Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Inserting any USB object, causes Windows to freeze up.

07 Sep 2009   #21
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Damn...looks like it might be Intel's fault after all


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
07 Sep 2009   #22
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Was beginning to think that myself, as I believe everyone who is experiencing this issue has an Intel Chipset/CPU.. unless I missed a person.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2009   #23
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
Was beginning to think that myself, as I believe everyone who is experiencing this issue has an Intel Chipset/CPU.. unless I missed a person.
actually yes you missed me...


you should be able to stop this from happening by disabling any power management on the Root hubs and other usb that uses such thing....

it not only applies to Intel but to amd as well as i experienced this too (all the way from build 7000...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Sep 2009   #24
chuckr

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
Its happened on multiple installs, two different ISO sources (original was torrented, the one I use now is directly from TechNet).
Checksum checked, of course....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2009   #25
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darkassain View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
Was beginning to think that myself, as I believe everyone who is experiencing this issue has an Intel Chipset/CPU.. unless I missed a person.
actually yes you missed me...


you should be able to stop this from happening by disabling any power management on the Root hubs and other usb that uses such thing....

it not only applies to Intel but to amd as well as i experienced this too (all the way from build 7000...
Huh.. I never had this problem in anything before RTM. I'll check the power management thingy and get back to you.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chuckr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
Its happened on multiple installs, two different ISO sources (original was torrented, the one I use now is directly from TechNet).
Checksum checked, of course....
Sure, why not lol.

The first one I trusted because another friend gave it to me, he/she was running it as a primary (re-arms). I figured those problems were just because it was tampered with.

The TechNet one I got from a good friend who decided to burn me a copy of it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2009   #26
chuckr

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
The TechNet one I got from a good friend who decided to burn me a copy of it.
Checksum checked, of course....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2009   #27
darien

Windows 7
 
 

I'am having the problem with an non-intel chipset/cpu. And the problem occurs only in RTM, not in RC. Power management thign with usb hubs didn't work, had go back to Vista
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2009   #28
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chuckr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGundam View Post
The TechNet one I got from a good friend who decided to burn me a copy of it.
Checksum checked, of course....
Uh lets take this one to PM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2009   #29
TGSoldier

 
 

You tried the latest set of Intel Chipset drivers for Windows that released yesterday?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2009   #30
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TGSoldier View Post
You tried the latest set of Intel Chipset drivers for Windows that released yesterday?
Installed them a bit earlier. I'll let you know if I have the problem still.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Inserting any USB object, causes Windows to freeze up.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Please help me Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Tube_Detonator.Main.Updated() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
General Discussion
Inserting a blank line in Windows 7 Excel
Finally got Windows 7 and when I started working on an excel spreadsheet, I found my tried and true Alt+I then R no longer works to insert a row. any idea if another letter will do it. After entering the R it moves me to the next tab. any help is appreciated. Thx. CB
Microsoft Office
How to re-create the special object in User Profile of Windows 7???
howdy all, :D i'd much appreciate any kind advice regarding this very small but not-easy-to-solve tech issue as follows: well... there is a number of similar objects of every User Profile of Win7 like Recent, PrintHood, NetHood, SendTo, etc - always living in 'C:\Users\.... user name....\'...
General Discussion
PC gets Shutdown on Inserting DVD
Whenever i insert a DVD into my DVD drive, my system gets shutdown and reboots.And after rebooting it shuts down again.Unless i eject the DVD, my PC wont come to normal state. In Short, When DVD Drive reads the DVD, system gets shutdown. Please help me to resolve this problem cos i cant even...
Hardware & Devices
Pc freeze during game then windows freeze at bootscreen
Hi friends, I was playing starcraft II today and for no reason my computer freezes up. After hitting the reset button it freezes up again at windows logo screen. Now im unable to boot any avg rescue, windows repair, recovery or installation always freezes up when loading files. Safe mode dont...
BSOD Help and Support
Inserting Blu-Ray disk may freeze Windows 7
An update that took place in December 2009 may cause Windows 7 to lock up when a Blu-ray disc is inserted into the BD-R drive. Inserting Blu-ray Disks May Freeze Windows 7 - Tom's Hardware
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App