Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: serious crash Gremlins in the works?

03 Aug 2011   #11
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

nice one thanks this is the first system restore since last installation.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Aug 2011   #12
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Hello, saw the call for help... I assume that you did not really already restore as you said in this last post? If not don't, not yet. IMHO, there are 2 possibilities here:

1. Notwithstanding ups, some hw got fried...
2. Hopefully not hw but your W7 update/authorisation/boot seq got fried.

The thing is... You need to try to be sure it is NOT option one before we try to fix option 2. If we don't things will only get worse.

So my next step would be to test all HW with a seperate, bootable instance of W7 on usb or cd or with a ubuntu disk.

Is that a possibility for you?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2011   #13
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Ps... If you desperately want to give W7 a try because your parallel linux install works fine on the hw... The next step there (as you don't seem to have install/repair discs) is
sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=c:\windows
That is sfc wih offline options and this example assumes your w7 boot disk/dir is C:...replace with correct letter if not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Aug 2011   #14
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

hi the problem occurred updating the kubuntu while i had power cut. since then i have got windows running ok and booting fine after a system restore dated of only a couple of days back just the sfc scan wont run . i have got rid of the kubuntu a few hours ago its on a separate ssd drive that will be easy to re-install later.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2011   #15
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

have a look at the video here (the starts a bit slow)


Attached Files
File Type: zip vid2.zip (41.6 KB, 5 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2011   #16
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by brianzion View Post
hi the problem occurred updating the kubuntu while i had power cut. since then i have got windows running ok and booting fine after a system restore dated of only a couple of days back just the sfc scan wont run . i have got rid of the kubuntu a few hours ago its on a separate ssd drive that will be easy to re-install later.
If windows is running fine... Why the sfc?

Anyway, the offline option in my ps post could still be worth a try if a normal sfc does not work because of re-install issues
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2011   #17
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by brianzion View Post
hi the problem occurred updating the kubuntu while i had power cut. since then i have got windows running ok and booting fine after a system restore dated of only a couple of days back just the sfc scan wont run . i have got rid of the kubuntu a few hours ago its on a separate ssd drive that will be easy to re-install later.
If windows is running fine... Why the sfc?

Anyway, the offline option in my ps post could still be worth a try if a normal sfc does not work because of re-install issues

its always good to do a sfc when you have crashes even if it appears to be running ok its not a problem i have come across before the sfc not working
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2011   #18
MvdB

Windows 7 64b Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by brianzion View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MvdB View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by brianzion View Post
hi the problem occurred updating the kubuntu while i had power cut. since then i have got windows running ok and booting fine after a system restore dated of only a couple of days back just the sfc scan wont run . i have got rid of the kubuntu a few hours ago its on a separate ssd drive that will be easy to re-install later.
If windows is running fine... Why the sfc?

Anyway, the offline option in my ps post could still be worth a try if a normal sfc does not work because of re-install issues

its always good to do a sfc when you have crashes even if it appears to be running ok its not a problem i have come across before the sfc not working
That's true... Have you tried th offline option?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2011   #19
brianzion

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 6.01.7600 SP1 (x64)
 
 

no no yet im running some tests at the moment and things and researching
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Aug 2011   #20
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by brianzion View Post
i have no win 7 disc it was bought installed the error i get "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"
Brian, you may see it : How to Fix "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service" Error When Running SFC in Windows 7 and Vista
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 serious crash Gremlins in the works?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
The joy of Windows Update: Gremlins in udfs.sys causing BSOD?
Long version: So, I started 2015 with this idea of having a nice fresh, newly updated windows computer on my desktop. After all, it had been nagging me for a while with that little annoying "Updates installed, need to reboot" box. You know the one you always press "later" on... So, I decided to...
BSOD Help and Support
Recent PC Build. CRASH...CRASH...CRASH
Okay guys, I'd love some help with some issues I am having. About two months ago I decided to start putting together parts to build my own rig(first time builder here) After scrounging around for a bit and getting the deals I liked I decided to put it all together and make my PC. Since then, Ive...
BSOD Help and Support
Crash on new PC Full Crash log zipped and included. Driver related?
So my new Cyberpower PC is crashing. I think it is a driver issue but this level of detail is beyond by "expertise" basic log below. Full diagnostic attached. Please let me know if additional information is needed. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS...
BSOD Help and Support
clean install, crash after win7 logo, works before.
hi and hello, this is the first time i meet something very...very.. VERY.. strange..problem, therefore i register me at this site after searching for three hours.. to find a soulution.. i bought a new setup, moved all old stuff to another empty computer case or what. the only i didnt moved to...
BSOD Help and Support
Laptop crash no response memory dump crash
My laptop, Packard Bell Easynote TM81, has been crashing and restarting by itself, and when it does, the ENTIRE system will not respond. So I try to format the entire thing, and after a few days, when I have gotten used to it, it comes up with a screen for 1 second, and all I could read was "system...
BSOD Help and Support
Audio works, then stops then works again
Hi all Quick question if i may, this is really baffling me. I have onboard sound on my xfx 750i mobo. ( realtek, i believe) i have installed the latest drivers and for some reason i have this strange problem. If i have my speakers plugged in the back of the PC. the sound is really good. Good...
Sound & Audio


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App