Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: i need help with upgrade install

06 Sep 2010   #1
7hussam7

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 
i need help with upgrade install

Hi,

I have windows 7 ultimate x86 beta version build7000 downloaded from the internet and i had alot of problems with it its main display language was arabic but i've changed it to english by downloading the language pack and installing it ,

now i decieded to buy windows build 7600 in english language now i have opened the setup pressed upgrade option but when its check the compatibility with the computer it gives me this :

In order to upgrade, you need a Windows installation disc that uses the same language as the language installed on your computer. If you don’t have a Windows installation disc in the correct language, you can choose to install a new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate instead, but this is different from an upgrade, and does not keep your files, settings, and programs. You’ll need to reinstall any programs using the original installation discs or files. To save your files before installing Windows, back them up to an external location such as a CD, DVD, or external hard drive. To install a new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, click the Back button and select “Custom (advanced)”.

can you please help me i dont want to do a fresh install cuz there are alot of important files cant delete them for a fresh install and i dont have any external backup solutions so please please can you help at least tell me if there is somthing to do with the registry editor to make its system language is english please again

thanks for reading my problem

7hussam7



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Sep 2010   #2
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Hi Hussam !

I doubt the first one is a modded os , and that's why English was not the main language there . In order to install 7 ultimate without losing your documents, you may create a new partition and place all the documents there .

First, it is to compare your data size and your free space size . If the free space can be utilized as a new partition to make a room for your data, Do it . Partition Wizard Bootable CD is a nice free tool that can make a new partition without hampering your system , out of the free space .

So if possible , first make a new partition for data using Partition Wizard ; then transfer all the data there , and third, go for a Clean Install Windows 7 .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2010   #3
bobtran

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

You could use Windows Easy Transfer to export your profiles, documents, music, etc and then do a clean install. Import the files and settings back in using Windows Easy transfer again.

Definitely do a clean install, You will thank yourself later when you don't have those little nagging/recurring issues to fix.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Sep 2010   #4
7hussam7

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Hi Hussam !

I doubt the first one is a modded os , and that's why English was not the main language there . In order to install 7 ultimate without losing your documents, you may create a new partition and place all the documents there .

First, it is to compare your data size and your free space size . If the free space can be utilized as a new partition to make a room for your data, Do it . Partition Wizard Bootable CD is a nice free tool that can make a new partition without hampering your system , out of the free space .

So if possible , first make a new partition for data using Partition Wizard ; then transfer all the data there , and third, go for a Clean Install Windows 7 .
Thanks for the tool and i will do what you said

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobtran View Post
You could use Windows Easy Transfer to export your profiles, documents, music, etc and then do a clean install. Import the files and settings back in using Windows Easy transfer again.

Definitely do a clean install, You will thank yourself later when you don't have those little nagging/recurring issues to fix.
thanks but the can the windows easy transfer save the settings in a partition and another thing I've already bought an emptey DVD-R's 4.7GB but its not enough to put all files in one dvd so can it make parts

thx for you replies !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2010   #5
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 7hussam7 View Post

Thanks for the tool and i will do what you said
And dont forget to post back with the results, and even if you face a query in between the operation ... feel free to ask here .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2010   #6
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Almost 5 Gigs is enough space. When transferring to the External HD, you will be asked what you want to save. You probably just want your settings etc. Your documents etc should already be backed up in case of problems. If you do not save them and save only from one or two user accounts, you have more than enough space. I saved mine on a 4gb finger drive and had a lot of space left over.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2010   #7
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

If you are still using the Beta version of Windows 7 as you mentioned in your first post, then I'm sorry, but your only option is a clean install as it is not possible to upgrade a Beta version (or RC, for that matter) to full retail. Take the advice given in previous posts about your data.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2010   #8
OEM

OS3.5
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
If you are still using the Beta version of Windows 7 as you mentioned in your first post, then I'm sorry, but your only option is a clean install as it is not possible to upgrade a Beta version (or RC, for that matter) to full retail. Take the advice given in previous posts about your data.
Dwarf is right on, ....how many people missed this little fact, .......gotta be 1,000's.

As others have pointed out, its best to do a clean install anyway. There is help on installing windows 7 in the tutorial section. Search and you will find all the info you need right here on this forum.

Back up all your data and start from scratch. If you bought an upgrade retail 7 disk, it will look for an existing OS already on your PC, like what you've seen previously. If no OS is found, I believe its just a matter of inserting the OS disk that came with the PC. If you don't have a disk, then do a full restore to the original OS that came with PC (if you still have the restore partition on the hard drive), but then still choose to do a clean install.

