Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Bloatware removal on new laptop.

19 Apr 2011   #11
mborner

Windows 7 Pro/32 Academic. Build 7600
 
 

Just out of curiosity, there isn't a 64 bit version embedded in my 32 bit disk, is there?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
19 Apr 2011   #12
Bill2

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mborner View Post
Just out of curiosity, there isn't a 64 bit version embedded in my 32 bit disk, is there?
NO. Readymade disks are either 32 bit or 64 bit, never both. Although one can make such a disk.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2011   #13
KnowOne

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
 
 

Have you ever checked out Soluto?

ttp://www.soluto.com/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Apr 2011   #14
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mborner View Post
Not that it matter because I'm moving up to the Pro version, but how would I clean reinstall the OEM version that comes with the laptop without also installing all the bloatware?
Did you see this?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post

Here are tips to getting a perfect install of factory OEM (my specialty): Reinstalling Windows 7
If you want to keep the preinstalled programs on the laptop, just insert the Pro Upgrade key in Anytime Upgrade to unlock the extra features.

Otherwise you can clean reinstall with the Pro Upgrade version following the tips in my link above - you needn't do the upgrade workaround if you don't wipe the HD. I would keep the Recovery partition and make the disks so you have two methods to revert back to factory installation if needed.

Are you sure you need the few extra features in Pro version? For what?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2011   #15
mborner

Windows 7 Pro/32 Academic. Build 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
If you want to keep the preinstalled programs on the laptop, just insert the Pro Upgrade key in Anytime Upgrade to unlock the extra features.
I don't want to keep preinstalled features. My goal is to remove W7 HP and install W7 Pro, clean install, no bloatware.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Otherwise you can clean reinstall with the Pro Upgrade version following the tips in my link above - you needn't do the upgrade workaround if you don't wipe the HD. I would keep the Recovery partition and make the disks so you have two methods to revert back to factory installation if needed.
This is confusing me a bit. I have a W7 Pro upgrade disk that is currently activated on another machine. What CD key would I use if I went this route? I can't use the CD key off the laptop as it would be a different version. So, you see, I'm still left with no disk and no CD key. I would have to purchase another disk/cd key
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Are you sure you need the few extra features in Pro version? For what?
Yes, I need the pro version. I need XP mode for some legacy software that I run.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2011   #16
richyrichuk

Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit
 
 

when u get your new laptop DONT FORMAT, get jelly bean key finder find your OS key as most computers are shipped with a corp license and therefor activated forever, but more important the key installed with your laptop generally wont match what is on the bottom, then you have a ligit windows key that wont expire.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2011   #17
gregrocker

 

Since you don't want the factory bloatware but do want Pro version, you'll need to Clean reinstall the OS which comes with the machine, using the Product Key on COA sticker, then buy an Anytime Upgrade key to unlock Pro features in the clean install.

Use the key on the COA sticker not the key audited from the HD using a keyfinder.

You can unlock all versions in any Win7 installer using this method: Unlock any version eicfg removal too.

Otherwise Buy full version Win7 Professional if you don't have on hand a retail copy of XP or Vista to qualify for Upgrade version on that machine, as a Win7 lesser version only qualifies for Anytime Upgrade under the EULA.

Finally, if XP legacy programs won't run when installed in Compatibility Mode, you can virtualize XP in lesser Win7 versions using freeware like VMWare, Virtual Box or Virtual Player.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2011   #18
mborner

Windows 7 Pro/32 Academic. Build 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Since you don't want the factory bloatware but do want Pro version, you'll need to Clean reinstall the OS which comes with the machine,.
Where do I find this OS? The machine won't ship with one. I can order the laptop with the recovery disks for a small fee but the OS will be riddled with HP bloatware. Last I heard, HP doesn't separate the OS disk from the bloatware disk.
I think I may just end up buying a W7 pro laptop and doing a clean install of the upgrade version that I aready have.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2011   #19
stormy13
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote:
Where do I find this OS? I can order the laptop with the recovery disks for a small fee
Recovery partition, most like set to hidden in Windows Explorer. There should also be a shortcut in the start menu for creating the recovery disks (last HP I worked on it took 3 DVD's for it) which will save whatever it is they charge for them, but as you said will still have all the HP bloat in it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Apr 2011   #20
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mborner View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Since you don't want the factory bloatware but do want Pro version, you'll need to Clean reinstall the OS which comes with the machine,.
Where do I find this OS? The machine won't ship with one. I can order the laptop with the recovery disks for a small fee but the OS will be riddled with HP bloatware. Last I heard, HP doesn't separate the OS disk from the bloatware disk.
I think I may just end up buying a W7 pro laptop and doing a clean install of the upgrade version that I aready have.
I explained it in the same post:
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
You can unlock all versions in any Win7 installer using this method: Unlock any version eicfg removal too.
Extract the ISO from your Win7 Pro DVD using ImgBurn, run the ei.cfg removal tool on it, then burn an all-versions DVD to install the licensed version with Product Key on your COA sticker.

The $25 Pro Upgrade student deal might be the better option depending on how much more they want for a Pro-preinstalled machine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Bloatware removal on new laptop.




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
New Sager Laptop, Want No Bloatware
Hey all i got the sager laptop and it looks pretty good. I had an asus u45jc-a1 but the laptop had lot of problems from being very slow and bloatware and many other issues. Laptop also was i3 so a bit slow and wanted an i7 quad core and this sager is i7 quad core. Its windows 7 home premium 64...
General Discussion
Should I reinstall the OS from a brand-new laptop? (bloatware)
Hi everyone, I just received a Toshiba Tecra A11 from work. It's quite an alright computer, but it brings, as usual, the infamous bloatware from the manufacturer. My question is: what should I do? 1. Do nothing besides disabling startup programs 2. Uninstall programs 3. Install another...
Installation & Setup
New HP laptop loaded with bloatware - keep/discard what?
So I just purchased this wicked basic HP laptop. I'm floored with it's performance for a sub $400.00 purchase. I've attached some pictures (sorry about the focus) the thing is I've ordered free system discs to do a clean install but there are tons of HP programs for all sorts of things. Does anyone...
Installation & Setup
New Asus A53U laptop, uninstalled all the bloatware, error 0x00000116
After buying this cheap laptop for my mother to check email on and browse the web, I uninstalled all the extra programs that ASUS ships with the computers. The next morning when it was being used, it got BSOD. As stated in the title, event viewer reads "The bugcheck was: 0x00000116...
BSOD Help and Support
Dell laptop IE9 add-on removal
Hello everyone! I purchased a dell Inspiron laptop and went through and uninstalled a bunch of things, including the bluetooth that came with the laptop. Shouldn't have, but did. It is now installed agan. However, in IE, a bluetooth add on remains. I do NOT want a bluetooth add on, but it wont...
Browsers & Mail
Bloatware removal
Now I have read some of the posts in the tuts and while I would love to get rid of some of the stuff I am still not really sure of what is needed. I am setting up a friends eMachine M355 at the moment and am constantly pestered with eMachine reg and other flipping pop ups for diags etc Now I...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App