Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Keyboard always stops working

06 Feb 2014   #51
spacecon

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dominykas View Post
and it would be only a dream... **** it. and what's the funniest thing that my keyboard's lights are on, but i still cant write with it because it doesn't work... and it's time for a new MB i think then...
Dominykas, you got me thinking with this...Sounds like you are using some special gaming keyboard. Keyboards don't typically take a lot of power, but I don't know about gaming keyboards....How about check the power usage on your ports to see if perhaps your devices are using more than available. This article tells you how to check the power for your USB hubs. Or if something is shorting out you can see that also.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Feb 2014   #52
Dominykas

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spacecon View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dominykas View Post
and it would be only a dream... **** it. and what's the funniest thing that my keyboard's lights are on, but i still cant write with it because it doesn't work... and it's time for a new MB i think then...
Dominykas, you got me thinking with this...Sounds like you are using some special gaming keyboard. Keyboards don't typically take a lot of power, but I don't know about gaming keyboards....How about check the power usage on your ports to see if perhaps your devices are using more than available. This article tells you how to check the power for your USB hubs. Or if something is shorting out you can see that also.
it's not a gaming keyboard, and, talking about not enough power or something, so how can it be if i havent changed anything on this computer, its the same as that time when i bought it, so how can something be changed?? everything is the same, im telling you, it happens always to me and i don't know why. it seems God is doing that for me... mouse works, everything works, but NO, keyboard doesn't, **** it... and, while playing games, it works almost perfectly, how I wrote, only one time it disconnected magically... I don't know what to do else.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Feb 2014   #53
Dominykas

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

btw, as I see now, on generic usb hub, it shows that mouse and wi fi adapter are connected and how much power they use, but it didn't show anything about keyboard. Can it be the problem?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Feb 2014   #54
spacecon

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

You probably have more than one usb hub. For EACH hub, check how much power it says is available, and for each device, how much is required. For example, if you have 3 USB hubs, check all 3. The sum of the device power required for each hub must be less than the available power. For example, if it says power available is 500ma, and one device on the hub uses 200ma and the other uses 200ma, that is OK. A lot of times the type of device is not listed as expected, but it should show up as something. for example, it may not say keyboard, it might say "unknown usb device" or HID device, or something else, but it should show up as something.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2014   #55
Dominykas

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spacecon View Post
You probably have more than one usb hub. For EACH hub, check how much power it says is available, and for each device, how much is required. For example, if you have 3 USB hubs, check all 3. The sum of the device power required for each hub must be less than the available power. For example, if it says power available is 500ma, and one device on the hub uses 200ma and the other uses 200ma, that is OK. A lot of times the type of device is not listed as expected, but it should show up as something. for example, it may not say keyboard, it might say "unknown usb device" or HID device, or something else, but it should show up as something.
i checked all hubs, and there is no keyboard. last time mouse and wi fi adapter was on one hub, and now only adapter is, and i cant see mouse like keyboard anywhere, but it works, of course not a keyboard. and i dont get it. while im playing games, my keyboard always works, but while im not doing anything or surfing internet, it stops working and doesnt come back. im really tired of this...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2014   #56
spacecon

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dominykas View Post
[i checked all hubs, and there is no keyboard. last time mouse and wi fi adapter was on one hub, and now only adapter is, and i cant see mouse like keyboard anywhere, but it works, of course not a keyboard. and i dont get it. while im playing games, my keyboard always works, but while im not doing anything or surfing internet, it stops working and doesnt come back. im really tired of this...
Well, that is the first time you have said that it stops working after sitting there. I thought it just went out while you were using it. So it is probably going to sleep when not being used. Try doing this to ALL of your USB hubs in device manager: In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", for each USB hub, double click it, then click on the tab that says Power Management, then uncheck the box that says "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Perhaps that will solve the problem.

As for why all your devices don't show up, I don't know why that would be. But see if changing the power sleep works.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2014   #57
Dominykas

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spacecon View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dominykas View Post
[i checked all hubs, and there is no keyboard. last time mouse and wi fi adapter was on one hub, and now only adapter is, and i cant see mouse like keyboard anywhere, but it works, of course not a keyboard. and i dont get it. while im playing games, my keyboard always works, but while im not doing anything or surfing internet, it stops working and doesnt come back. im really tired of this...
Well, that is the first time you have said that it stops working after sitting there. I thought it just went out while you were using it. So it is probably going to sleep when not being used. Try doing this to ALL of your USB hubs in device manager: In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", for each USB hub, double click it, then click on the tab that says Power Management, then uncheck the box that says "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Perhaps that will solve the problem.

As for why all your devices don't show up, I don't know why that would be. But see if changing the power sleep works.
I already did that with power many times before, but it didn't help me. As i wrote, I don't know why, but while im playing games, keyboard always works, but when not really, it stops working, and when it does that, it doesn't come back till i go to play a game, it's quite weird...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2014   #58
spacecon

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 
did you ever try a different mouse

Did you ever try a different mouse or see if the keyboard problem goes away when your mouse is not connected?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2014   #59
maxie

windows 7 home 64bit
 
 

Keyboard does not work in PS2 Port either
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2014   #60
Dominykas

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by spacecon View Post
Did you ever try a different mouse or see if the keyboard problem goes away when your mouse is not connected?
I tried without mouse, and it didn't work, or maybe i did something wrong. First I unplugged all usb devices, then I shutted down pc, plugged keyboard and turned pc on again. On windows, it showed that drivers are being installed and when it finished, message didn't disappeared and when I clicked many times on windows button, nothing happened, or maybe it was because of a message that didn't disappeared, I don't know... Anyway I think it's useless to look for solution for my problem, I tried everything and nothing helped me... Maybe it's time to buy a new MB, I don't know...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Keyboard always stops working




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Keyboard stops working.
Hello everyone, I've been having a problem that began on December 9th, 2016. My keyboard, seemingly at random, stops working. The green indicator light that it's powered stays on but the buttons will not respond. I'm using Windows 7 x64. I've tried various options and none have worked. -...
Hardware & Devices
Mouse and keyboard stops working
I was upgrading my avast free antivirus to pro antivirus then it asked for a restart when i restarted it the mouse and keyboard stops working. please help!!
Hardware & Devices
Keyboard randomly stops working
So i have windows ultimate 32 bit, and i noticed this problem. My keyboard randomly, doesnt matter what im doing, stops working. All i hear is a beep and then the keyboard is frozen. Sometimes i can go into on-screen keyboard and press a few buttons and my keyboard will unfreeze, but sometimes i...
Hardware & Devices
Keyboard randomly stops working.
Hi thelastbonbona, It may not be an issue with the keyboard at all. You may try using a good-known keyboard with the system, if available; will help you to isolate the keyboard as the possible root cause. Alternatively, you may use this keyboard with another system to see if the issue...
General Discussion
Notebook keyboard stops working sometimes
hey all, in past I did have this problem with Windows 7, and now that I came back (was on XP Sp3), they annoying me again. I have a DELL Vostro 1510. Sometimes, after I turn on the computer and it loads my desktop, the keyboard doesn't work. The weird thing is that the media keys are working...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:31.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App