Good Luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2010   #9
bobtran

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 7hussam7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Hi Hussam !

I doubt the first one is a modded os , and that's why English was not the main language there . In order to install 7 ultimate without losing your documents, you may create a new partition and place all the documents there .

First, it is to compare your data size and your free space size . If the free space can be utilized as a new partition to make a room for your data, Do it . Partition Wizard Bootable CD is a nice free tool that can make a new partition without hampering your system , out of the free space .

So if possible , first make a new partition for data using Partition Wizard ; then transfer all the data there , and third, go for a Clean Install Windows 7 .
Thanks for the tool and i will do what you said

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobtran View Post
You could use Windows Easy Transfer to export your profiles, documents, music, etc and then do a clean install. Import the files and settings back in using Windows Easy transfer again.

Definitely do a clean install, You will thank yourself later when you don't have those little nagging/recurring issues to fix.
thanks but the can the windows easy transfer save the settings in a partition and another thing I've already bought an emptey DVD-R's 4.7GB but its not enough to put all files in one dvd so can it make parts

thx for you replies !
Yes the Windows easy transfer WILL transfer your profile and custom settings to the new install. The only thing it doesn't do is re-install your other software. You will need to re-install your apps although it will tell you if you miss an app that it is trying to apply custom settings to.

Don't get me wrong it is not a silver bullet and doesn't handle every piece of software available but it did allow me to move from my release candidate to the RTM and not have to re-customize my Windows to get it back like I had it (just a vanilla install of Windows and my other apps including office, Firefox, AV, etc). Then import the export and all my customizations where re-established. I also have not had to re-install my RTM even once since I stood it up the first time and my setup is exactly what it was with the Release candidate.

As for copying to DVD's this is not required, when you do the new install, you will find the Windows Easy Transfer file in the Windows.old directory at the C: root level after you complete the new Win7 install.

You however have been given good advice by plenty of other people in this thread so do what you want and the best of luck to you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Sep 2010   #10
7hussam7

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

THANKS!!!! TO ALL , YOU'VE ALL HELPED ME AND NOW NO PROBLEMS WITH MY VERSION AND ITS NOT BETA ITS THE LAST RELEASE FROM WINDOWS 7

atleast!!!!! no compatibility problems , no explorer.exe problems , no perfomance problems .... NOTHING!!!

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HELPED ME IN THIS THREAD!!!!!

this is the best windows 7 forums ever!!!

have a nice day everybody
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 i need help with upgrade install




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Is 'Upgrade install even meant to function as a repair install at all?
http://i61.tinypic.com/v3zi93.png Is this what the future has come to? When I have a fatal problem with my OS I have to start all over again? XP repair install is way better than this.
Installation & Setup
Can't upgrade install after running anytime upgrade
I purchased an upgrade key from Microsoft last year and used it on my Win 7 home premium 64 bit installation and upgraded it to Win 7 pro 64. Lately, my system has gotten squirrelly and I wanted to do the "upgrade" (repair) install from my CD. The system will not allow me to do this. It says...
Windows Updates & Activation
Some Win7 updates won't install. Can't install SP1 or Win 7 Upgrade
I've a customer whose Win 7 Home 64 bit won't install all the updates. He's got a list of ~24 updates that, when installed, results in error code 8007371b or 80073712. I've run SFC successfully with no errors as well as AntiMalwarebytes. Also ran MS Fixit 8025769253168492.4.1 which said it...
Windows Updates & Activation
Perform Clean Install after Upgrade Install
I originally did the upgrade install of Windows 7 from Vista to Windows 7. I am seeing that I now am running "ChkDsc" every time that my computer is shut down. I was told that I would be better off to do a clean install and reinstall programs and files. Can I do a clean install with my upgrade...
Installation & Setup
win 7 upgrade disc won't install as clean install
I have read the tutorials on here about using a win 7 upgrade disc for a clean install, but let me tell you it don't work for me! I bought a new hard drive and win 7 upgrade disc (I do own a copy of win 98 and win xp upgrade so thats all legal) I put the win 7 upgrade disc in and it started to...
Installation & Setup
Clean install of Win7 after an upgrade install?
I'm a new Win7 user and a new Seven Forums user. Quick questiion for you guys... Can I do a clean install of Win7 w/ the same upgrade disc I used for an upgrade install on the same computer? I did an upgrade from Vista install and activated the key. Windows is working fine btw, but I want...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:15.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App