need a fresh install and avoid any w10 contamination,how can i do it?


  1. Posts : 471
    windows 7 ultimate 64bit
       #1

    need a fresh install and avoid any w10 contamination,how can i do it?


    Hi
    i need to do a windows 7 sp1 64bit fresh install
    and i want to avoid any windows 10 upgrade installation or notifications

    i will do the installation without internet ,so i can avoid not wanted update

    but after what have i to hide to avoid any windows 10 upgrades ?

    in some cases windows 7 update module pushes to download w10 update

    thanks
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 12,013
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
       #2

    You'll probably get a lot of recommendations.

    Here are a few:

    Go to Control Panel/Windows update/change settings and make sure that this box is not checked: Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates.

    Under "important updates", choose "check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them".

    You can also disable participation in Microsoft's Customer Experience Program:

    How to Opt Out of the Microsoft Office Customer Experience Improvement Program

    And you can try to maintain a list of Windows updates that are related to Windows 10 and telemetry and see that those updates remain uninstalled. That may or may not work as they may continue to be offered, possibly under another KB number.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 471
    windows 7 ultimate 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    ignatzatsonic said:
    You'll probably get a lot of recommendations.

    Here are a few:

    Go to Control Panel/Windows update/change settings and make sure that this box is not checked: Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates.

    Under "important updates", choose "check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them".

    You can also disable participation in Microsoft's Customer Experience Program:

    How to Opt Out of the Microsoft Office Customer Experience Improvement Program

    And you can try to maintain a list of Windows updates that are related to Windows 10 and telemetry and see that those updates remain uninstalled. That may or may not work as they may continue to be offered, possibly under another KB number.
    thanks
    but is there a list of KB(updates) to avoid ?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 12,013
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-bit
       #4

    Here's mine.

    I'm NOT saying it's accurate or that you should pay the slightest attention to it.



    2819745; it’s a “possibly to be avoided”

    2952664 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation)

    2976978 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation); I don’t have this as of 8/23/15

    2977759 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation); I don’t have this as of 8/23/15; "performs diagnostics on the Windows systems that participate in the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program in order to determine…"

    2990214 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation)


    3021917 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparati0on + Telemetry)

    3022345 (Telemetry)

    3035583 (Windows 10 upgrade preparation)

    3050265 (a June 2015 replacement for 2990214)

    3065987 (a July 2015 replacement for 2990214); may be OK as it might allow a way to block other Win 10 related KBs.

    3068708 (Telemetry) (a later replacement for 3022345)

    3075249 (Telemetry); first seen 8/19/15

    3080149 (Telemetry); first seen 8/19/15

    3083324 (Windows Update Client); possibly benign; first seen 9/13/15; hidden
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 2,393
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #5

    Also here is another list built by another member:
    Has Microsoft permanently damaged Windows 7?

    Those as well as the previously said are known malware updates and must never be installed. New ones may appear from time to time, so our only option to defend against those nasties is to carefully review each and every update we install.

    And of course, remember to turn off any automatic updates, so you can't get infected without knowing. The highest safe option is "notify but don't install", and the prefered is "never install or notify". All others ask for trouble in the long run.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 471
    windows 7 ultimate 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #6

    ignatzatsonic said:
    Here's mine.

    I'm NOT saying it's accurate or that you should pay the slightest attention to it.



    2819745; it’s a “possibly to be avoided”

    2952664 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation)

    2976978 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation); I don’t have this as of 8/23/15

    2977759 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation); I don’t have this as of 8/23/15; "performs diagnostics on the Windows systems that participate in the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program in order to determine…"

    2990214 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparation)


    3021917 (Windows 10 Upgrade preparati0on + Telemetry)

    3022345 (Telemetry)

    3035583 (Windows 10 upgrade preparation)

    3050265 (a June 2015 replacement for 2990214)

    3065987 (a July 2015 replacement for 2990214); may be OK as it might allow a way to block other Win 10 related KBs.

    3068708 (Telemetry) (a later replacement for 3022345)

    3075249 (Telemetry); first seen 8/19/15

    3080149 (Telemetry); first seen 8/19/15

    3083324 (Windows Update Client); possibly benign; first seen 9/13/15; hidden
    Alejandro85 said:
    Also here is another list built by another member:
    Has Microsoft permanently damaged Windows 7?

    Those as well as the previously said are known malware updates and must never be installed. New ones may appear from time to time, so our only option to defend against those nasties is to carefully review each and every update we install.

    And of course, remember to turn off any automatic updates, so you can't get infected without knowing. The highest safe option is "notify but don't install", and the prefered is "never install or notify". All others ask for trouble in the long run.


    Hi !!!
    thank to both of you!
    great!!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 13,576
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #7

    My current list :)


    Updates not to Install

    KB2876229 SKYPE, If you want Skype then install it.
    KB2923545 RDP
    KB2970228
    KB3035583
    KB2990214
    KB3021917
    KB3068708 Telemetry
    KB2592687
    KB2660075
    KB2506928
    KB2952664 x2
    KB3050265
    KB2726535
    KB2994023
    KB3022345 Replaced by KB3068708 Telemetry

    KB3022345 Caused false sfc result
    KB2545698 (IE9)
    KB3065987
    KB3077715
    KB3078667
    KB3080149 Telemetry
    KB3075249 Telemetry
    KB2999226
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 471
    windows 7 ultimate 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #8

    AddRAM said:
    My current list :)

    thanks a lot
    some kb are very old ,i mean months or more before w10 release
    i can't add you reputation to thank you now , but i will as soon i can
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53.
Find Us