Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to fit in Windows 7 SP1 into bootable 4GB pendrive

09 Aug 2011   #11
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ninjaboyz View Post
Recently I downloaded Windows 7 SP1 x32/x64 ISO and I want to make bootabale pendrive. The whole file size is 3.8GB on disk and can't fit in my 4GB pendrive which is actually just around 3.6GB in capacity. I need around 123MB more free space. Is there any file that I can remove from Windows 7 installation like unimportant updates that I can download it later?
Is there an official Microsoft version that includes both the X86 and X64 installers?

The retail upgrade .ISOs I downloaded are separate (and the contects of each fit easily on a 4GB flash drive).


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
09 Aug 2011   #12
Bill2

Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobkn View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ninjaboyz View Post
Recently I downloaded Windows 7 SP1 x32/x64 ISO and I want to make bootabale pendrive. The whole file size is 3.8GB on disk and can't fit in my 4GB pendrive which is actually just around 3.6GB in capacity. I need around 123MB more free space. Is there any file that I can remove from Windows 7 installation like unimportant updates that I can download it later?
Is there an official Microsoft version that includes both the X86 and X64 installers?

The retail upgrade .ISOs I downloaded are separate (and the contects of each fit easily on a 4GB flash drive).
No. AIOs are all home brewed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2011   #13
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

You can also order the DVD, but there is a $5 shipping charge. Order Free Windows 7 SP1 DVD From Microsoft Online Store | Redmond Pie
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Aug 2011   #14
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
You can also order the DVD, but there is a $5 shipping charge. Order Free Windows 7 SP1 DVD From Microsoft Online Store | Redmond Pie
Hi Jacee

Are you sure, states SP1 only, not a full copy.

How to fit in Windows 7 SP1 into bootable 4GB pendrive-sp1.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2011   #15
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

I ordered it and it says .... Service Pack 1 (SP1) Not for resale
This disc contains 32- and 64-bit software. Windows 7


Attached Thumbnails
How to fit in Windows 7 SP1 into bootable 4GB pendrive-sp1-002.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2011   #16
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jacee View Post
I ordered it and it says .... Service Pack 1 (SP1) Not for resale
This disc contains 32- and 64-bit software. Windows 7
Your screenshot is SP1 DVD, not Windows 7 with sp1.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Aug 2011   #17
Jacee
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1
 
 

Correct
Maybe I lost the plot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to fit in Windows 7 SP1 into bootable 4GB pendrive




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
not able to make sdcard pendrive bootable
Want to install Windows 7 ultimate 64bit in Windows XP sp3 32bit. My DVD writer is not working. I have 8gb sdcard inserted in card reader and using them as a pen drive. I am not able to make sdcard pendrive bootable. Already wasted 3 days. Please help me. i would be very thankful....
Hardware & Devices
bootable Pendrive
Hello, Can u help me to create bootable usb Pendrive to install after windows? please give tutorial for it. thanks in advanced.
General Discussion
Software for cloning bootable USB to bootable CDROM?
I'm looking for a freeware utility that will clone a bootable USB stick with special build of Slax with an inhouse developed program to a bootable CDROM. There's plenty of information on how to go the opposite way, from bootable CDROM to bootable USB, but our company has several bootable sticks...
Software
2 bootable ISO's on 1 pendrive
just got myself a 16GB Kingston Drive and what i want to do is put 2 or more bootable images on there create my own boot menu so i can choose what to use when i need it saves carrying a bunch of CD's e.g. 1 x windows 7 ultimate install 1 x windows 7 basic install 1 x Hiren's boot CD ...
Customization
How can I make a bootable pendrive on Windows 7
Hi, I don't really know if my post is in the right forum section, but here is the idea. Since I installed windows 7 on my new laptop, a MSI Ex625, I encountered some problems. - I have some buttons, one of them is used to choose the alimentation mode of the laptop. An other button used to...
Drivers
Windows 7 crash when plugging USB Pendrive
Hi! I've just upgraded my Sony Vaio from Vista to Windows 7 32 bit. I've done all upgrades form Microsoft and from the Sony site. The problem is that the OS crashes when I plug an USB pendrive, but not always. Blue screen that indicates that I may upgrade the BIOS (but I've already...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App