Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: computer expert help required

30 Aug 2009   #1
Gilly

 
computer expert help required

i recently just bought new motherboard asus m3a76-cm
overclocked my cpu got bsod when logged on then it rebooted and now the bios page is fine and the loading screen is a stable picture (i have vista loading screen) but soon as it boot it to windows the picture goes crazy flicking like terrible and the picture was like scrolling down the screen like it was a slide show . so i thought it must be my video card but still crazy picture even when i take video card out now im getting really worried.. i go to the safe mode option page but still crazy moving verticaly moving screen .. so i try to load up a vista boot cd to see if thats the problem but it lets me load the windows files and the screen is perfectly still but then it goes crazy once loading is finished...so i try with a different motherboard ,and still having same problem ,,,is the cpu f~~~ed? or hardrive

im gutted i overclocked it to my preference ,,but i had to go back to push it further ,,now i feel like **** because i really need this computer now


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Aug 2009   #2
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
i recently just bought new motherboard asus m3a76-cm
overclocked my cpu got bsod when logged on then it rebooted and now the bios page is fine and the loading screen is a stable picture (i have vista loading screen) but soon as it boot it to windows the picture goes crazy flicking like terrible and the picture was like scrolling down the screen like it was a slide show . so i thought it must be my video card but still crazy picture even when i take video card out now im getting really worried.. i go to the safe mode option page but still crazy moving verticaly moving screen .. so i try to load up a vista boot cd to see if thats the problem but it lets me load the windows files and the screen is perfectly still but then it goes crazy once loading is finished...so i try with a different motherboard ,and still having same problem ,,,is the cpu f~~~ed? or hardrive
Id bet its the graphic card driver. GO to acer get the correct driver for your system, boot in safe mode and install the driver

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #3
Gilly

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Id bet its the graphic card driver. GO to acer get the correct driver for your system, boot in safe mode and install the driver

Ken
but i cant even see my screen its moving that fast and it started doing this after i got bsod after a failed overclock ill try ,but thank god i havent got epilipse because id kill myself by looking at the screen


edit ....ive just tried login on but its impossible to navigate
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Aug 2009   #4
Antman

 

In spite of your horrible grammar, I am trying to read this.

Are you saying that the menu where you select Safe Mode or Normal Boot is also behaving strangely.

A simple yes or no, please.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #5
Gilly

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
In spite of your horrible grammar, I am trying to read this.

Are you saying that the menu where you select Safe Mode or Normal Boot is also behaving strangely.

A simple yes or no, please.
yes ,just the bios page and operating system loading page are the only things that have stable picture..

i did alot of manual reboots before this aswell. Do you think i could've damage HDD?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #6
Gilly

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
yes ,just the bios page and operating system loading page are the only things that have stable picture..

i did alot of manual reboots before this aswell. Do you think i could've damage HDD?
i fixed it ,,seriously i was nearly having panic attack lol

i just plugged the power cord out of my hdtv then plugged it in again ,and now its working ,,woooooooooohhhhoooo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #7
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
but i cant even see my screen its moving that fast and it started doing this after i got bsod after a failed overclock ill try ,but thank god i havent got epilipse because id kill myself by looking at the screen


edit ....ive just tried login on but its impossible to navigate
Can you boot into BIOS to change the OC back to default?

Ken.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #8
Antman

 

All of your BIOS settings are set to Auto or Normal or Default?

If yes, you may have damaged something.

You also seem to have said that you tried a different mobo and get similar results.

Did you use the same CPU on both mobos, or just the same HDD, or both the CPU and HDD?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #9
Antman

 

In that case, never mind.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2009   #10
chuckr

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
i fixed it ,,

i just plugged the power cord out of my hdtv then plugged it in again ,and now its working ,,woooooooooohhhhoooo
Tutorial for Power Users, and above ???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 computer expert help required




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
How to become a computer hardware expert/technician?
Hello guys, I'm a computer software engineer and have some good skills on that area of computer world. But my knowledge about the hardware of the computer is poor. I guess best thing for start to be familiar with hardware is to knowing the CPUs and Graphic cards and like those. I'd like to...
Hardware & Devices
How do I become an expert in Windows?
Hi Although I'm specializing in Computer Science I sometimes come to problems that I can't solve in Windows and many times people ask me question about windows that I can't answer. Now I decided to become expert in Windows Vista, 7 and 8. What should I do? Are there any books recommended?...
General Discussion
Please guy, I'm beg for someone expert in computer PLEASE help me ..
Heres my problem guy...please spend up some minutes to help me sir..this problems really frustrated. When i play Computer games like CS,DOTA2 (Mostly this problem occur in when playing Dota2), sometime i suddenly get a black screen for about 5 seconds and then the screen recovers. Sometimes it...
Drivers
Need expert for difficult computer problem - random crash/lockups
I've been building PCs for my personal use for almost 20 years, and my latest HTPC I built about 8 months ago. It's fairly basic, a Gigabyte motherboard with 8GB RAM (2 sticks), a Sandy Bridge i3, a BD drive, and a RAID card with 3 attached HDs in a case with an Antec Earthwatts 380W PSU. It ran...
BSOD Help and Support
New Computer. Could use your expert help. BSOD frequently
I just built this computer up about a month ago. I have had nothing but bsod's. I haven't messed with the overclocking in any way. The bsod's happen just doing easy task. I usually have multiple browsers and multiple programs running when it happens but I don't think it should be taxing it at...
BSOD Help and Support
Expert Knowledge Required - Updating GPUs?
Sorry, the title should read "upgrading" If my graphics card fails, and I have to send it of to Sony, if it's the actual chip that is at fault, would they just replace the chip, or the whole card, and if it is one or the other, can it be replaced with something else?
Graphic Cards


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App