Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: open laptop display and something funny happens

31 Dec 2010   #21
Murd3rd

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

just to make things worse, haha, now with my laptop just sitting still wide open as im using it, the "usb" sounds keeping making the sounds like its plugging in and unplugging, repeatedly........is there anyway to disable that port if at all possible?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Dec 2010   #22
Hopalong X

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

Try going into Device Manager find the web cam device. I beleive a right click on it MAY give an option to Disable. Click disable.

If not right click the device then left click Properties. New window opens and one of the tabs will give you buttons to Update, Reinstall and hopefully Disable. Click Disable. Then there will probably be an Apply button to click.

This will hopefully disable the camera and driver and that USB port.....and the doorbell.
If not post back.
Mike
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #23
Murd3rd

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
Try going into Device Manager find the web cam device. I beleive a right click on it MAY give an option to Disable. Click disable.

If not right click the device then left click Properties. New window opens and one of the tabs will give you buttons to Update, Reinstall and hopefully Disable. Click Disable. Then there will probably be an Apply button to click.

This will hopefully disable the camera and driver and that USB port.....and the doorbell.
If not post back.
Mike

i tried that, but it still gives the usb plug-in/unplug noises
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Dec 2010   #24
Hopalong X

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

It may be one of the other USB ports acting up.

I'm not sure.

Need a can of Raid to chase out the Gremlins. LOL

I don't know what to do.
Mike

There is a way to turn "sounds" off. I forgot that. I'll look for the how. Be back in a few.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #25
Murd3rd

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
It may be one of the other USB ports acting up.

I'm not sure.

Need a can of Raid to chase out the Gremlins. LOL

I don't know what to do.
Mike

There is a way to turn "sounds" off. I forgot that. I'll look for the how. Be back in a few.

i think ive seen the sounds option before, but ill still have the notifications in the lower right of the screen when ever the usb unplugs itself and it says its unrecognized and then i have to click on it to make it go away
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #26
Hopalong X

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 

Type in Start search bar Sounds. Click Change System Sounds.

The picture below- one of the three in yellow circle maybe all three will need disabled.

Step1) Highlight one of them
Step2) Drop the curtain marked #2. Then select "None" it is at the top. Select and click apply. You can try it out. If you still get dings go to the second and the third. Click apply each time. No need to disable all three if one will do it.
Try one at a time until you find the right one if all 3 don't need disabled.
Not sure if one or all three or just two disabled.

Use the Snip tool of when you first open the below window and an after Snip saved it to pictures. That way you can put it back exactly as you started if it doesn't work now or later if needed to turn them back on.
Notification Baloons will still pop up if other hardware is disconnected.

Hope one of those does it!
Mike
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #27
Murd3rd

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
Type in Start search bar Sounds. Click Change System Sounds.

The picture below- one of the three in yellow circle maybe all three will need disabled.

Step1) Highlight one of them
Step2) Drop the curtain marked #2. Then select "None" it is at the top. Select and click apply. You can try it out. If you still get dings go to the second and the third. Click apply each time. No need to disable all three if one will do it.
Try one at a time until you find the right one if all 3 don't need disabled.
Not sure if one or all three or just two disabled.

Use the Snip tool of when you first open the below window and an after Snip saved it to pictures. That way you can put it back exactly as you started if it doesn't work now or later if needed to turn them back on.
Notification Baloons will still pop up if other hardware is disconnected.

Hope one of those does it!
Mike


thanks, i will try it out
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #28
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

You will probably have to find the cable for the web camera and unplug it or fix it if the detection problem keeps repeating. I've taken apart a couple of laptops and the wiring for the display usually snakes down between the hinges. The various plugs are usually under the keyboard. If you hunt around you can likely find instructions on how to get it apart without breaking it. Just keep track of the screws and where they came out of. On my Dell there were a couple that came out of the bottom that were a little longer than the rest and went in a specific location. Sometimes the screws are hidden under the rubber feet or the stickers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #29
Murd3rd

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
You will probably have to find the cable for the web camera and unplug it or fix it if the detection problem keeps repeating. I've taken apart a couple of laptops and the wiring for the display usually snakes down between the hinges. The various plugs are usually under the keyboard. If you hunt around you can likely find instructions on how to get it apart without breaking it. Just keep track of the screws and where they came out of. On my Dell there were a couple that came out of the bottom that were a little longer than the rest and went in a specific location. Sometimes the screws are hidden under the rubber feet or the stickers.

well i do know how to get to the webcam and unplug directly from there.....i just dont wanna disassemble the entire computer... will it stop if i just unplug it from the webcam itself but leave it intact at the mother board? and i did find a write up that shows step by step on the disassembly of my exact model but i just dont trust myself with little plastic things that are incorporated into this chunk of plastic...haha....i REALLY dont wanna break it, haha, its the only laptop i have thats worth a damn right now..i have a back-up but dont really want to have to resort to that one, lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Dec 2010   #30
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

All you can do is try it. I'd try the easiest method first. If you can find another way to turn off the constant detected, undetected endless cycle go for it. You could just leave it as is but I would think the endless cycle of detect undetected would impact the performance of the PC and maybe cause problems when you connect a new USB device.
I can understand you not wanting to make things worse by breaking something while taking it apart. I striped a dell laptop down to the bar bones and had more screws and parts than I could count. I had a good set of instructions and was careful not to mix up the screws as I took it apart. I wasn't able to fix it but I did get it back together and it was no worse of than when I started. An old Acer wasn't so lucky though. It was destined for the recycle bin anyway and all I wanted was the hard drive to recover some files. It looked like it fell of off a ten story building by the time I got done with it. The only thing left working was the hard drive. I couldn't find instructions and couldn't figure out where all the hidden fasteners were. It was non functional when I started and even more so when i was done.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 open laptop display and something funny happens




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to connect broken display laptop to another laptop
Good Evening Guys Do anybody have solution for my problem . I got my MSI laptop LCD broken this week, but system works fine . I too have ACER laptop with me .:p Msi has HDMI port on it but ACER doesn't have it just has VGA port. Can i use my ACER laptop for video output of MSI ?...
Graphic Cards
How do I display all currently open windows?
I've tried a search for this and couldn't find anything, but please re-direct me if this has been discussed elsewhere. Sometimes, while working on my PC, my display goes like this: (Ignore the content of the windows...) I don't know how or why it happens. It seems to happen after a...
General Discussion
Display of what web pages are open?
When I hover over minimized firefox windows displays a small picture of the tabs I have open in firefox....what is that and how do I turn it off? Additionally, how do I turn off the snap screen affect? When I move my window to the top of the screen it maximizes....hate it.
Browsers & Mail
Forcing applications to open on a second display?
Hello all. I was hoping someone could help me out with this problem. I have two displays. My first is 1680x1050, my second is 1920x1080. When I run an application, it always opens on my first. For some things this is a problem -- namely applications like Team Fortress 2 or XBMC, things which run...
General Discussion
funny display on my netbook
Hi Guys, I have been using Windows 7 on my Hp mini 2133 netbook foir a couple of months. Well i got infected by a ddos bot so I formatted my hardrive and reinstalled a new copy of windows 7. The only problem I have now is that everything is really big and not much fits on my screen. I have tried...
Graphic Cards
Extended My Laptop Display to other Laptop display?
I think this question is a kind of stupid (or not)....I am very curious to know how to connect a laptop display to another laptop display.... I have an old laptop and a new laptop with windows 7... I did some extended displays to other monitors....But any one have any idea about extending to a...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App