Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 64 bit

24 Oct 2009   #11
B3astiie

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I am going to try and install Windows 7 32bit to see if that works.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Oct 2009   #12
B3astiie

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

bump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #13
usasma
Microsoft MVP

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by B3astiie View Post
I am going to try and install Windows 7 32bit to see if that works.
So, what happened?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Oct 2009   #14
B3astiie

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

I got this...

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/B3astiie.T@tics/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/windows/upgrade/images/alert.gif[/IMG] The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.
  • Windows needs to be restarted so necessary changes to system files can be made before continuing.

  • For these items, make the following changes:
  • Install updated drivers for the following devices. Open Control Panel and search for "update device drivers".
    • Storage controllers: ATI AHCI Compatible RAID Controller
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/B3astiie.T@tics/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/windows/upgrade/images/warning.gif[/IMG] Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and/or programs:
  • These devices might not work properly after the upgrade. Before upgrading, we recommend updating the drivers for these devices. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel and search for "update device drivers", or go to the device manufacturer's website to search for updated drivers.
    • Storage controllers: ATI RAID Console
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #15
DocBrown

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Advanced Host Controller Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Check your Bios settings for AHCI & what options ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #16
B3astiie

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Sorry bro, but when it comes to Ahci settings and how to reach them, they are way out of my league. I read the link but didn't see instructions as to how to reach the settings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #17
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by B3astiie View Post
I got this...

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/B3astiie.T@tics/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/windows/upgrade/images/alert.gif[/IMG] The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.
  • Windows needs to be restarted so necessary changes to system files can be made before continuing.

  • For these items, make the following changes:
  • Install updated drivers for the following devices. Open Control Panel and search for "update device drivers".
    • Storage controllers: ATI AHCI Compatible RAID Controller
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/B3astiie.T@tics/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/windows/upgrade/images/warning.gif[/IMG] Upgrading Windows will affect the following devices and/or programs:
  • These devices might not work properly after the upgrade. Before upgrading, we recommend updating the drivers for these devices. Cancel the upgrade, open Control Panel and search for "update device drivers", or go to the device manufacturer's website to search for updated drivers.
    • Storage controllers: ATI RAID Console
Looks like the 64 bit drivers will be hard to find. Dell doesn't list any for the Inspiron 1721.
Your 32bit ATI Serial ATA Storage/RAID driver.

Down load and install these driver, only if your BIOS is currently set to AHCI or RAID.
If your BIOS is not set to one of these your computer will show a blue screen error.

EDIT:
If you check the Dell Community Forum, you will have a good chance to find the 64 bit drivers you need, just do a search.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #18
B3astiie

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Yes I know they don't offer. I even got a call from Coporate after threatening to sue. All the guy kept saying is, "We recommend you use 32bit for now because the 64 bit drivers have not been tested and I have no idea when they will be release." They have them but won't release them.

I do not why he kept recommending me to use the 32 bit drivers.

Then I get a call about a week later leaving a Voicemail. "I apologize that we do not have the 64 bit drivers. If it makes you happy the Windows 7 32 bit driver will be released early 2010, maybe January or Febuary. Again I apologize I have tried everything I can about the 64 bit drivers but they will not release them.

On the other hand, I have a guy who found them all for me and uploaded them to a private page of his own if you would like to check and see if they are the right ones.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #19
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by B3astiie View Post
Sorry bro, but when it comes to Ahci settings and how to reach them, they are way out of my league. I read the link but didn't see instructions as to how to reach the settings.
Re-start your computer.

When the black boot screen comes up in the lower right corner it will say F2 for BIOS.

Repeatedly press F2, you should get into the BIOS.
If not re-start and try it again.

Look in Advanced Settings, SATA, you will see what its setting is.
It should be: IDE, AHCI or RAID.

Tell us what it is.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2009   #20
Snufffed

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by B3astiie View Post
Sorry bro, but when it comes to Ahci settings and how to reach them, they are way out of my league. I read the link but didn't see instructions as to how to reach the settings.
Usually the little pamplet or book that comes with your mobo, will give very good instructions on how to find and set your bios.
If the manual or book did not come with your system, then go to the manufacture site for your mobo and download the appropiate manual.

mobo = motherboard.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 64 bit




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App