Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: HDD kills Display

01 Apr 2019   #31
johnhoh

Win7 pro x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Apr 2019   #32
sezan1

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Yeah tried it all

Will using windows 7 ISO > custom install > overwrite or format my current windows 10 installation > get back onto windows 7 that way?

I have the ISO ready to use
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Apr 2019   #33
dsperber

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 (2)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sezan1 View Post
So I went into CSM - it's enabled

Launch CSM - Enabled
Boot device control - uefi & legacy oprom
Boot from network devices - legacy only
Boot from storage devices - legacy only
Boot from PCI-E/PCI expansion devices - legacy only
Here are screenshots of my own CSM and Secure Boot BIOS settings for my homebuilt machine which uses a Skylake ASUS Z170-Deluxe motherboard. I only run Win7. That's what I installed on the machine two years ago, and that's all that's ever been on it. Intel i7-6700 CPU.

Clearly these BIOS settings are 100% compatible with Win7. And I don't recall changing any of these settings.






With these primary settings, I then customized the boot-sequence to allow me to boot from USB flash drive first, if inserted. If no bootable USB drive is present, the machine next looks at my M.2 Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD, where my Win7 system was installed.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Apr 2019   #34
Megahertz07

Windows 7 HP 64
 
 

My Gigabayte Z170 is more simple.
If you select OS=other, there is no CSM, No secure boot option.

When you select OS=Windows 8/10 then a CSM submenu shows up.


Attached Thumbnails
HDD kills Display-20190403_111336-1-.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2019   #35
sezan1

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Okay dude, can you guide me onto how to install windows 7 ?
my W7 iso > when I load my USB I get an error telling me to change some things in Rufus
When I load partition 1 of my USB it loads the windows 7 install page which is great, of course the mouse and keyboard die straight away.. with it being Ryzen

I wanna do a custom install and just overwrite windows 10 I have just now on my SSD
My PS/2 to USB connector failed me, so gonna order a PS/2 keyboard and hope for the best.. Anything I can do to get mouse and keyboard working okay?

At this point I don't even care about my HDD. I just want windows 7 on the SSD instead of windows 10


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
Here are screenshots of my own CSM and Secure Boot BIOS settings for my homebuilt machine which uses a Skylake ASUS Z170-Deluxe motherboard. I only run Win7. That's what I installed on the machine two years ago, and that's all that's ever been on it. Intel i7-6700 CPU.

Clearly these BIOS settings are 100% compatible with Win7. And I don't recall changing any of these settings.






With these primary settings, I then customized the boot-sequence to allow me to boot from USB flash drive first, if inserted. If no bootable USB drive is present, the machine next looks at my M.2 Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD, where my Win7 system was installed.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2019   #36
dsperber

Windows 7 Pro x64 (1), Win7 Pro X64 (2)
 
 

The easiest and most reliable way to create usable bootable USB media to install Win7 with the required USB 3.0 driver (and optionally also the required NVMe drivers) present is to use the Gigabyte USB Installation utility program, developed several years ago to support their own users who'd bought Gigabyte motherboards based on the Intel 100 Series chipset.

The Gigabyte utility is available from the Gigabyte download site, scrolling down on the page and expanding the "Utilities" category. It is described as: Windows USB Installation Tool, (Note) Support Intel 100/200/X299 series motherboards. OS: Windows 7 64bit,Windows 7 32bit.

The direct link to the utility on that page is here.

You simply run the utility, specify the source Win7 installer (either CD/DVD or mounted ISO file), specify the output device (e.g. 8GB or larger USB flash drive), and check USB 3.0 driver and optionally NVMe driver. You should uncheck the third "packages" box, which will for some reason automatically click on if you check the NVME second box. The utility will slipstream the missing requested drivers along with the original Win7 media into a new bootable USB flash drive that you can then use to install Win7 to a Skylake or newer machine.


IMPORTANT NOTE: after you download the ZIP file, before unzipping it you must turn off the BLOCKED security flag that is present. Unless you first remove the security flag before unzipping, the result of unzipping will be to prevent the expanded files from being accessible when you actually run the Gigabyte utility (which also is one of the files imbedded in the ZIP file), and it will end abnormally with an error message about "unable to add drivers...".

