Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: WD laptop HDD not loading

04 Mar 2017   #51
prashantsbhatia

win 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
Never mind. We are now dealing with an intermittent drive and banking on good luck. We can't expect everything to go by the rule book.

May be you need to shut down your PC, remove the drive, reboot, plugin your drive and retry. If in Windows Disk Management it shows up as three RAW partitions close WDM ,start TestDisk.And hold there.

I shall be back in about 15 minutes to ascertain the position.

okay, Partition manager screenshot I shared, that info is gone...this disk is really erratic at this time


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Mar 2017   #52
prashantsbhatia

win 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by prashantsbhatia View Post
okay, Partition manager screenshot I shared, that info is gone...this disk is really erratic at this time

Am going to restart the laptop and see if something comes up. Be back in few mins...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2017   #53
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

The basic fact is you cannot run too many drive-seeking programs together,

If Partition Wizard is currently running, close WDM, Bootice, and TestDisk.

We shall do a partition Recovery with Partition Wizard and locate the correct partitions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Mar 2017   #54
prashantsbhatia

win 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
The basic fact is you cannot run too many drive-seeking programs together,

If Partition Wizard is currently running, close WDM, Bootice, and TestDisk.

We shall do a partition Recovery with Partition Wizard and locate the correct partitions.
Alright, point noted. Am back online and will plug in my device to see what I get. Keep you posted..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2017   #55
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

Yes , restart and run Partition Wizard only or try to get to the same Partition Wizard screen showing the partitions. Of course there is one too many and that is why I want to run Partition Recovery with Partition Wizard and write the correct partition table. Of course I am assuming that you will be able to get back to tha same PW screen you posted last in your post# 49.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2017   #56
prashantsbhatia

win 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
Yes , restart and run Partition Wizard only or try to get to the same Partition Wizard screen showing the partitions. Of course there is one too many and that is why I want to run Partition Recovery with Partition Wizard and write the correct partition table. Of course I am assuming that you will be able to get back to tha same PW screen you posted last in your post# 49.
I am able to access the device's dell recovery partition (useless to me but at least am able to access it). However not the other two drives...will keep trying and let you know
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2017   #57
prashantsbhatia

win 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
Yes , restart and run Partition Wizard only or try to get to the same Partition Wizard screen showing the partitions. Of course there is one too many and that is why I want to run Partition Recovery with Partition Wizard and write the correct partition table. Of course I am assuming that you will be able to get back to tha same PW screen you posted last in your post# 49.
This is what it shows up as of now...how to copy the data from partition wizard? if I click on copy, it says it needs an unallocated space...


Attached Thumbnails
WD laptop HDD not loading-capture8.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2017   #58
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

You cannot copy files from PW. Only on TestDisk you can copy files.( Can you not access the drive I : 102.7 GB in Windows? Try and see but do not close PW. You can also right click on that partition in PW and explore. (If your files are shown you can use the Copy Partition Wizard in PW to copy the partition to another drive. I haven't done it anytime before and so may not be able to help you on that Keep it as a second option only if you are unable to do a partition recovery as detailed below)

Now that you have Partition Wizard showing up, you can try Partition Recovery.

On the left Pane click on Partition Recovery Wizard> Next > Select your problem drive > Next > Full Disk > Next> QuickScan > Next. Allow the quickscan to complete. At the end of the quickscan you will get a window showing all the found partitions. Post a screenshot of it.

Out of the partitions shown, you have to select only those partitions that would make the preview map in that Window look the same as the drive was before that is the same three partitons you had, the System Reserved partition, your C drive and the Recovery partition.( Do you remember how much was your C drive space and how much was your recovery drive?

But I would request you to post the screenshot so that I can try to workout which partitions to select.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2017   #59
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
 
 

How to Copy partition with Partition Wizard : How to Copy Partition | MiniTool Partition Wizard Tutorial

Use an empty formatted drive as a safety measure and Try this only if Partition Recovery could not be made.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2017   #60
prashantsbhatia

win 8.1 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
You cannot copy files from PW. Only on TestDisk you can copy files.( Can you not access the drive I : 102.7 GB in Windows? Try and see but do not close PW. You can also right click on that partition in PW and explore. (If your files are shown you can use the Copy Partition Wizard in PW to copy the partition to another drive. I haven't done it anytime before and so may not be able to help you on that Keep it as a second option only if you are unable to do a partition recovery as detailed below)

Now that you have Partition Wizard showing up, you can try Partition Recovery.

On the left Pane click on Partition Recovery Wizard> Next > Select your problem drive > Next > Full Disk > Next> QuickScan > Next. Allow the quickscan to complete. At the end of the quickscan you will get a window showing all the found partitions. Post a screenshot of it.

Out of the partitions shown, you have to select only those partitions that would make the preview map in that Window look the same as the drive was before that is the same three partitons you had, the System Reserved partition, your C drive and the Recovery partition.( Do you remember how much was your C drive space and how much was your recovery drive?

But I would request you to post the screenshot so that I can try to workout which partitions to select.

scanning in progress...keep you posted Jumanji..


Attached Thumbnails
WD laptop HDD not loading-capture9.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 WD laptop HDD not loading




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
laptop restarts one second into loading screen
anyone that can help me is a god. my sisters TOSHIBA NB200 restarts one second into windows xp loading screen, the hdd works perfectly in my pc but when i put in into this laptop it doesnt load. any ideas? TOSHIBA NB200-12W
Hardware & Devices
Laptop not going beyond loading windows.
Hello All, I am in desperate need of a solution to my problem. A few months back, my laptop started getting stuck at the splash screen. The problem used to come and go but it annoyed me so I gave my laptop to lenovo customer care service. They advised me to restore my OS and I did the same but...
General Discussion
after 30 seconds of loading laptop crashes.
My battery is full and the lights are on. I can turn it on and I can hear it loading up, but after about 30 seconds to one minute nothing. No lights and the computer just shuts off. I have a Toshibaa Satellite, I am not computer savy but would like some insight or something to go on.
BSOD Help and Support
Laptop W7 loading time
I have a HP DV7-1247CL x64 and use W7 Home Premium. My ISP is Verizon FIOS Ultimate and my average speed up/down is about 35/35 with a wired connection. Recently I have noticed that after signing in it takes about 2 1/2 min to get the W7 loaded. I don't think this is average so what is the...
Performance & Maintenance
My Laptop freezes while loading a website.
Asus Notebook G72 Windows 64-bit 6 gigs ram Nvidia Geforce GTX 2660M Intel Core Duo EAX Advanced HD 4.0 I hope someone can help me. Whenever I try to load this website about the music from Tron: Legacy (TRON LEGACY SOUNDTRACK | MUSIC BY DAFT PUNK), my computer freezes. I can't move...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App