Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Build 7022 installation

17 Feb 2009   #101
Win 7 x64

Win 7 x64 - 7048
 
 

Totally agree about where it came from and about we cant complain. Althiugh I do have to say that I've had three times as much trouble with build 7022 than 7000. Im actually using a 9600gt and yeah mobo is 7 series nvid. . I'd skip 7022 if I were you and wait for RC1. In my experiance 7000 is hands down winner for stability etc, although 7022 is clearly faster. Good luck and keep us posted


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Feb 2009   #102
TripOG

windows 7 X64
 
 

weird i had way more problems with 7000 then 7022 well mostly because of ie but now the updated one on 7022 is leaps and bounds better i havnt experienced any issues on my pc atleast..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2009   #103
Studulike

Windows 7 Build 7600 Laptop and desktop. Also OSX 10.5.7 and 10.6 Snow on Laptop
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Win 7 x64 View Post
Totally agree about where it came from and about we cant complain. Althiugh I do have to say that I've had three times as much trouble with build 7022 than 7000. Im actually using a 9600gt and yeah mobo is 7 series nvid. . I'd skip 7022 if I were you and wait for RC1. In my experiance 7000 is hands down winner for stability etc, although 7022 is clearly faster. Good luck and keep us posted
I am inclined not to agree. 7022 works just fine and dandy and should do for most people. At the end of the day you may never of had trouble with 7000 but am sure someone somewhere would have done and then when theyu install 7022 the problem may have been fixed. You have to remember this is Beta software, there will be bugs but at the end of the day 7022 is newer therefore better code. It is a whole month newer not a couple of days. Sometimes Betas come out within a couple of days and then not worth upgrading but if you are talking weeks then if you can you should.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Feb 2009   #104
Studulike

Windows 7 Build 7600 Laptop and desktop. Also OSX 10.5.7 and 10.6 Snow on Laptop
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TripOG View Post
weird i had way more problems with 7000 then 7022 well mostly because of ie but now the updated one on 7022 is leaps and bounds better i havnt experienced any issues on my pc atleast..

And so say all of us.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Feb 2009   #105
darkassain

Windows 7 Ult x64(x2), HomePrem x32(x4), Server 08 (+VM), 08 R2 (VM) , SuSe 11.2 (VM), XP 32 (VM)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Win 7 x64 View Post
Totally agree about where it came from and about we cant complain. Althiugh I do have to say that I've had three times as much trouble with build 7022 than 7000. Im actually using a 9600gt and yeah mobo is 7 series nvid. . I'd skip 7022 if I were you and wait for RC1. In my experiance 7000 is hands down winner for stability etc, although 7022 is clearly faster. Good luck and keep us posted
i would actually argue that for me 6801 was the most stable...
that one was more rock solid than Vista SP1 (and from what i saw SP2...)
but then again...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Studulike View Post
I am inclined not to agree. 7022 works just fine and dandy and should do for most people. At the end of the day you may never of had trouble with 7000 but am sure someone somewhere would have done and then when theyu install 7022 the problem may have been fixed. You have to remember this is Beta software, there will be bugs but at the end of the day 7022 is newer therefore better code. It is a whole month newer not a couple of days. Sometimes Betas come out within a couple of days and then not worth upgrading but if you are talking weeks then if you can you should.
i cant vouch for that though..
newer code does not mean better code necessarily
it just means that new code (or actually new compiled code)
7022 might be new but it can certainly have broken parts and bugs in the OS...
thats why windows 7 is being tested...
so that eventually it will be stable enough for the masses..

or even better said by our resident mod barman58

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
Hi,

the whole point of an Interim build in product development is that you apply a fix for a particular issue and see what if anything that breaks. The next build you either try something else or fix the new break and so on.

As we are not privy to all the builds in this process it is impossible to know if the leaked build is even on the current development path or some abandoned offshoot. The next build to judge can only be the release candidate or other official build.

I can understand the desire to have the latest available build but when doing so there is always a possible reliability penalty to pay.

It is I think too much to expect every leaked build to be "better" than the previous official, or leaked, build.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Feb 2009   #106
Cam

 

I'll definitely upgrade once a 64-bit version gets leaked.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Feb 2009   #107
dchristey

Windows Vista Ultimate x64 & Windows 7
 
 

I am definately staying with 7000, its just not worth installing a leaked build on Torrent. Who uses Torrents these days anyways? Stay with an official release
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Feb 2009   #108
Romulinx2

Win7 Ultimate x64 on Desktop / Win7 Ultimate x86 on laptop / Win7 x86 Starter on Netbook
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dchristey View Post
I am definately staying with 7000, its just not worth installing a leaked build on Torrent. Who uses Torrents these days anyways? Stay with an official release
I 100% agree with you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Feb 2009   #109
win7

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64 Windows 8 Enterprise RTM x64
 
 

That is what everyone says until they actually install it...

I seen so many people here who were bashing the build a few days ago, now singing its praises since they have actually tried it.

Sitting on the fence is boring.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Feb 2009   #110
djhallucn8

XP Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 & 32 Build 7022
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by win7 View Post
That is what everyone says until they actually install it...

I seen so many people here who were bashing the build a few days ago, now singing its praises since they have actually tried it.

Sitting on the fence is boring.
He is right, I like to jump in to every build that has not been tampered with & install it, & stroke it, & pet it, & love it, & rub it because its my friend.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Build 7022 installation




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 64-bit Build 7022
Hello all! Well, I had to take the RAM down to 2GB but I got it to install.....:) Later :shock: Ted
General Discussion
How do you get Build 7022? And can you do a clean installation of it?
Topic says it pretty much. I either have to do a system repair and complete reinstallation or I was wondering how to get Windows 7 Build 7022 and if I can just do a clean installation of that? (The reason is that I am just having some problems and errors that I believe I somehow brought...
General Discussion
Upgrade to Build 7022?
I'm running Build 7000 at the moment, is there anyway it can update to 7022 or do I have to download the whole OS and do an upgrade?
General Discussion
Help Downloading Build 7022
Could someone give me some step by step instructions on how to download and install windows 7 build 7022. Thanks :D
General Discussion
Gadgets not launching in build 7022
I just downloaded build 7022 and now i cant launch gadgets?? I wanted to add a new clock but i cant launch the program. Any one else see this as well??
General Discussion
Win 7 - build 7022 has been leaked!
=> Here is the main topic at Neowin: Windows 7 build 7022 leaks - Neowin Forums => Blogs reporting about it: Windows 7 build 7022 has leaked | ithinkdifferrent Windows 7 Build 7022 leaks out in the wild | Redmond Pie => If you wanna get to know Windows 7:...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App