Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Choosing A Motherboard

09 Jun 2011   #31
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Looks like a solid choice Seeker. I like the 8 USB ports on the rear and the 3 USB headers on the board, one of which is USB3.0 for a case with those ports. A total of 14 USB ports possible!
The board comes bundled with front USB 3.0 panel, but I guess that would require modifying most cases to be able to use it.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Jun 2011   #32
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
I would trust the manufacturer's website rather than the likes of eBay, Amazon, Scan, Newegg, etc.

ASRock > Products > 890FX Deluxe4
Agreed. Actually, I have been looking at the ASRock website specs, but have been flicking back and forth too much and getting my eyes blurry.

I'm still comparing the Deluxe 4 model, to the Deluxe 5. They seem to be pretty much the same, with exceptions regarding the caps and some other functions that I'm still trying to sort out.
That, and the not too insignificant $145 price difference.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2011   #33
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
I would trust the manufacturer's website rather than the likes of eBay, Amazon, Scan, Newegg, etc.

ASRock > Products > 890FX Deluxe4
Agreed. Actually, I have been looking at the ASRock website specs, but have been flicking back and forth too much and getting my eyes blurry.

I'm still comparing the Deluxe 4 model, to the Deluxe 5. They seem to be pretty much the same, with exceptions regarding the caps and some other functions that I'm still trying to sort out.
That, and the not too insignificant $145 price difference.
You must have been looking at Amazon. There are some eBay offers for it at ~ $212 shipped, but even that is more than I really want to pay for it. Newegg has it for $179.99...too bad it is Newegg. Still, I think that when I have more time to look, I should find a price closer to that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Jun 2011   #34
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

I think that the reason for the price difference is because the Deluxe 4 is Phenom II X6 6-Core CPU Ready, while the Deluxe 5 Supports AM3+ Processor, 8-Core CPU. Either of them would support a Phenom II x6 1090T wouldn't they?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2011   #35
LiquidSnak

W7 Professional x64
 
 

ASRock is a sister company of ASUS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2011   #36
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
I think that the reason for the price difference is because the Deluxe 4 is Phenom II X6 6-Core CPU Ready, while the Deluxe 5 Supports AM3+ Processor, 8-Core CPU. Either of them would support a Phenom II x6 1090T wouldn't they?
Check each board's CPU compatibility list. The Deluxe 5 should support everything below Octocores.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2011   #37
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

LiquidSnak,

Good to know, but sisters don't always get along, and they don't necessarily travel in the same circles.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2011   #38
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
I think that the reason for the price difference is because the Deluxe 4 is Phenom II X6 6-Core CPU Ready, while the Deluxe 5 Supports AM3+ Processor, 8-Core CPU. Either of them would support a Phenom II x6 1090T wouldn't they?
Check each board's CPU compatibility list. The Deluxe 5 should support everything below Octocores.
The only compatibility list that I'm aware of is the QVL, and that only lists memory. There is this chart:

ASRock AMD8

But it is not all that specific
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2011   #39
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

I did find this list:

ASRock > Products > 890FX Deluxe4 > CPU Support List

But I find the number somewhat confusing, because they don't conform to the manner in which the processor was listed retail (HDT90ZFBGRBOX). Amazon's ad suggests this processor as an additional purchase with the motherboard, but then Amazon only cares about selling stuff.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Jun 2011   #40
essenbe

Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 10 Pro Insider
 
 

It does list AM3and AM3+ for the delux5 and only AM3 for the deluxe4.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Choosing A Motherboard




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
choosing a new gigabyte motherboard to replace current model?
would like to upgrade my current 7 yr old system. current MB is a gigabyte ex58 d54 so probably need something similar. will have an i7 4.2hz processor, ddr3 ram, twin monitors, already have an nvidia card. my printers etc are all usb 2 so usb 3 wont be an advantage b ut I know it is standard....
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
help choosing new motherboard
Hello I find it difficult choosing a motherboard on my own for some reason? anyway.... I need to replace my current motherboard:cry:, was thinking of just buying the same one or same series(apparently the 8 series is better?) but pricing is pretty much the same as the new 9th series gigabyte...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Upgrading Motherboard from Z77P-d3 and need advice choosing!
Hello all, I am upgrading my z77p-d3 motherboard as i was told it cannot my overclocked. i was recommended GA-Z68XP-UD3 but i cannot find one for sale anywhere. what is a good motherboard to go for? I dont mind paying a little more for a better board either. specs are 1155 intel 3770k GPU is...
Hardware & Devices
Need help choosing new motherboard
HP Pavilion p6600 Desktop PC series*-* HP Pavilion p6653w Desktop PC Product Specifications - c02479700 - HP Business Support Center this is my pc. The motherboard has gone out and after a lot of googling i have had a lot of trouble finding a replacement/upgrade i need a uATX that...
Hardware & Devices
Choosing budget Gaming motherboard
Hello, right now i'm aiming at the Asrock z77 extreme4 it has a nice 8+4 power phase, pci-e 3.0 support, pretty nice overclocking board. The question, is there a better opinion for a bit lower price? I won't use crossfire or sli, so it seems useless for me on this board so if there is a better...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App