Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Win 7 DVD not bootable

24 Apr 2011   #1
TrEmEnDoUs

Win 7 64 Bit
 
 
Win 7 DVD not bootable

Hello, I want to install win 7 and i have a 100% working DVD as i tried at another pc.
the problem now when i restart my pc it doesnot read it and i made the dvd boot before the hard disk and it still not booting from it.

I tried to search before posting this thread, but i amnot very good on these things and i didnot understand how to solve it, please give me the steps for doing it and don't tell me "burn the cd" or "do something" as i don't know how to do these things..

Thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Apr 2011   #2
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

You provide very little information about what you did.

Does the PC have an operating system in place? Can you read the DVD from that OS? Are you trying to install a 64 bit version of Windows 7 on a machine with a 32 bit OS in place?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #3
Orbital Shark

 
 

Hi, welcome to the forums :)

1 way to install Windows 7 would be to copy the contents of the DVD to a folder on your root folder...

1 example would be to create Win7 Install in C:

You can then run the setup from there and choose a custom install which will install Windows 7 (even from within Windows 7).

You can then Cleanup the Windows.old folder.


OS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Apr 2011   #4
gregrocker
Microsoft MVP

 

At PC startup, try tapping the Asus F8 one-time Boot menu key to boot the DVD. Clean Install Windows 7

As stated you can also try running the DVD from the existing OS if you have one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #5
TrEmEnDoUs

Win 7 64 Bit
 
 

Thanx all for trying to help
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
You provide very little information about what you did.

Does the PC have an operating system in place? Can you read the DVD from that OS? Are you trying to install a 64 bit version of Windows 7 on a machine with a 32 bit OS in place?
yes my pc already have win 7
i don't know what is the Operating System! but if you mean from the windows yes i can see it and it opens asking to be installed and if you mean at the start of the windows no i can't see the part telling me "press any key to boot from CD/DVD"
and i am trying to install 64 Bit in a 64 Bit machine
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Orbital Shark View Post
Hi, welcome to the forums :)
1 way to install Windows 7 would be to copy the contents of the DVD to a folder on your root folder...
1 example would be to create Win7 Install in C:
You can then run the setup from there and choose a custom install which will install Windows 7 (even from within Windows 7).
You can then Cleanup the Windows.old folder.
OS
I want to format drive C before installing win 7, will this way help me in doing this?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
At PC startup, try tapping the Asus F8 one-time Boot menu key to boot the DVD. Clean Install Windows 7

As stated you can also try running the DVD from the existing OS if you have one.
just click F8 when it boot? ok i will try it now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #6
sasanet

windows 7 ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

the simplest way is seting DVD to first place in bios boot order or even more simplest metod is installing form USB stick and doing the same thing (faster install)
just hit F2 or del depends on your bios, u can see at the bottom when bios starts what button to press.

no need for fantasy tricks and no need for fantasy knowelede.

regards,
sasanet
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #7
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2011   #8
Ponmayilal

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TrEmEnDoUs View Post
Hello, I want to install win 7 and i have a 100% working DVD as i tried at another pc.
the problem now when i restart my pc it doesnot read it and i made the dvd boot before the hard disk and it still not booting from it.

I tried to search before posting this thread, but i amnot very good on these things and i didnot understand how to solve it, please give me the steps for doing it and don't tell me "burn the cd" or "do something" as i don't know how to do these things..

Thanks.
Your optical drive is suspect.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sasanet View Post
...... even more simplest metod is installing form USB stick and doing the same thing (faster install)
just hit F2 or del depends on your bios, u can see at the bottom when bios starts what button to press.

no need for fantasy tricks and no need for fantasy knowelede.

regards,
sasanet
Booting from a pendrive - I endorse it. Simple but not as simple as sasanet seems to suggest.

Here is the solution for the OP:

Make an ISO of your Win 7 DVD media on your friend's computer.

Download YUMI YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator (Windows) | USB Pen Drive Linux and make your bootable pendrive with Win7 ISO on it. Read about the known issues and unplug your pendrive before the first start of Windows during setup.

Since you also want to format your C drive before installing Win7, you may also put the parted magic ISO on the pendrive. If I remember correct it is listed in YUMI.

So you will have one pendrive with which you can accomplish both the tasks - formatting and installing Windows 7.

Help:

ISO to USB flash drive, what software

Creating a bootable flash drive from ISO file

Say "No" to burning bootable CDs, DVDs from ISOs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2011   #9
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

[Quote]yes my pc already have win 7[Quote] from post 5.

Why are you reinstalling?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Win 7 DVD not bootable




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Does an ISO have to be bootable, or just in a bootable environment?
Does an ISO (in my case Macrium) have to be bootable, IOW have an MBR in the image, in order to be restorable, or just be in a bootable environment, like an external drive that's been made bootable? Thanks!
Backup and Restore
Make bootable ISO from bootable USB Drive
I have a USB drive with Ophcrack and a rainbow table in it. I can boot from it. I want to make an ISO from it with the table still installed. I'm trying to use it on VMware. I've tried using PowerISO by opening the files and saving them as an ISO. It wouldn't boot.
Software
about bootable cd
i am trying to boot my pc by a windows xp 2007 but it does not boots and gives the notification that "you have a newer version of windows than this" and sometimes it stops due to the system compatibility but there is no solutin for it in the intenet. I AM USING WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32-BIT 2GHZ...
General Discussion
Software for cloning bootable USB to bootable CDROM?
I'm looking for a freeware utility that will clone a bootable USB stick with special build of Slax with an inhouse developed program to a bootable CDROM. There's plenty of information on how to go the opposite way, from bootable CDROM to bootable USB, but our company has several bootable sticks...
Software
Non-Bootable to Bootable - How?
Please post me link to create non-bootable applications to bootable. I have seen many tutorials about making Windows XP, Windows 98 or Windows ME non-bootable cds or dvds into bootable ones. I want to learn how to make windows 7 non-bootable dvds into bootable dvds. Also how would I get the boot...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:52.
Twitter Facebook Google+