Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How do i install Windows 7 on the Lattepanda

11 Feb 2017   #1
Japster

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Stuck on installation for 2 days Lattepanda SBP

Hello fellow Windows 7 fanatics,

Recently a friend and I bought a Lattepanda 4G/64GB for our Arduino weather station project.
We needed this single board computer to host a SQL server to store the data collected from the sensors. And we would like to see if we can use SQL server data analysis services to see if we can find any patterns. We also need this single board computer to run miscellaneous programs that can only run on Windows 7 (Windows 7 is a better OS anyways ).
It would be a perfect device if we could get Windows 7 to run on it. Hardware-wise it should be able to run Windows 7.
We really need to make this device to work with Windows 7 or it would be completely useless for us.
We have tried a lot things to get the OS installed on this device but we just can't get it to work.

There doesn't really seem to be an option in the BIOS to turn on Legacy or CSM. We have turned off fast boot and secure boot but that didn't help either.
When trying to make a bootable USB device with Rufus with GPT support for UEFI it loads up until displays it starting Windows and then it locks up.

Here is a list of the other things we have tried in different combinations:

Rufus with several different options to make it UEFI compatible:
Hangs at starting Windows
Modifying an ISO making it UEFI compatible:
Same issue
Installing Windows 7 through the pre-installed Windows 10 and finding the possible driver asscociated with it (Intel SD Host Controller):
Won't pick up the driver (maybe the wrong driver?)
YUMI multiboot MBR and GPT:
Won't start from the USB device
Several ISO files including Windows server 2008:
Same issue
UBCD:
Won't start from the USB device
PLOP bootloader:
Won't start from the USB device
Windows install safemode:
Hangs at disk.sys
Windows install ignoring bad driver signatures:
Same issue
Windows install with logs:
Can't find where the logs are located

If anyone has a solution to this problem we would be really grateful,
Japstert


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
12 Feb 2017   #2
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

Possibility here:

Code:
(echo list disk
echo select disk N
echo clean
echo convert gpt
echo create partition efi size=100
echo format quick fs=fat32 label="System"
echo assign letter="S"
echo create partition primary
echo format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows"
echo assign letter="W"
echo exit ) | diskpart.exe

DISM.exe /Apply-Image /ImageFile:D:\W7_x64\sources\install.wim /Index:2 /ApplyDir:W:\
BCDboot.exe W:\Windows /s S:

rem disable vga.sys 640x480 16 colors
ren W:\windows\system32\drivers\vga.sys *.off
set Services=HKLM\loaded_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services
reg.exe load HKLM\loaded_SYSTEM W:\Windows\system32\config\system
reg.exe add "%Services%\Vga" /f /t REG_DWORD /v "Start" /d 4
reg.exe add "%Services%\VgaSave" /f /t REG_DWORD /v "Start" /d 4
reg.exe unload HKLM\loaded_SYSTEM

rem disable vgapnp.sys : novesa on
bcdedit.exe /store S:\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} bootlog yes
bcdedit.exe /store S:\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} bootstatuspolicy IgnoreAllFailures
bcdedit.exe /store S:\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} novesa on
bcdedit.exe /store S:\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} quietboot on

rem include graphics driver
Dism.exe /Image:W:\ /Add-Driver /Driver:D:\Drivers\C8HM70\Intel_Graphics\x64\Graphics\igdlh64.inf
Install Windows 7 at UEFI Graphics Output Protocol (GOP) hardware - Windows 7 - reboot.pro

Windows 7 x64 on UEFI without Legacy Support/CSM - YouTube

You may also need to install emmc drivers using dism as above.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Feb 2017   #3
Megahertz07

Windows 7 HP 64
 
 

If it is a Skylake or Kabylake MoBo you need to add the USB 3 and AHCI drivers to the Win 7 installation disk.
Please give us ALL hardware specs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Feb 2017   #4
Japster

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Thanks for the possible solution but it doesn't seem to work.

We have tried this solution step for step with the drivers for the Lattepanda but once we reboot after those steps are done it gets stuck in a boot loop. It loads up only giving us an black screen for a while and then it gives us an orange bar at the top and then it loops. We can tell it reboots because it suddenly has a huge drop in current on our current meter.

The attached picture is from the orange bar that it shows while trying to load Windows. That picture was taken before we tried your solution but its the same bar that's on the top at the black screen when Windows 7 tries to boot after those steps from the tutorial.

We would really appreciate some extra help on this issue,
Japster


Attached Thumbnails
How do i install Windows 7 on the Lattepanda-6380918c7d808a07c91837c0280c1a2e647be6815ea7c09d96-pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Feb 2017   #5
Megahertz07

Windows 7 HP 64
 
 

The attached picture? Go Advanced (below) - Manage Attachments - Browse - Upload
ALL hardware specs???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2017   #6
Japster

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Megahertz07 View Post
The attached picture? Go Advanced (below) - Manage Attachments - Browse - Upload
ALL hardware specs???
My apologies I was pretty sure I uploaded the picture but it didn't seem to get through.
And about the specs here is the list of specs from the Lattepanda Single Board Computer:

