what is intended


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Nov 2010   #2
David Ben Yosef

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 RTM
 
 

Do you have two memory modules at 2 Gigs each? If so, try moving them around in the Dimm slots separately to make sure one module isn't bad, or one of the Dimm slots needs to be blown out with some compressed air. It could also just be a bad seat, so wiggle them a bit to see if that helps. You can even clean up the gold plated portion with a pencil eraser [old trick]. If none of that works, you may want to run MemTest86 to diagnose them.

Where are you seeing that only 2 Gigs is being used? Your system information?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2010   #3
abdoalrahman

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by David Ben Yosef View Post
Do you have two memory modules at 2 Gigs each? If so, try moving them around in the Dimm slots separately to make sure one module isn't bad, or one of the Dimm slots needs to be blown out with some compressed air. It could also just be a bad seat, so wiggle them a bit to see if that helps. You can even clean up the gold plated portion with a pencil eraser [old trick]. If none of that works, you may want to run MemTest86 to diagnose them.

Where are you seeing that only 2 Gigs is being used? Your system information?
i have 2 memory
i will try this way now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Nov 2010   #4
abdoalrahman

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

iam finish try this way
but did not change anything
ram is work
i think this proplem in windows
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2010   #5
HonorGamer

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Did you installed the RAM sticks in different DIMM slots, and not right next to each other?
Basicly 1 apart?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2010   #6
abdoalrahman

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HonorGamer View Post
Did you installed the RAM sticks in different DIMM slots, and not right next to each other?
Basicly 1 apart?
i did not understand you

but iam instald ram in slots 0 and 1 its a black slots
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2010   #7
HonorGamer

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Would you have a picture by any chance?

I mean most of the time you need to have the RAM installed on the DIMM slots not right next to each other, but 1 DIMM slot away.

So for example if you have 4 DIMM slots, then you install 2 RAM sticks in the DIMM slots 1 & 3.

You see what i mean now?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2010   #8
richnrockville

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1
 
 

I would take a look at the picture of your memory stick locations requirements at
Intel® Desktop Board DH55TC — Product guides for DH55TC

It shows the slots for 4 sticks. I believe each of your 2 gig sticks should be in the 0

you can take a look at the .pdf file showing the memory at page 37 of the doc.
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/1850...01_English.pdf

honorgamer put you in the ballpark on this.

Rich
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2010   #9
HonorGamer

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Thanks rich,

I was hoping I was able to explain it well enough.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Nov 2010   #10
abdoalrahman

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richnrockville View Post
I would take a look at the picture of your memory stick locations requirements at
Intel® Desktop Board DH55TC — Product guides for DH55TC

It shows the slots for 4 sticks. I believe each of your 2 gig sticks should be in the 0

you can take a look at the .pdf file showing the memory at page 37 of the doc.
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/1850...01_English.pdf

honorgamer put you in the ballpark on this.

Rich
sir
i instaled ram in a slot 0
but Still problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ram 4GB 2GB only usable




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Only 3 GB ram usable out of 4 GB - 64 bit windows 7 pro.
Hello everyone , I just performed a clean format & installed windows 7 pro. However only 3gb is usable out of the installed 4 GB. Ive also checked ms-config and it shopws1 GB of memory as 'reserved'. My boot-up shows my 2 sticks of 2 GB ram each working at dual-channel interleaved. ...
Hardware & Devices
Windows 7 64 usable ram 3Gb of 8Gb
Hey all I have a computer that has 8Gb of Ram but only using 3Gb of it. It's a NEC X8806 Powermate I haven't been about to find a bios update for it The image is the model of the motherboard which is a gigabyte board if someone could be me that would be great. The bios has no remapping...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, recognizes 4gb of ram, only 2.93gb usable.
So, here's my problem, this computer used to run Windows XP 32bit with 4gb of ram installed, 2.93gb usable was understandable then because it was 32bit, now i'm using 7 ultimate 64 bit and it still gives 2.93gb usable. http://i.imgur.com/SA9Ej.jpg <-- My resource manager, i added up all the ram...
Hardware & Devices
16GB DDR3 1866 installed. (7.97GB usable) 7 Ultimate
So, i'm using 7 ultimate, and I've recently installed16GB of G.skill DDR 1866 mhz memory (2 8GB sticks). I've gone into the BIOS and manually set the speed to 1866, and the system is only showing about half of it as "usable" So the first thing I checked was of course the ram itself. I've reseatted...
Hardware & Devices
12 of 16gig usable windows 7 ultimate
M5A99X EVO 990X This is my mobo Has most current updated Bio's says 12 of 16 gigs usable it's Corsair vengance ram 3x4gig any idea's on fixing and allowing all ram to be usable.
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25.
Twitter Facebook Google+