Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Will Windows 7 Pro do this for me?

06 Jan 2010   #1
jberenyi

Windows 7 X64 Home Premium
 
 
Will Windows 7 Pro do this for me?

I have an HP Scanner that is not Windows 7 compatible. If I anytime upgrade to Pro will I be able to use it by taking advantage of the XP install feature?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Jan 2010   #2
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Go to microsoft compatibility center to be sure.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...s/default.aspx

If it is not listed, my GUESS is that it is compatible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #3
DocBrown

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Could you list the exact model of the HP scanner, does it have a Date of Mfg sticker on it with a date ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jan 2010   #4
tapuz

windows 8.1 pro
 
 

had a similar problem with canon, i downloaded the vista driver, and it worked.
try at your own risk, or maybe someone can give his professional help here, i would make a restore backup just in case.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2010   #5
jberenyi

Windows 7 X64 Home Premium
 
 

My HP Scanner is the 4470C. No Vista drivers are available either so I doubt they will do it for 7. I just figured that if I anytime upgrade to Pro for $90 I could install the XP drivers in the XP mode of Windows 7 Pro. It would be cheaper than buying a new scanner. Any thoughts?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2010   #6
DocBrown

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Have you tried downloading the XP drivers from Hp & installing them in XP compatibility mode ?

HP Scanjet 4470c Scanner series- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2010   #7
jberenyi

Windows 7 X64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Have you tried downloading the XP drivers from Hp & installing them in XP compatibility mode ?

HP Scanjet 4470c Scanner series- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

I haven't tried that yet but I can try. I never used that mode yet on anything to determine its effectiveness.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2010   #8
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jberenyi View Post
My HP Scanner is the 4470C. No Vista drivers are available either so I doubt they will do it for 7. I just figured that if I anytime upgrade to Pro for $90 I could install the XP drivers in the XP mode of Windows 7 Pro. It would be cheaper than buying a new scanner. Any thoughts?
You could certainly try something like Sun VirtualBox or VMWare Player 3.0 which are free virtualization products which would allow you to install a copy of XP (if you have one) and test this without having to upgrade your base OS. Of course, if you don't have a copy of XP to use...this might not be feasible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jan 2010   #9
jberenyi

Windows 7 X64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jberenyi View Post
My HP Scanner is the 4470C. No Vista drivers are available either so I doubt they will do it for 7. I just figured that if I anytime upgrade to Pro for $90 I could install the XP drivers in the XP mode of Windows 7 Pro. It would be cheaper than buying a new scanner. Any thoughts?
You could certainly try something like Sun VirtualBox or VMWare Player 3.0 which are free virtualization products which would allow you to install a copy of XP (if you have one) and test this without having to upgrade your base OS. Of course, if you don't have a copy of XP to use...this might not be feasible.
I'm going to try this for sure and report back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jan 2010   #10
jberenyi

Windows 7 X64 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jberenyi View Post
My HP Scanner is the 4470C. No Vista drivers are available either so I doubt they will do it for 7. I just figured that if I anytime upgrade to Pro for $90 I could install the XP drivers in the XP mode of Windows 7 Pro. It would be cheaper than buying a new scanner. Any thoughts?
You could certainly try something like Sun VirtualBox or VMWare Player 3.0 which are free virtualization products which would allow you to install a copy of XP (if you have one) and test this without having to upgrade your base OS. Of course, if you don't have a copy of XP to use...this might not be feasible.
VMware Player 3.0 worked great with my HP Scanner. Back in business.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Will Windows 7 Pro do this for me?




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:11.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App