Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Build 7022 installation

10 Feb 2009   #11
Studulike

Windows 7 Build 7600 Laptop and desktop. Also OSX 10.5.7 and 10.6 Snow on Laptop
 
 

Trying to install 7022 is doing my head in. I need to do as an upgrade from 7000 but it always fails right at the end with a BSOD. I have tried everything from removing graphics card to removing all add-on hardware. Just won't have it. About to try again for the 9th time. lol


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
10 Feb 2009   #12
ittech

XP/Vista/Windows 7 builld 7000
 
 

not being partial to blue be it on the left hand or right hand panes, i'm inclined to keep my four machines on build 7000 for now. i'm looking for new feature or increased stability (my reliability ratings are near 10 now, where is that going?) which from commentary on this form or others i'm not finding yet. for those hopping from the publicly released beta to a leaked build, i suspect they have no long term history with beta testing. it's just that, a compilation build with it's inherant risks and a leaked version of that. fine, so long as you don't depend upon it and understand before installation. the latest and greatest from microsoft (and really just about every other system publisher) is not necessarily the best. that's what beta tests are all about. given the history of windows updates for successive op systems, every update may not apply to your installation or requirements. some will actually not be in your best interest.

in the longterm view, like girlfriends and sweaters, different is not necessarily what you are looking for. I'll throw this on one machine for interest sake, but i have found that the build 7000 pending a potential release candidate are units that i can depend (remember in a non mission critical machine) upon. my business machines run xp, there is a reason for that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2009   #13
win7

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64 Windows 8 Enterprise RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ittech View Post
not being partial to blue be it on the left hand or right hand panes, i'm inclined to keep my four machines on build 7000 for now. i'm looking for new feature or increased stability (my reliability ratings are near 10 now, where is that going?) which from commentary on this form or others i'm not finding yet. for those hopping from the publicly released beta to a leaked build, i suspect they have no long term history with beta testing. it's just that, a compilation build with it's inherant risks and a leaked version of that. fine, so long as you don't depend upon it and understand before installation. the latest and greatest from microsoft (and really just about every other system publisher) is not necessarily the best. that's what beta tests are all about. given the history of windows updates for successive op systems, every update may not apply to your installation or requirements. some will actually not be in your best interest.

in the longterm view, like girlfriends and sweaters, different is not necessarily what you are looking for. I'll throw this on one machine for interest sake, but i have found that the build 7000 pending a potential release candidate are units that i can depend (remember in a non mission critical machine) upon. my business machines run xp, there is a reason for that.

This build is over a month newer, and it has got decent improvements, like gadgets now working with UAC off, the new paint, the new ie, option now to show icons/gadgets not just "desktop items", the mp3 bug already patched, improved start menu search, and more things i can't be bothered to list...

I also keep finding new things every few hours.. its far more than a new light blue panel.. lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Feb 2009   #14
ittech

XP/Vista/Windows 7 builld 7000
 
 

well, i don't use paint.... i'm trying to think of any clients whom do and coming up blank, my mp3's run fine already, search is fine my end, true, my explorer window isn't blue. what gadgets i do use (one of them) runs fine.

like i said, i'm reading all the forums but don't feel compelled yet. if the suggestion is that people start again because of a new paint, boy, do i ever want you as a client, and i mean no disrespect.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2009   #15
ripbox

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

When i followed the link at the beginning of this thread i see people ranting about a Windows 7 Build 7032 x64
So is it just fake or are M$ steaming on with future builds.... i mean not too many month now untill the final release is supposed to be hitting the shelf's... i mean thats only going on the last ETA i heard... somewhere in the late months of 2009 (around 7 to 10 month)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2009   #16
win7

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64 Windows 8 Enterprise RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ittech View Post
well, i don't use paint.... i'm trying to think of any clients whom do and coming up blank, my mp3's run fine already, search is fine my end, true, my explorer window isn't blue. what gadgets i do use (one of them) runs fine.

like i said, i'm reading all the forums but don't feel compelled yet. if the suggestion is that people start again because of a new paint, boy, do i ever want you as a client, and i mean no disrespect.
There are bug fixes and a few new features/program versions. I honestly don't know what you people expect..

