Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Intel X25M 80 GB SATA SSD

08 Feb 2010   #21
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Ahh! I found why, I was thinking that these are Buy It Now, but they are auctions. There is still a couple of days left on the one closing soonest, so the price will surely rise.
Ah yeah....the best part will be when the auction price rises about the current price in retail and people just keep bidding because they really want to win.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Feb 2010   #22
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

I got a reply to an earlier question regarding mounting screw holes, but it didn't exactly answer it in a way that I understand:
Quote:
i do not believe that it does....they are all encased in
boxes.

2.5" hard drive or SSD adapter kit for Desktop PC

there is one
with side holes to mount it
If side holes are the only mounting points, that would mount to the adapter tray, but the same holes are necessary to mount to the toolless drive bays in my machine. I might have to resort to velcro also.

EDIT: No, that wouldn't work either, because side mounting holes on a 2.5" drive, wouldn't reach the holes on a 3.5" adapter...at least not the ones in the link.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2010   #23
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

From what I found, it appears that Intel doesn't give any warranty for OEM drives.

Quote:
OEM Intel® High-Performance SATA Solid-State Drives
The OEM-provided warranty will differ in length, depending on the OEM. We recommend you consult the warranty documentation that accompanied your computer system to determine the length of the warranty period. Alternatively, please contact the manufacturer or company from which you bought your computer system as they may be able to help.
Boxed Intel® High-Performance SATA Solid-State Drives
Intel offers a three (3) year limited warranty to original purchasers of boxed Intel® High-Performance SATA Solid-State Drives.

To see the full text of this warranty, we recommend you consult the Certificate of Authenticity shipped with this product or see the terms of our boxed Intel® High-Performance SATA Solid-State Drives limited warranty for details.
So much for that idea.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Feb 2010   #24
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Yeah, thats entirely possible. There are sometimes warranty issues when you buy OEM parts. According to NewEgg the hard drive is covered by a 3 year warranty. If I were to have a problem, I would start complaining to them, or any other vendor who sold you that drive and listed a warranty in the specs section.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2010   #25
fseal

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

It may seem that way but in reality you would save money over the long run.

I bought my SSD without a warrenty and saved $100. It's like /not/ buying an extented warrenty on your fridge. It may seem like you are better protected but in the long run of course the only one making money is the people selling you the warrenty.

If you could buy every part of your computer without the three year warrenty you would save enough money so that if any one part DID go bad you could replace it "free".

There is a reason that OEM parts come with no warrenty, it actually saves you money in the end
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2010   #26
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Yeah, thats entirely possible. There are sometimes warranty issues when you buy OEM parts. According to NewEgg the hard drive is covered by a 3 year warranty. If I were to have a problem, I would start complaining to them, or any other vendor who sold you that drive and listed a warranty in the specs section.
If I were going to pay a retail price for the drive, it would not be through Newegg...I never do business with them. According to the ad, the vender doesn't accept returns, but typically that only applies to returns not involving defective items. Since his policy on this is not clear, I sent him another message asking about it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2010   #27
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fseal View Post
It may seem that way but in reality you would save money over the long run.

I bought my SSD without a warrenty and saved $100. It's like /not/ buying an extented warrenty on your fridge. It may seem like you are better protected but in the long run of course the only one making money is the people selling you the warrenty.

If you could buy every part of your computer without the three year warrenty you would save enough money so that if any one part DID go bad you could replace it "free".

There is a reason that OEM parts come with no warrenty, it actually saves you money in the end
Since this is an auction, it is yet to be seen whether their would be any savings, with or without warranty. In any case, we aren't talking about an extended warranty, just a basic one. If a person got a lemon, that was DOA, and they couldn't get an RMA, there wouldn't be any advantage. If I had at least a short return period available, I might take the gamble, because I could at least test it at the beginning, and keep my fingers crossed for the future....but only if there was a signicant savings by doing so.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2010   #28
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
If I were going to pay a retail price for the drive, it would not be through Newegg...I never do business with them.
Yes, I am well aware of this fact with you. Someday I hope to find out your reasons for never doing business with them. I've been using them for years and they are almost my exclusive parts dealer for everything that I do at work and at home. If you don't want to air out the dirty laundry here in the forum, you could drop me a PM...I'm very interested to see what they did to you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2010   #29
fseal

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
Since this is an auction, it is yet to be seen whether their would be any savings, with or without warranty. .
Heh true

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister View Post
In any case, we aren't talking about an extended warranty, just a basic one. If a person got a lemon, that was DOA, and they couldn't get an RMA, there wouldn't be any advantage. If I had at least a short return period available, I might take the gamble, because I could at least test it at the beginning, and keep my fingers crossed for the future....but only if there was a signicant savings by doing so.
Well the OEM drives and CPUs do actually have a 30 day return policy from normal vendors (but maybe not from a guy on ebay). So you can normally do a full burn in test on them. If they last 30 days there is an /extremely/ good chance that they will last for years and years unless you drop or temp fry them in an unuusal circumstace (which most warrenties won't cover anyway)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Feb 2010   #30
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

I got this reply from the vender pertaining to my question regarding RMA returns/warranty:
Quote:
to be honest, i do not know, i have never contacted intel about it. i will
try doing that though
Sounds like an evasion to me, he completely bypassed the portion regarding his responsibility, so it looks like a grabbag to me, and since bidding has gotten to $177.50 shipped on one of his ads, with a day left for bidding, I'm not likely to bid at all.

I'll go back to eBaying for a better deal.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Intel X25M 80 GB SATA SSD




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
MSi P67A-GD55 B3, Intel SATA Problem still persists??? Pls Help
Hi everyone, this is my first post and first thread in the forum. I hope y'all are doing fabulous. I just bought an MSi P67A-GD55 B3 from someone yesterday. The board was brand new. It is a revision 3, which is supposed to fix Intel's SATA problems that used to be there before. I just...
Hardware & Devices
Intel SSD 520 Series SATA 3 is it ok to my motherboard?
Hi im planning buy an Intel SSD 520 Series SATA 3(60gb), I looked at the website of my motherboard(Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3-B3 ) I'm not sure if it has SATA 3 since I won this motherboard in a contest. I also want to know if I can see any difference between loading at startup in Windows and...
Hardware & Devices
Intel 80GB X25M SSD vs OCZ 120GB Vertex 2 SSD?
Well hey guys, i am planning to buy a macbook pro i5 (15.3) with 2.4GHz and i am also planning on getting a SSD for it internally. I am fairly new to the ssd generation and i am aware of how the huge improvements are from a hdd to a ssd. But the real question is, which ssd is better? I just looked...
Performance & Maintenance
SATA Driver for 2.53Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 CPU
EDIT TO TITLE: Processor is ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4650, and I may have found it. How do I go about obtaining the SATA driver for this particular processor. I am trying to complete this tutorial... How to Load SATA Drivers in Windows System Recovery Options:...
Drivers
Intel X25M 160GB SSD Problem
Hi all, first post of many :-) I have a problem with an Intel X25M 160GB SSD Drive. Windows is constantly telling me that its full. All the Programs i have on the drive is Win 7 ultimate 64 and MSQL Software. Hardware: Intel i7 980x @ 4.13GHz 12GB Kingston DDRIII 1333 Gigabyte...
Hardware & Devices
Intel SSD G2 X25M
Newegg.com - Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G2XXX 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - SSD I got that hardrive. I just got this Newegg.com - ASUS Model U3S6 USB 3.0 & SATA 6Gb/s Add-on card for a usb 3.0 hardrive. Can I hook up my ssd to the 6gbs ports on the card...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App