To solve the problem right-click on the ZIP file, select Properties, and you will see the Security item at the bottom of the General tab. Push the UNBLOCK button, then APPLY/OK, and now you are free to unzip this ZIP file. All of the expanded files will now be perfectly readable by the Gigabyte utility, and the process of adding USB 3.0 (and optionally NVMe) drivers to the original Win7 CD/DVD or ISO installer media to create new output bootable USB flash drive will run to normal completion.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Apr 2019   #37
sezan1

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dsperber View Post
The easiest and most reliable way to create usable bootable USB media to install Win7 with the required USB 3.0 driver (and optionally also the required NVMe drivers) present is to use the Gigabyte USB Installation utility program, developed several years ago to support their own users who'd bought Gigabyte motherboards based on the Intel 100 Series chipset.

The Gigabyte utility is available from the Gigabyte download site, scrolling down on the page and expanding the "Utilities" category. It is described as: Windows USB Installation Tool, (Note) Support Intel 100/200/X299 series motherboards. OS: Windows 7 64bit,Windows 7 32bit.

The direct link to the utility on that page is here.

You simply run the utility, specify the source Win7 installer (either CD/DVD or mounted ISO file), specify the output device (e.g. 8GB or larger USB flash drive), and check USB 3.0 driver and optionally NVMe driver. You should uncheck the third "packages" box, which will for some reason automatically click on if you check the NVME second box. The utility will slipstream the missing requested drivers along with the original Win7 media into a new bootable USB flash drive that you can then use to install Win7 to a Skylake or newer machine.


IMPORTANT NOTE: after you download the ZIP file, before unzipping it you must turn off the BLOCKED security flag that is present. Unless you first remove the security flag before unzipping, the result of unzipping will be to prevent the expanded files from being accessible when you actually run the Gigabyte utility (which also is one of the files imbedded in the ZIP file), and it will end abnormally with an error message about "unable to add drivers...".

To solve the problem right-click on the ZIP file, select Properties, and you will see the Security item at the bottom of the General tab. Push the UNBLOCK button, then APPLY/OK, and now you are free to unzip this ZIP file. All of the expanded files will now be perfectly readable by the Gigabyte utility, and the process of adding USB 3.0 (and optionally NVMe) drivers to the original Win7 CD/DVD or ISO installer media to create new output bootable USB flash drive will run to normal completion.
Thank you I'ma try this <3.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2019   #38
Megahertz07

Windows 7 HP 64
 
 

I have the Ryzen USB drivers and I'm preparing a guide for you. Be patient.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2019   #39
sezan1

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Megahertz07 View Post
I have the Ryzen USB drivers and I'm preparing a guide for you. Be patient.
I did all the above, I added USB support with that windows image tool to my USB with the ISO. Still keyboard and mouse are dying upon install page

My secure boot is now DISABLED!
No idea how, I restarted > checked into secure boot > it's disabled.. even after restarts its not securing itself automatically!! lol.

Used override to load usb just to check, window files loads fine etc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Apr 2019   #40
Megahertz07

Windows 7 HP 64
 
 

Where did you get the USB drivers to add to the Win 7 installation disk?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 HDD kills Display




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
KB2667402 kills RDP (again)
Running Windows 7 Professional, SP1 - 64 bit Installing the new, (supposedly compatible with SP1) June version of KB2667402 breaks RDP - i.e. the service fails to load properly and the computer is not listening on port 3389 for RDP connections. This has happened on several of our computers - but...
Windows Updates & Activation
SP1 kills!
I down loaded SP1 and when the computer rebooted it had an error it was stuck on vault.dll please help. I have already tried startup repair and the disc.
Windows Updates & Activation
This kills me
Hello im bad on english but i realy need help Al starting when the lightning crash my computer. my motherbord broken and i buy a new one and replace it (ASrock n61p-s) i play entropia and never have problems, now it starts I got the blue screen at random time sometims 3 times in one houer...
BSOD Help and Support
Ice-T kills a Mac
You have to see this. Made my day: Ice-T Destroys a Mac with a Claw Hammer Stunning.
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44.
Twitter Facebook