Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Show us your SSD performance

15 Jun 2011   #1761
GeneO

Windows 10 Pro. EFI boot partition, full EFI boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Good scores GeneO. Looks like it is so fast it broke AS SSD.
Yeah, just for information the m4 is capable of much better performance - I am just limited by the Marvell 9123 controller on my board. I am happy but the m4 can do much better on a Marvell 9128 and much better still on a Sandybridge native 6Gb/s SATA port.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
15 Jun 2011   #1762
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GeneO View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Good scores GeneO. Looks like it is so fast it broke AS SSD.
Yeah, just for information the m4 is capable of much better performance - I am just limited by the Marvell 9123 controller on my board. I am happy but the m4 can do much better on a Marvell 9128 and much better still on a Sandybridge native 6Gb/s SATA port.
Do I hear thoughts of a new Sandy Bridge Rig?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2011   #1763
GeneO

Windows 10 Pro. EFI boot partition, full EFI boot
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GeneO View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Good scores GeneO. Looks like it is so fast it broke AS SSD.
Yeah, just for information the m4 is capable of much better performance - I am just limited by the Marvell 9123 controller on my board. I am happy but the m4 can do much better on a Marvell 9128 and much better still on a Sandybridge native 6Gb/s SATA port.
Do I hear thoughts of a new Sandy Bridge Rig?
I wish. I really am quite happy for a while though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 Jun 2011   #1764
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GeneO View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GeneO View Post

Yeah, just for information the m4 is capable of much better performance - I am just limited by the Marvell 9123 controller on my board. I am happy but the m4 can do much better on a Marvell 9128 and much better still on a Sandybridge native 6Gb/s SATA port.
Do I hear thoughts of a new Sandy Bridge Rig?
I wish. I really am quite happy for a while though.
Consider yourself fortunate. I wish I could be that way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2011   #1765
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Anyone got a OCZ Agility 3 or OCZ Solid yet? Looking to get a new 120gb ssd in the next few months and these seem to have some amazing figures on paper , just wandered how they stacked up in reality.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2011   #1766
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Anyone got a OCZ Agility 3 or OCZ Solid yet? Looking to get a new 120gb ssd in the next few months and these seem to have some amazing figures on paper , just wandered how they stacked up in reality.
Anand Tech has some Agility 3 benches on their SSD Bench.

AnandTech - Bench - SSD

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2011   #1767
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

I use to post that link before, they are either 'working on it' or it's got problems.

They have an Intel X25 160GB listed for $20, would like to find out where you get that

In the Storage Bench> Heavy Work Load section the read and write numbers are mixed up.

It use to be a good reference, then it wasn't updated for a long time, now it has a lot of inaccurate information.
Unless you can spot the errors, I'd stay away. You might get wrong infomation.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2011   #1768
Hopalong X

Windows7 Pro 64bit SP-1; Windows XP Pro 32bit
 
 
Update June 17th

SSD Write Endurance 25nm Vs 34nm - Page 16

Post #438 and #439

Kingston SSDNow 40GB- Intel 25 rebrand
85.78 TB writes
MWI-52%
RaS-6

Intel 320 40GB
113.5 TB writes.
MWI- 41%
RaS-5
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2011   #1769
essenbe

Windows 7 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Enterprise X64/Windows 10 Pro X64/Linux Mint
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Hopalong X View Post
SSD Write Endurance 25nm Vs 34nm - Page 16

Post #438 and #439

Kingston SSDNow 40GB- Intel 25 rebrand
85.78 TB writes
MWI-52%
RaS-6

Intel 320 40GB
113.5 TB writes.
MWI- 41%
RaS-5
That is unbelievable. I would have never believed an SSD could survive something like that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2011   #1770
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Very good data Mike. That only confirms what I keep telling people that they should not be afraid of the write operations. There are too many sagas around about the sensitivity of SSDs when it comes to writes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Show us your SSD performance




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Show us your hard drive performance
I thought it would be interesting to compare everyones hard drive performances with screenshots from HD Tune utility (get from HD Tune). Maybe after some time we could produce a results table. So heres mine: Im going to show you the single WD Raptor X results first for interest: ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your SSD performance 2
Continued from: https://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/18229-show-us-your-ssd-performance.html Benchmark Program Links: AS SSD Benchmark OR AS SSD Benchmark Download - Softpedia
Hardware & Devices
SSD show low performance
I bought a Samsung 840 EVO120Gb which is showing a very disappointing performance. My system is the following: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Asus P7P55 WS GSkill 12gb Intel i5 760 2.8Ghz 4x Nvidia Quadro NVS 290
Performance & Maintenance
HDDs Show in BIOS, But Do Not Show in Disk Management
Hello, A newbie here that just completed a first-time new Win7 PC build. Successful installation of Win7 Pro on WD 600GB 10000 system drive. Went back and installed 4 additional HDD. (2) WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM and (2) WD Caviar 7200 500GB HDD from XP system that were used for storage. ...
Hardware & Devices
Show us your Mechanical HDD performance...
Since the SSD boys and girls have a "Show us your SSD Performance" thread, I thought I'd start one for us mechanical HDD owners. Simply DL, install, and run HD Tune and post screenshots of results here in this thread. Please also tell us the Make and Model of your HDD(s) and any other specs you...
Hardware & Devices
show hidden folders show file extensions thru registry
I am trying to setup a default user or machine setup for how win7 handles folder view options. I want show hidden folders to be set to on for all users and the hide extensions for know file types to be unchecked or turned off ffor all users (so extensions show) I have located them in the registry...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:33.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App