Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: I8kfanGUI settings?

03 Dec 2016   #21
Digerati

Windows 7 Profession 64-bit
 
 

Yeah, it will work. You don't have to use that cable or that charger. I just linked to that charger as an example. Any USB charger will do as long as it has a standard USB connector. If your pad has a short cable (mine is maybe 18 inches) you may need a simple and cheap USB extension cord. No big deal. And certainly a USB wall charger and extension cable will be a lot cheaper than a whole new cooling pad.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
03 Dec 2016   #22
Mega7User

Win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alexey2912 View Post
Thanks for your expert comments, which I appreciate. Do the temp and fan settings look fine, to turn ON and Off?

One reason for using this app, is that have fried 3 Nvidias prior to this, so am trying to be careful.
If you fried your vid cards due to insufficient cooling (blocking the vents, per your other posts) then using the laptop on something flat (as always advised) should negate the need for any third party application like that fan app. Your MB internal design will regulate all fans as designed, it just cannot do that effectively when you block vents. my comment/question, do you really NEED that utility? Just another resource hog, as the MB/OS does that job when the vents are not blocked. You do know nothing will 'save' your vid/hardware if you abuse the venting, right? As far as the external cooler, it never hurts to force extra cooling through your machine. Just be SURE you have the airflow complementary to the flow of the hardware fans (don't blow in where the hardware fans blow out). Good luck!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2016   #23
Alexey2912

W7 Pro 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Itaregid View Post
Yeah, it will work. You don't have to use that cable or that charger. I just linked to that charger as an example. Any USB charger will do as long as it has a standard USB connector. If your pad has a short cable (mine is maybe 18 inches) you may need a simple and cheap USB extension cord. No big deal. And certainly a USB wall charger and extension cable will be a lot cheaper than a whole new cooling pad.
The tray has a usb connector, so what kind of a cable would I require to reach the wall charger?

Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Dec 2016   #24
Alexey2912

W7 Pro 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alexey2912 View Post
Thanks for your expert comments, which I appreciate. Do the temp and fan settings look fine, to turn ON and Off?

Just be SURE you have the airflow complementary to the flow of the hardware fans (don't blow in where the hardware fans blow out). Good luck!
Thanks, true, should the tray fans be blowing down or up the notebook?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2016   #25
Digerati

Windows 7 Profession 64-bit
 
 

Quote:
The tray has a usb connector, so what kind of a cable would I require to reach the wall charger?
This is not hard: a USB cable. I provided a link.

Quote:
Thanks, true, should the tray fans be blowing down or up the notebook?
Are you just asking questions to keep the conversation going? Sorry, but this is just common sense. Cooling pads are already set up the way they should be used.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2016   #26
Alexey2912

W7 Pro 32bit
 
 

Thanks, just wanted to confirm, before purchasing.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sabrent-C...Cable/15819373
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2016   #27
Mega7User

Win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alexey2912 View Post
Thanks, true, should the tray fans be blowing down or up the notebook?
I am not familiar with your specific notebook, you have to make sure before you use the cooling pad. Only way I know of is to have a piece of tissue paper against the bottom while it is running. If it sticks to the bottom of your notebook, blow your cooling pad 'UP'. If it blows away from the bottom (not knowing how many vent areas you have on yours) then set the cooling pad to 'down'. If there are 'in' AND 'out' vents on the bottom, see if your cooling pad has separate fan direction controls and use it where they COMPLEMENT the designed airflow of your laptop. Good luck!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2016   #28
Alexey2912

W7 Pro 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mega7User View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alexey2912 View Post
Thanks, true, should the tray fans be blowing down or up the notebook?
I am not familiar with your specific notebook, you have to make sure before you use the cooling pad. Only way I know of is to have a piece of tissue paper against the bottom while it is running. If it sticks to the bottom of your notebook, blow your cooling pad 'UP'. If it blows away from the bottom (not knowing how many vent areas you have on yours) then set the cooling pad to 'down'. If there are 'in' AND 'out' vents on the bottom, see if your cooling pad has separate fan direction controls and use it where they COMPLEMENT the designed airflow of your laptop. Good luck!
Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2016   #29
Mega7User

Win 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Itaregid View Post
Sorry, but this is just common sense. Cooling pads are already set up the way they should be used.
Since I never had a laptop cooler before (but know computer fans have a set marked direction of flow/install based on its application, I guessed fans in a laptop cooler would have been selectable in its application. Learn something new every day! Thanks for helping me learn!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2016   #30
Digerati

Windows 7 Profession 64-bit
 
 

Not sure I would get a 32 ft cable, but in terms of the connectors, that would work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 I8kfanGUI settings?




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Cannot see Multimedia Settings under "Change advanced power settings"
I have already clicked "Change settings that are currently available" but it still does not show it, restarted the PC and still same result. MSE disabled Windows 7 Starter 32-bit Power Plan: High Performance System Model: HP Mini 110-3500
General Discussion
mem settings
Hi all well after huge help from essenbe and Bigmck and others that helped me set up my ssd drive i now want to check as i followed a youtube video to overclock my Q660 is now puring from 2.4 to 3.2 .Just a question please on the ram in the cpuz program i see my ram as per screen shot .just...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Hello, help with DPI settings please
Hi to all. i am very glad to find you. Ididnt know about your foroum until i needed you, so that makes me want to thank u in advance. i accidently caused a problem to my cousins laptop. the laptop is ACER Aspire 5732Z - 434G50Mn dual core at 2.1 GH. Cousin uses windows 7. The problem: we needed...
General Discussion
Windows 7 Regional Settings and Office 2010 Language Settings
I need to know if the Windows 7 Regional settings has any affect on Office 2010 language settings. If so, how? Heather
Microsoft Office
UAC settings
Is there a way to set the UAC to automatically elevate privilages on selected programs. I want to be able to use jkdefrag and ccleaner without having to give it permission to run every time I click on it, but I don't want to completely disable UAC either
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App