Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: rtl8187, wireless problem

01 Dec 2010   #11
simzy

windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kword88 View Post
try this marvell driver for vista. if it doesnt install, try it again in compatibility mode.

Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Driver Download - PC Pitstop Driver Library
did it , still nothing new, it's like this: i install and when it's done its like it doesn't exist anymore.. did a troubleshoot on the internet again and the problem found is: a network cable is not propperly plugged in or may be broken but thing is i've checked that 1000000 times today, and did it again... my wireless receiver is plugged in, its even attached!!

by the way, the RTL8187_wireless has now reappeard under device manager>other devices


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
01 Dec 2010   #12
kword88

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

try deleting (or uninstalling) all network cards from device manager that arent working, then restart and let windows reinstall them.

are you using a router with wireless security enabled? does your computer also have a wired LAN connection?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2010   #13
simzy

windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kword88 View Post
try deleting (or uninstalling) all network cards from device manager that arent working, then restart and let windows reinstall them.

are you using a router with wireless security enabled? does your computer also have a wired LAN connection?
i use something like this : Google Bilder-resultat for http://www.tech2.com/media/images/2007/Jul/img_10372_asus_wireless_draft_n.jpg only with 1 instead of 3 receivers!

so i am connected to my family's router using a wireless receiver..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Dec 2010   #14
kword88

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

so there is no other LAN port where you can connect a cable directly between your computer and the router?

have you tried unplugging the router for thirty seconds, then rebooting it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2010   #15
simzy

windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kword88 View Post
so there is no other LAN port where you can connect a cable directly between your computer and the router?

have you tried unplugging the router for thirty seconds, then rebooting it?
no cable in the world is long enough for me to connect directly to the router... and i know the prob is with win 7...cause i still have win vista and it works fine when i log on to that!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2010   #16
kword88

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

if you go to: control panel/network and internet/network and sharing. then click "change adapter settings" from the left hand menu, is your wireless adapter listed? if so, right-click its icon and check the settings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2010   #17
simzy

windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kword88 View Post
if you go to: control panel/network and internet/network and sharing. then click "change adapter settings" from the left hand menu, is your wireless adapter listed? if so, right-click its icon and check the settings.
The Marvell Yukon 88e8056 is listed but not the RTL8187
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2010   #18
Martin

7 Ultimate x64 RTM 7600.16385
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simzy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kword88 View Post
what version is your card? B? L? or SE?
that's my problem, because at first it stod only Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller under network adapters. and then after searching around it seemed to me as if that was the device built inside my computer, my network card. and then i found this RTL8187_wireless under unknown device along with another device simply called "unknown device"..... then i right-clicked on RTL8187 > and then i clicked update drivers and i had to search manually for drivers as i had no internet. i did so and chose the driver i had downloaded on my laptop and transferred to my stationary it did not work.. so i tried again but this time i pressed : let me pick from a list of devices instead. and only found the SE type on the list under network adapters. so i clicked on it and got a update driver, saying it was not recommended because windows cannot verify that it is compatible with my hardwar. i clicked yes and got a bluescreen. then i restarted my pc and now the SE type was shown under the device manager>network adapters page. and when i troubleshoot my internet connection now it says that "Realtek RTL8187SE 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN PCIE network has a driver problem" but im not sure if that is my type as it only appeared after i had clicked on it... i think it is that named "unknown device" under the unknown device page, i don't think windows can identify my inernet receiver

maybe you try the "B" or "L" version fo the driver, is this 32 or 64 bits?? I have that same chipset on my pc, nothing special to installed it, just grab the right driver from realtek site

Here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2010   #19
kword88

windows 7 ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simzy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kword88 View Post
if you go to: control panel/network and internet/network and sharing. then click "change adapter settings" from the left hand menu, is your wireless adapter listed? if so, right-click its icon and check the settings.
The Marvell Yukon 88e8056 is listed but not the RTL8187
and this is after uninstalling/restarting?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2010   #20
simzy

windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kword88 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simzy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kword88 View Post
if you go to: control panel/network and internet/network and sharing. then click "change adapter settings" from the left hand menu, is your wireless adapter listed? if so, right-click its icon and check the settings.
The Marvell Yukon 88e8056 is listed but not the RTL8187
and this is after uninstalling/restarting?
no, thought it would be a god idea to se what you said first i'll uninstall now!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 rtl8187, wireless problem




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
RTL8187 USB wifi antenna cannot connect to the internet
I have an acer x3400 desktop - no wifi card. I installed a 6db gain usb wifi antenna. Everything looks good but... I cannot connect to one of the local networks - It is WPA preshared key TKIP/AES The realtek wireless lan utility never gets an IP address despite excellent signal strength. I have...
Network & Sharing
Realtek RTL8187 driver
I wanted to install wifi driver but when i had installed it said that it just will not work. If anyone can help me??
Drivers
Wireless serious problem! pls help!
Hi All, I'm using a Asus computer. My wireless connection suddenly ceased working. I searched several threads in this forum and i tried everything i possibly could such as updating my wireless drivers, disabling my network and enabling back, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver etc. I...
Network & Sharing
REALTEK RTL8187 Wireless LAN Driver and Utility
Hi 2 all , Can any one help me to find " REALTEK RTL8187 Wireless LAN Driver and Utility " that supports win7-32bit , I wanna the Wireless LAN Utility + driver ... Can anyone help me please ????
Drivers
rtl8187 wireless
I read a lot of questions relating to the win 7 driver for rtl8187. Most of the responses were pure bunk. If you can't get this driver thru normal sources for whatever reason, upgrading to 7 from vista or xp, driver not supported or whatever. The simple solution is GO TO WINDOWS UPDATE there is an...
Drivers
Another W7 wireless problem
I just got my new computer with W7 Home Premium 64 bit the other day. It is a custom built computer. The wirless card is detecting the router because it shows me the signal strength but it wont connect. It keeps wanting me to reset the modem and the router but I know those are good because I am...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App