Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: please help error loading operating system

31 Oct 2009   #51
mitch04

windows 7
 
 

I put Windows xp in and I run the repair and type fixmbr, followed by fixboot C: and fixboot D: then windows xp should go on and boot to be able to install. If that would then I can go into xp and install EasyBC as per tutorial. and should be able to get windows 7 back up


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Oct 2009   #52
Minotar

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitch04 View Post
I put Windows xp in and I run the repair and type fixmbr, followed by fixboot C: and fixboot D: then windows xp should go on and boot to be able to install. If that would then I can go into xp and install EasyBC as per tutorial. and should be able to get windows 7 back up
Yes,but remember you renamed your new partition as F:

So its FixBoot C: and FixBoot F:
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Oct 2009   #53
mitch04

windows 7
 
 

still nothing I seriously GIVE UP. Thanks for the help mate just driving me insane
thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Oct 2009   #54
Minotar

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitch04 View Post
still nothing I seriously GIVE UP. Thanks for the help mate just driving me insane
thanks
I think it has to do with your download of the iso installation files to be honest.

Ring the store up and complain,get them to send you out a retail disc.

Dan
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Oct 2009   #55
gregrocker

 

Suggest you install Win7 32 bit to second partition. The disk should have come with your 64 bit one. That gives you a 32 bit OS to run your 32 bit program u want.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Oct 2009   #56
mitch04

windows 7
 
 

the disc I have its a build 7100.
But I do have windows vista?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Oct 2009   #57
Minotar

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Thats a beta disc as far as i know,im using build 7600.

Just now i fixed my boot manager after a failed install of Mr. Grims Icons.

What i done was i ran memory hardware check off the repair section of the Win7 installation disc,then restarted (i got as far as login screen like before due to missing .dll files) and i turned off the pc with the power button at the back ,when it came back on i finally got into advanced boot options by selecting "Press any button to run from disc" and used repair system-system restore

But there were other options there aswell,actually loads of them,including running in a low res,safe mode,command promt etc

Just try it to see if its any help,this is actually the second time i done this lol

My aim was to use the hardware memory scan to try and fix the boot loader and crashing the system to get the microsoft safety options to run


Seriously has to be a better way,but it did work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Oct 2009   #58
mitch04

windows 7
 
 

So are u saying to try xp again? and do what you say?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Oct 2009   #59
Minotar

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitch04 View Post
So are u saying to try xp again? and do what you say?
I would like to see if it works lol

But your giving yourself more hassle more than likely,if you want to experiment go ahead,otherwise just install the 32bit Win7.

Dan
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Oct 2009   #60
gregrocker

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Minotar View Post
Thats a beta disc as far as i know,im using build 7600.

Just now i fixed my boot manager after a failed install of Mr. Grims Icons.

What i done was i ran memory hardware check off the repair section of the Win7 installation disc,then restarted (i got as far as login screen like before due to missing .dll files) and i turned off the pc with the power button at the back ,when it came back on i finally got into advanced boot options by selecting "Press any button to run from disc" and used repair system-system restore

But there were other options there aswell,actually loads of them,including running in a low res,safe mode,command promt etc

Just try it to see if its any help,this is actually the second time i done this lol

My aim was to use the hardware memory scan to try and fix the boot loader and crashing the system to get the microsoft safety options to run


Seriously has to be a better way,but it did work
As soon as either of you get your system up and running like you want, go to Backup and Restore and create an Image backup to save on an external (or other internal) drive. This is the way to quickly recover from these things, including failure of HDD, or anything really: just reimage in 15 minutes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 please help error loading operating system




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Error loading operating system
I have a problem with my laptop. it's a ideapad z470. my problem is that whenever I turn on the laptop, it gives me a error loading operating system message. I have searches multiple threads and tried them but it didn't work for me. What I Have Tried 1. windows repair disc- after it loads...
General Discussion
Error Loading Operating system
Hello! I know you all are quite good at helping others fix their problems, and I have been stalking these forums for quite some time. However, I have recently gotten an issue with my computer booting that I can not fix, or find a fix on here. So, about two hours ago (On this current PC I...
General Discussion
Error Loading Operating System
I have an LG PC. I have office Professional 2007. The hard drive is seagate 320 Gbytes. It was operating perfectly, until I moved it to another room. I turned it on and the screen said analog power saving mode. I have changed the battery on the motherboard, double checked all connections, and...
General Discussion
Error loading operating system
When I turn on my computer it comes to ‚‚verifying dmi pool data‚‚ and after about 10 seconds it says ‚‚error loading operating system‚‚. than i restart my computer and it boots normally. it happens over and over again. can anyone expain me whatş that, ty
Hardware & Devices
Error loading operating system.
I come home from work, open the lid on my comp, and see this black screen. I've never messed with the HD, or have had any problems like this in the past. When I left the computer everything was fine (I left the power on) After seeing this message I hit the power button and tried to reboot again,...
BSOD Help and Support
error loading operating system
hello i need some help with this one, i guess i should explain this from the start, i installed windows 7 64bit ultimate (7600) a few weeks back, but just a few days ago i decided to install windows xp home sp3 on my back up drive for other reasons, qoute me instension was not to have a dual boot...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App