Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Stuck at "Setup is loading" screen.. :-(

13 Oct 2009   #11
karthik3161999

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
Have you tried to remove the 500 gig stick of ram. Win 7 has been seen to have problems with odd ram configs.
Hi.. guess you were referring to the 512 mb ram stick.. okay.., will do that as well.. try the installation again and post back...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Oct 2009   #12
myzr7

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karthik3161999 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
Have you tried to remove the 500 gig stick of ram. Win 7 has been seen to have problems with odd ram configs.
Hi.. guess you were referring to the 512 mb ram stick.. okay.., will do that as well.. try the installation again and post back...
Yes thats right. Sorry for any confusion. hope it works for you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2009   #13
karthik3161999

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Guess i did a great mistake by even thinking about installing windows 7 it seems as though this OS was not built for AMD systems ! especially the athlon 64 series.. im not the only one suffering with this problem from what i have seen on various forums..
here is what i did and it ultimately screwed up my tv tuner card..!

enter BIOS and diabled USB ports
removed the 512MB ram
swapped the 1gb with the 512mb ram alone
removed the video card & the tuner card ! (was the mistake that i did)
disconnected the other optical drives
removed my mouse etc
LASTLY even disconnected my SATA HDD!!

so ultimately what was left with the computer was the dvd drive (that had the bootable disc within) and the cpu along with the motherboard and RAM.. what else is there to cause any kind of stupid hardware conflict?!! im going mad with this..!!!!!

While i thought i could put the pci cards back in properly (which i actually did), once done there was no problem with my video card but tv tuner card got screwed up it was detected as a multimedia controller but even installing the driver, it would not be detected as a "tuner card" and the yellow exclamation still remains in the device manager... tried re-seating the card on the slot (dont have any other available slot to swap with) also tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers atleast a dozen times but the tv software says the card is not installed ... no video capture devices detected!

looks like i have got myself into deep **** trying to install this OS... now anybody who can help with either of my problems?!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Oct 2009   #14
myzr7

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

Sorry this has not worked for you! In regards to your TV Tuner did you remove this in add and remove programs and then reinstall?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2009   #15
RichB

Win7 x64 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karthik3161999 View Post
Anybody any suggestions? I have seen a couple of threads with the same problem but no solution has been mentioned there as well

My system did this on first install too. I thought it had stalled out, tried several times. Finally I gave up and went to bed..... in the morning it had continued. Try waiting longer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #16
karthik3161999

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by myzr7 View Post
Sorry this has not worked for you! In regards to your TV Tuner did you remove this in add and remove programs and then reinstall?
Yes, i did....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #17
karthik3161999

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RichB View Post
My system did this on first install too. I thought it had stalled out, tried several times. Finally I gave up and went to bed..... in the morning it had continued. Try waiting longer.
Did the setup hang at the same screen that i had mentioned? It is at this stage to be very specific...

New Install Windows 7 - Wait for Windows 7 Setup to Begin

Even the earlier steps such as this one
New Install Windows 7 - Choose Language and Other Preferences
took ages to come up on screen.. did you have the same symptom? Just wanted to be sure... thanks..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #18
karthik3161999

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

okay.. good news as far as my tuner card is concerned.. wiped off the contact points and re-inserted the card into the slot and that did it..!

will start the installation now and leave it over night ...!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #19
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by karthik3161999 View Post
Guess i did a great mistake by even thinking about installing windows 7 it seems as though this OS was not built for AMD systems ! especially the athlon 64 series.. im not the only one suffering with this problem from what i have seen on various forums..
here is what i did and it ultimately screwed up my tv tuner card..!

enter BIOS and diabled USB ports
removed the 512MB ram
swapped the 1gb with the 512mb ram alone
removed the video card & the tuner card ! (was the mistake that i did)
disconnected the other optical drives
removed my mouse etc
LASTLY even disconnected my SATA HDD!!

so ultimately what was left with the computer was the dvd drive (that had the bootable disc within) and the cpu along with the motherboard and RAM.. what else is there to cause any kind of stupid hardware conflict?!! im going mad with this..!!!!!

While i thought i could put the pci cards back in properly (which i actually did), once done there was no problem with my video card but tv tuner card got screwed up it was detected as a multimedia controller but even installing the driver, it would not be detected as a "tuner card" and the yellow exclamation still remains in the device manager... tried re-seating the card on the slot (dont have any other available slot to swap with) also tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers atleast a dozen times but the tv software says the card is not installed ... no video capture devices detected!

looks like i have got myself into deep **** trying to install this OS... now anybody who can help with either of my problems?!
First, welcome to Seven Forums,
Thanks for filling in your specs and giving us the Installation detail answers.

If you didn't finish the test install (on your 'other intel p4 system') with your DVD, then try with the USB stick.
+90% of install problems are from burning DVDs, sometimes they will fail at the start and sometimes fail at the end. It will depend on what data was corrupted.

Leave these hooked up or connected:
This is the minimum to install with.
1GB RAM
The DVD drive your installing with (If using DVD)
The SATA Hard Drive
Monitor
Keyboard & Mouse

You can try these one at a time or just remove all of them:
If you have integraded graphics, take out the Graphics card
Remove your TV Tuner card,

Don't stop the install, we have many reports of installs completing after 2-4+ hours of "just sitting there".

Are you connected to the internet during the installation?

Let us know your results.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #20
karthik3161999

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Yeah !!!!!!!!!! waiting for just 15 more additional minutes did the job for me last night...! thanks a ton to the all the around here...! '
Thread 'solved'..!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Stuck at "Setup is loading" screen.. :-(




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 installation Stuck on "Starting Setup" Screen-Unabl 2 Repair
I've read a similar query but not any of the answers were able to solve my problem. I have a dell studio 15 laptop (1555) with regular specs windows 7 home premium 64 bit , recently it used to give problems of sudden switch off with flash of a blue screen , the problem was a virus as it also...
Installation & Setup
Stuck at "windows is loading files" when doing a system recovery
I'm using laptop lenovo T430U, when doing system recovery process until half ways my laptop no battery then shut down. After that Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your...
Installation & Setup
Stuck at black screen that says "loading operating system"
I just installed a new motherboard into my compaq preserio and when the computer starts up I am greeted with a black screen that says "loading operating system...". When I plug the original motherboard in I am greeted with a black screen, nothing happens after that. I have already installed the new...
Hardware & Devices
Custom setup stuck on "starting windows" screen
Hey guys currently using home premium 32bit but got pro upgrade 64 bit so had to do the custom install from booting with the disk I choose the language, keyboard layout etc, choose custom install, pick the hard drive and it goes to the installing screen. When part 2 of the install screen is...
Installation & Setup
Stuck at "Setup is loading System Devices"
Hello everybody. Installing Win7 Home Premium x64 on a new 1TB from the offical DVD, and the computer hangs at "Setup is starting services" Only running with 2GB of ram in. My video card is a nvidia 9800 GT 1GB, and i've tried it with an older nvidia 8800, with the same issue. I don't have any USB...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App