Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HP Photosmart 8400

28 Oct 2009   #1
joed

windows 7
 
 
HP Photosmart 8400

I am now a proud owner of windows seven and a HP Photosmart 8400 that HP chooses not to make drivers for. Any suggestions?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Oct 2009   #2
pbcopter

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
 
 

While you are in the Add printer Wizard, select Windows update. It will take upwards of 10 minutes for an updated list to appear. During this time the window will appear frozen, it is not. There is a driver for HP 8400 series.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Oct 2009   #3
joed

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pbcopter View Post
While you are in the Add printer Wizard, select Windows update. It will take upwards of 10 minutes for an updated list to appear. During this time the window will appear frozen, it is not. There is a driver for HP 8400 series.
Thanks for responding.

I did this and still no response. I get a printer icon with an exclamation saying there is a problem I ran the troubleshoot and still not recognizing the printer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Oct 2009   #4
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

I'm not sure what the problem might be. I have a similar situation (Photosmart 8250), and I had no trouble getting the drivers from Windows Update.

You could try downloading them manually, from:

Microsoft Update Catalog

The latest drivers I see there are from June of 2009. What you get is a .cab file. The archive can be extracted with 7zip (freeware, open source). There's no setup.exe, so you'd probably have to right-click the .inf and "install". (I admit I've never done this under Windows 7.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2009   #5
Adrian

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by joed View Post
I am now a proud owner of windows seven and a HP Photosmart 8400 that HP chooses not to make drivers for. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the Windows 7 support forum.
Please perform the following before we can proceed to provide support for the following issue: Printer failure.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2009   #6
Adrian

 
Insallation failure

Windows 7 has not been provided the updated driver list from HP:
Your issue is know to us and we will assist in installing the printer.
The cause of the printer failure is that Windows 7 failed to recognise and provide the correct drivers. This is not the fault of OS but that HP has been slow to rollout the driver support.

You now have a partial installation.
  1. Remove all HP software and drivers.
  2. Disconnect your printer before going any further.
  3. Follow this link and download the needed driver/software. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...submit=Go%20»
  4. Shutdown your system and reboot.
  5. Install the driver
  6. Connect the printer, since this is a USB connection Windows will have the driver and install it.
Report back with the outcome.

Regards,
Adrian
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2009   #7
joed

windows 7
 
 

Adrian,

I have a Dell laptop inspiron 1720. Original OS was Windows Vista. The printer is a HP Photosmart 8450.
This printer was working fine with the vista OS. I then did an upgrade with 7, when the problem occurred. My printer is a wireless connect. I went to the HP site where they said a driver upgrade was not available The instructions were to bypass this by just going to "file" and print from the pull down menu. This didn't work either.

I also did the add printer and getting the software from MS, that didn't seem to work either.

All connections are unchanged. The only thing different/new is the OS change.

Thanks again!

Joe D.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2009   #8
Adrian

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by joed View Post
Adrian,

I have a Dell laptop inspiron 1720. Original OS was Windows Vista. The printer is a HP Photosmart 8450.
This printer was working fine with the vista OS. I then did an upgrade with 7, when the problem occurred. My printer is a wireless connect. I went to the HP site where they said a driver upgrade was not available The instructions were to bypass this by just going to "file" and print from the pull down menu. This didn't work either.

I also did the add printer and getting the software from MS, that didn't seem to work either.

All connections are unchanged. The only thing different/new is the OS change.

Thanks again!

Joe D.
Joe, were you provided an install disk?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2009   #9
Adrian

 

10/7 for 60
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Oct 2009   #10
joed

windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by joed View Post
Adrian,

I have a Dell laptop inspiron 1720. Original OS was Windows Vista. The printer is a HP Photosmart 8450.
This printer was working fine with the vista OS. I then did an upgrade with 7, when the problem occurred. My printer is a wireless connect. I went to the HP site where they said a driver upgrade was not available The instructions were to bypass this by just going to "file" and print from the pull down menu. This didn't work either.

I also did the add printer and getting the software from MS, that didn't seem to work either.

All connections are unchanged. The only thing different/new is the OS change.

Thanks again!

Joe D.
Joe, were you provided an install disk?
I do have a printer install disc, yes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HP Photosmart 8400




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
My experience with an 8400 GS
Okay so I've just received this video card for free and tried running some old games. I ran GTA San Andreas with this settings: View Distance = 100 (Maximized) Frame Limiter = OFF Visual FX Quality = Low Anti-Aliasing = OFF Resolution: 1024 x 768 And the video card surprisingly ran the...
Graphic Cards
8400 GS no sound via HDMI
Hi all, I connected my pc hp a6167.fr to my tv samsung UE32C400 via NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS (G86,,256 Mo) HDMI output, but no sound. Please help Configuration: Configuration - Screens: http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr97/HICHEMTIGS/Divers/Capture1.png ...
Sound & Audio
Nvidia Geforce 8400 SE
Saudações para todos voces!!! Comprei uma Placa de vodeo NVIDIA GeForce 8400 SE porém estou com problemas para encontrar um drive compativel. Alguém poderia me ajudar nesta busca! Obrigado Até breve! ------ Greetings to you all! I bought a card NVIDIA GeForce 8400 SE Vodeo but am having...
Graphic Cards
nVidia Geforce 8400 GS
Hi,i want to know if i overclock my graphic card,is it will be damaged or what because there are some games don't work perfectly and is this graphic card good for games and OS
Graphic Cards
GeForce 8400 GS 512MB
Will this work with windows 7 aero? Newegg.com - PNY VCG84512SPEB GeForce 8400 GS 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Graphic Cards
Geforce 8400 RS error
i haev a Geforce 8400 RS error but since widnwos 7 is beta i think it doesnrt work with it so when i use the geforce the computer crashes and i want to do dual monitor casue im a video editor adn dual monitor is easier with video editing so i cant use it and i haev to use my built in video card...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App