Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: PC Shuts Down Unexpectedly During Start-Up

11 Dec 2017   #31
Layback Bear

Windows 10 Pro. 64/ version 1709 Windows 7 Pro/64
 
 

By brand name, speed, volts.
Identical in all ways.

Buying ram in a matched package.
Matched packages have had all the ram modules tested together to make sure they work well together.

Jack


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
11 Dec 2017   #32
tephen04

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Megahertz07 View Post
As you have an unlocked MB with a Z77 chipset, I just asked if you did an OC.

For the memories, I don't think your problem is related to memories, but when you mixed sizes, you lost the dual channel feature. And speed isn't the only parameter. There is also CAS latency etc.

Im sorry but I dont know about "unlocked" MoBo so I didnt understood your point before. Well, I still have rooms to improved.

Alright, I think I dont know about it. Thank you for pointing that out. It just that I dont encounter any problem with this setup because I used those RAMs for the time I built this PC until now and not one instance that I had a problem with it, nor any replacement happened. I only can afford those RAMs at that time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2017   #33
tephen04

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
By brand name, speed, volts.
Identical in all ways.

Buying ram in a matched package.
Matched packages have had all the ram modules tested together to make sure they work well together.

Jack
Thank you for bringing that up. I really appreciate your advice. When I have the money, I will replace some of it and making them all identical.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Dec 2017   #34
Layback Bear

Windows 10 Pro. 64/ version 1709 Windows 7 Pro/64
 
 

Your very welcome.
I have tried all kinds of ram in all kinds of ways.
After many hours of head aches, I learned to get matched ram.
Even doing ram test with mismatched ram will indicate good. But the ram test programs don't test if each stick of ram works well with each other.

Jack
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2017   #35
iko22

Windows 7 x64, Vista x64, 8.1 smartphone
 
 

I am kinda joining this thread late, so I hope this contributing post is useful for making some reflection.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tephen04 View Post
Hello everyone!

I need your help with my PC. It just shuts down itself after between 2-30 seconds everytime I turn it on. There is no BSOD or any beep.
Please instruct me on what to do next in order to fix my problem..

Thank you very much, guys!
Can you verify that the CPU Fan cuts out?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tephen04 View Post
I cannot check the temperature of CPU since it is so sudden (2 seconds).. To check temp, i may need a thermogun which i dont have here. I also didnt install my monitor, it doesnt display anytime at that time. Cant even check the BIOS UEFI. CMOS reset is no good to me though.

EDIT: is it possible to overheat the CPU in just 2 seconds? I touched the exposed copper of my CPU cooler (Deepcool Ice Edge) but i didnt feel any heat from it. I replaced the thermal paste, BTW, after cleaning the whole unit.
Can tephen start computer with case side pannel off? Can you also utilize a household fan to blow cold air across motherboard

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RoasterMen View Post
This is the exact problem that I encountered with my system yesterday. CMOS reset did the trick up until I installed all the parts inside the case, it happened again.

I believe it has something to do with the temperature. Have you checked your processor temp? It's probably running over the warning temp the BIOS is set in.
Can tephen underclock CPU temporarily?

Best luck, iko22
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2017   #36
tephen04

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Hello, iko22 and thank you for helping me!

To answer your questions:

1. The CPU fan is well functioning, and as I said, I cannot feel any heat from the copper tubes of my CPU cooler for it to say that temperature is a problem.

2. Yes, I am testing the PC with the side cover open, but if you are asking if it is running when side cover is open, then it is not. I did a breadboarding and it also failed.

3. I dont know about over/underclocking because i didnt tried it before but as far as I know, over/underclocking can only be done when I can run the PC normally which is not the case right now so I think it is impossible to do right now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2017   #37
tephen04

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

My problem is the motherboard. Gonna replace the unit. CPU and PSU are tested OK. I hope the discussions done here will help others who will encounter a problem just like this.

Thanks to @Acova @Layback Bear @Megahertz07 @RoasterMen @iko22 for sharing your knowledge and helping me. Hope you will help others just like you did to me.

MARKED AS SOLVED.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Dec 2017   #38
Acova

Windows 8.1 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tephen04 View Post
@AcovaFirstly, I would like to say sorry because this replies will not include any quotes because it is hard for me to quote every line using my phone. But I will answer to your questions based on the order you told them. Thank you!
It's totally fine (about quotes), besides, they're optional.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tephen04 View Post
I havent done anything like disassembling the PSU because the result of my checking does not point to it. Unless there is a good reason, I can and I will do it. Remember the "risky" thing I do before? Thats the reason why I left my PSU intact for now.
By the way, if PSU left untouched for a long time, I think it can get pretty dusty in there as well. To be safe, take a second look for dust, and see if it is necessary to clean it.

You are not using PC yet anyways, it could be a good timing for cleaning. Not to mention performing visual checks on GPU as well. On other hand, I think, you're probably onto it already.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tephen04 View Post
My problem is the motherboard. Gonna replace the unit. CPU and PSU are tested OK.
Have you been able to find out what part/member of MoBo went out of order?
If visually it wasn't visible, maybe some circuit burned or something else, but surely it would be nice to learn what part started to fail, though if you are done with researches of this kind ;D - it's understandable too.

In either case, it's good to know that the problem was found and you've finally made a step towards fixing PC.

(Beforehand) Congratulations to you whenever you reassemble PC and it works alright after "Power-On" event.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 PC Shuts Down Unexpectedly During Start-Up




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Computer shuts down unexpectedly - Help!
Computer shuts down unexpectedly!
BSOD Help and Support
My Windows shuts down unexpectedly
Hi,i have a big problem with my laptop.After i replaced its motherboard which i bought it from China online,my laptop closes every 2 hours,but without like shutting down on the screen or anything,it just turns off.The guy who replaced the motherboard didn't installed a new windows after,he just...
General Discussion
PC shuts down unexpectedly
Help! my PC shuts down unexpectedly... I'm pretty sure it's not the CPU overheating because when idle it's at 37 and when I play games like NBA 2K14 its at 64. Can you please help me with my problem :( :( :( my Specs are: AMD A8 5600K Radeon HD 7560D Corsair 4GB DDR3 memory Seagate 500GB
Hardware & Devices
My HP shuts down unexpectedly
I am getting this error: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 50 BCP1: FFFFF881A50885A0
Performance & Maintenance
Booting shuts down unexpectedly
I am having problems with my desktop computer with Windows 7 32-bit home deluxe booting. I try to power it up and everything goes okay for a while. Eventually the windows logo comes up, but then the computer shuts down without warning. Once this happens, the computer seems mostly unresponsive to...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:30.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App