How to Clean Install Windows with non-bootable Windows CD

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 512
    Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
       #1

    How to Clean Install Windows with non-bootable Windows CD


    I created a Windows XP Pro x64 iso file and burned a CD, because my Windows distribution CD was damaged. When I created the iso file and burned the CD, I didn't make it bootable by mistake.

    I'm trying to create a dual-boot Windows 7 Pro x64 and Windows XP Pro x64 system. The Win 7 system is already installed on a three hdd Intel RST RAID-5. I'll remove the partition from the D:\ drive on the RAID-5 volume and install Windows XP Pro x64 there.

    Can I create a bootable floppy with SATA and RAID drivers to install Windows XP from the non-bootable CD?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

    Regards.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 6,285
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #2

    Can't you burn another CD only this time make it bootable.

    Also curious why you are asking about XP in a Win 7 forum????
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 10,796
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
       #3

    Do you have the sata and raid drivers for winxp on floppy?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 10,796
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
       #4

    tjg79 said:
    I created a Windows XP Pro x64 iso file and burned a CD, because my Windows distribution CD was damaged. When I created the iso file and burned the CD, I didn't make it bootable by mistake.

    I'm trying to create a dual-boot Windows 7 Pro x64 and Windows XP Pro x64 system. The Win 7 system is already installed on a three hdd Intel RST RAID-5. I'll remove the partition from the D:\ drive on the RAID-5 volume and install Windows XP Pro x64 there.

    Can I create a bootable floppy with SATA and RAID drivers to install Windows XP from the non-bootable CD?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

    Regards.
    Very simple to boot.
    boot from DOS floppy. Then P:\i386\winnt.exe (replace P with actual drive leter of CD. Do DIR D:, DIR E: etc to find it)

    How to install Windows from the I386 folder
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 512
    Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Ztruker said:
    Can't you burn another CD only this time make it bootable.
    I'm out of burnable CDs at the moment. That's why I was thinking about using my USB floppy to boot and execute the Win XP setup file on the non-bootable CD. I need to load F6 drivers for RAID anyway, so I'm trying figure out what I need on a bootable floppy to start the Windows XP CD on a SATA DVD drive with the install partition on an Intel RST RAID-5 volume.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 512
    Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Kaktussoft said:
    Do you have the sata and raid drivers for winxp on floppy?
    I've got the Intel RST F6 download to be installed on a floppy. I need to check if I can install those drivers on a bootable floppy. I don't know if the SATA drivers are included.

    The Windows XP Pro x64 CD included SP2 which is the last SP for the x64 version of XP.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 512
    Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Ztruker said:
    Also curious why you are asking about XP in a Win 7 forum????
    I'm installing Win XP as a dual-boot on a Win 7 system. I was using the SevenFourms' tutorial on the topic as a guide. I think it will be better than Win 7 XP mode.

    Also, this is one of the best Windows forums on the web.

    Regards
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 512
    Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Kaktussoft said:
    tjg79 said:
    I created a Windows XP Pro x64 iso file and burned a CD, because my Windows distribution CD was damaged. When I created the iso file and burned the CD, I didn't make it bootable by mistake.

    I'm trying to create a dual-boot Windows 7 Pro x64 and Windows XP Pro x64 system. The Win 7 system is already installed on a three hdd Intel RST RAID-5. I'll remove the partition from the D:\ drive on the RAID-5 volume and install Windows XP Pro x64 there.

    Can I create a bootable floppy with SATA and RAID drivers to install Windows XP from the non-bootable CD?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

    Regards.
    Very simple to boot.
    boot from DOS floppy. Then P:\i386\winnt.exe (replace P with actual drive leter of CD. Do DIR D:, DIR E: etc to find it)

    How to install Windows from the I386 folder
    Can I add that executable path as a batch file to the bootable floppy with the F6 RAID drivers installed? If so, is there a command to have the bootable floppy look for the drive with the CD?

    Thanks
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 512
    Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Kaktussoft said:
    tjg79 said:
    I created a Windows XP Pro x64 iso file and burned a CD, because my Windows distribution CD was damaged. When I created the iso file and burned the CD, I didn't make it bootable by mistake.

    I'm trying to create a dual-boot Windows 7 Pro x64 and Windows XP Pro x64 system. The Win 7 system is already installed on a three hdd Intel RST RAID-5. I'll remove the partition from the D:\ drive on the RAID-5 volume and install Windows XP Pro x64 there.

    Can I create a bootable floppy with SATA and RAID drivers to install Windows XP from the non-bootable CD?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

    Regards.
    Very simple to boot.
    boot from DOS floppy. Then P:\i386\winnt.exe (replace P with actual drive leter of CD. Do DIR D:, DIR E: etc to find it)

    How to install Windows from the I386 folder
    I made three attempts with two different bootable DOS floppies and each time I was unable to change to anything above B:\ drive. A:\ and B:\ are both the same floppy drive.

    The first attempt was with a bootable DOS floppy formatted by my Win 7 system. The second attempt was with the Win 7 bootable DOS floppy and the Intel RAID drivers installed on that floppy. The third attempt was with the Magic Boot Disk 2.0 DOS bootable floppy downloaded and installed on a floppy disk.

    I need to find a way to make a bootable floppy that will recognize my SATA DVD drive on an Intel 5 series desktop board. Then I can execute the path to start the Win XP CD install and change the floppy disk to the F6 RAID drivers when prompted by the OS.

    Regards
      My Computer

  10.    #10

    Burn another XP w/SP3 CD ($2 for 5 quality CD's on the wall rack at Walgreens) with ImgBurn at 4x speed, boot it to full-format your partition in the desired space.

    If it requires SATA drivers insert them as shown here: SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24.
Find Us