In short its a newer and better build.. and if you don't apply the mp3 patch in 7000 and use the media player internet options (which are turned on by default when using the recommended settings) you DO run a risk of having a few seconds chopped off mp3s...

just for the record here are the compile dates:
7000 = 12th December 2008
7022 = 15th January 2009

I rest my case....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2009   #17
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

OK folks, let's keep it peaceful.....



















Later Ted
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2009   #18
ittech

XP/Vista/Windows 7 builld 7000
 
 

oh i think it's pretty peaceful around here compared to some other forum

seriously, with the updates to build 7000 you are good to go with a released version. going from a known to an unknown, leaked release is a shakey strategy, if ms wanted you to have it, they would have made it available. it's only a build and to be followed by another leaked build soon enroute to a release candidate which is what everyone wants. bugs are present to be sure, (in 7000 and i'm sure in 7022 also and historically on the retail release of the future. we need fix lists that are not already known and corrected in updates and we aren't seeing that.

new paint aint gonna do it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2009   #19
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Agreed. Remember that these builds are not available through the official Microsoft channel and that those of you who choose to download and install these builds do so entirely at your own risk. Should Microsoft decide to release one of these builds through the official channels, then that would be a different matter entirely.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Feb 2009   #20
win7

Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64 Windows 8 Enterprise RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ittech View Post
oh i think it's pretty peaceful around here compared to some other forum

seriously, with the updates to build 7000 you are good to go with a released version. going from a known to an unknown, leaked release is a shakey strategy, if ms wanted you to have it, they would have made it available. it's only a build and to be followed by another leaked build soon enroute to a release candidate which is what everyone wants. bugs are present to be sure, (in 7000 and i'm sure in 7022 also and historically on the retail release of the future. we need fix lists that are not already known and corrected in updates and we aren't seeing that.

new paint aint gonna do it.
Im not saying that 7000 is bad, only that this is an improvement, sorry but unless they make a mistake its not going to be worse or "sketchy".

And as for the leaks, i had build 7000 ageeeees before it was officially released, and guess what... SAME MD5, same file..

I personally don't think this version will be officially released, and if your happy with a month old build until RC then that is up to you :P

It clearly fixes some annoying bugs mainly the UAC gadget bug for me and is not about just "new paint" or "blue panel".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Build 7022 installation




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows 7 64-bit Build 7022
Hello all! Well, I had to take the RAM down to 2GB but I got it to install.....:) Later :shock: Ted
General Discussion
How do you get Build 7022? And can you do a clean installation of it?
Topic says it pretty much. I either have to do a system repair and complete reinstallation or I was wondering how to get Windows 7 Build 7022 and if I can just do a clean installation of that? (The reason is that I am just having some problems and errors that I believe I somehow brought...
General Discussion
Upgrade to Build 7022?
I'm running Build 7000 at the moment, is there anyway it can update to 7022 or do I have to download the whole OS and do an upgrade?
General Discussion
Help Downloading Build 7022
Could someone give me some step by step instructions on how to download and install windows 7 build 7022. Thanks :D
General Discussion
Gadgets not launching in build 7022
I just downloaded build 7022 and now i cant launch gadgets?? I wanted to add a new clock but i cant launch the program. Any one else see this as well??
General Discussion
Win 7 - build 7022 has been leaked!
=> Here is the main topic at Neowin: Windows 7 build 7022 leaks - Neowin Forums => Blogs reporting about it: Windows 7 build 7022 has leaked | ithinkdifferrent Windows 7 Build 7022 leaks out in the wild | Redmond Pie => If you wanna get to know Windows 7:...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App