Processor: Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 Quad Core 1.8GHz
Operation System: Pre-installed full edition of Windows 10
Ram: 4GB DDR3L
Storage Capability: 64GB
GPU: Intel HD Graphics, 12 EUs @200-500 Mhz, single-channel memory
One USB3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports
WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
Built-in Arduino Co-processor: ATmega32u4
Video output: HDMI and MIPI-DSI
Onboard touch panel overlay connector
Supports 100Mbps Ethernet
GPIO:
6 GPIOs from Cherry Trail processor
20 GPIOs from Arduino Leonardo
6 Plug and play Gravity sensor connectors
Power: 5v/2A
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2017   #7
Megahertz07

Windows 7 HP 64
 
 

Some special devices are designed to have a specific OS.
It's possible that yours can't have win7 installed.
My suggestion:
- Contact the Lattepanda support and ask about the possibility of installing win 7 on it.
- Run your Win 7 programs under win 10 on compatibility mode. Install the program and right click on the shortcut created, choose compatibility mode and choose Win 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2017   #8
Japster

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Day 3

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Megahertz07 View Post
Some special devices are designed to have a specific OS.
It's possible that yours can't have win7 installed.
My suggestion:
- Contact the Lattepanda support and ask about the possibility of installing win 7 on it.
- Run your Win 7 programs under win 10 on compatibility mode. Install the program and right click on the shortcut created, choose compatibility mode and choose Win 7.
We have already sent a message to the manufacturer but thank you anyway for suggesting it.
Windows 10 isn't an option for us otherwise we wouldn't be posting on this forum to get this problem solved. Even if it took more then 3 weeks of trying to get this problem solved.
If it is designed for Windows 10 it shouldn't mean that that other operating systems should not work on it.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
Possibility here:

Code:
(echo list disk
echo select disk N
echo clean
echo convert gpt
echo create partition efi size=100
echo format quick fs=fat32 label="System"
echo assign letter="S"
echo create partition primary
echo format quick fs=ntfs label="Windows"
echo assign letter="W"
echo exit ) | diskpart.exe

DISM.exe /Apply-Image /ImageFile:D:\W7_x64\sources\install.wim /Index:2 /ApplyDir:W:\
BCDboot.exe W:\Windows /s S:

rem disable vga.sys 640x480 16 colors
ren W:\windows\system32\drivers\vga.sys *.off
set Services=HKLM\loaded_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services
reg.exe load HKLM\loaded_SYSTEM W:\Windows\system32\config\system
reg.exe add "%Services%\Vga" /f /t REG_DWORD /v "Start" /d 4
reg.exe add "%Services%\VgaSave" /f /t REG_DWORD /v "Start" /d 4
reg.exe unload HKLM\loaded_SYSTEM

rem disable vgapnp.sys : novesa on
bcdedit.exe /store S:\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} bootlog yes
bcdedit.exe /store S:\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} bootstatuspolicy IgnoreAllFailures
bcdedit.exe /store S:\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} novesa on
bcdedit.exe /store S:\efi\Microsoft\boot\bcd /set {default} quietboot on

rem include graphics driver
Dism.exe /Image:W:\ /Add-Driver /Driver:D:\Drivers\C8HM70\Intel_Graphics\x64\Graphics\igdlh64.inf
Install Windows 7 at UEFI Graphics Output Protocol (GOP) hardware - Windows 7 - reboot.pro

Windows 7 x64 on UEFI without Legacy Support/CSM - YouTube

You may also need to install emmc drivers using dism as above.
Perhaps we could modify the original image from Lattepanda to load the Windows 7 image instead?

Edit: We have managed to install the Intel DS host controller drivers on Windows 10 and then started the Windows 7 installation but once it restarts after installing it gets stuck at the same point with the orange bar .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2017   #9
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

you will need to install the video driver into the win7 image before trying to boot it up.

Did you install it into win7 install.wim ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2017   #10
SIW2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Vista x64 / 7 X64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How do i install Windows 7 on the Lattepanda




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Windows Essentials 2012 won't install on fresh Windows 7 install.
I swapped out the HDD on my wife's laptop with a new SSD, and did a fresh install of Windows 7. My wife liked the live mail, and the photo viewer, and had the 2009 version on the old system, I think. Anyway......you can only install the new Windows Essentials 2012, or it's individual...
Software
Windows Install error: Can't Install to disk, controller not Enabled
So I have been trying to install windows seven into a hard drive for my friend. I currently have windows install on my C:, have a separate HD for storage D:, and the third one that my friends wants windows installed into G;. I am running windows 7 ultimate x64 and im trying to install essentially...
Installation & Setup
Clean install error Windows cannot install required files.
This is what is happening. A friend gave me his DELL Inspririon 531 2007 Desktop. It has a pirated copy of 7 ultimate x64 (which I am not sure if this supports 64 bit). Prior to looking into how old the machine was, I was able to install 8.1 64 bit. But it wouldn't allow me to install any drivers...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Install - Cannot install required files... Error message
I have been trying to do a clean install of windows 7 and I am now getting this message. I have probably done a clean install using the exact same disk 5 times before. I've tried formatting the hard drive and re partitioning. This is a custom build. The thing that is interesting to me is that I...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Install Disc fails to see hard disk after Ubuntu install
After I tried to make a dual boot with Ubuntu and Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit), Windows now does not boot. I have tried to reinstall and repair the HDD but the disc fails to recognize my HDD (Western Digital Scorpio Black 500 GB). My HDD is Basic, has 3 primary partitions and 1 extended (3 logical)....
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:20.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App